IGNORED

Pattaya or Bangkok for root canal

lwomack

Thanks everyone who might respond to my question here. I am coming to SE Asia for 3 months. Riding a bicycle all over. I need to have a root canal on a bad tooth and was wondering if it would be better to get it done in Bangkok or Pattaya? Because it is going to take several days for it to be completed would it be better in Pattaya as I would be able to ride my bike around during the day and have a more laid back place to stay for the few days. What do any of you think. It is also cheaper to stay in Pattaya, but at the same time want to get good treatment. Any advise would be a great help. Larry

If you don't know the dentist it dosen't really matter whether you go Bangkok or Pattaya, quality of dental work is down to the dentist

Personally I been using Pattaya International Hospital for years and had done root canal, bridge and fillings. Exellent work and only slightly more expensive than the smaller clinics.

If anyone has had a root canal done could you give a rough price? A root canal I had done here in the states was around $450USD which is 15,000BAHT.

I am pretty sure I need another one since I already have a buildup without a crown. The outer frame may need to be reworked so was just wondering about the pricing differences.

As far as Pattaya versus Bangkok. I would get it wherever you are staying. For instance you may want to sleep things off after the work is done or just go out and party I guess. :Clap8:

Have you had a root canal done before? Are you referring to couple days, meaning taking scans then getting the actual toothwork on a different day, multiple root canals? Mine I think took 2 hours w/ scans.

2ll0roh.gif

If anyone has had a root canal done could you give a rough price? A root canal I had done here in the states was around $450USD which is 15,000BAHT.

I am pretty sure I need another one since I already have a buildup without a crown. The outer frame may need to be reworked so was just wondering about the pricing differences.

As far as Pattaya versus Bangkok. I would get it wherever you are staying. For instance you may want to sleep things off after the work is done or just go out and party I guess. :GoldenSmile1:

Have you had a root canal done before? Are you referring to couple days, meaning taking scans then getting the actual toothwork on a different day, multiple root canals? Mine I think took 2 hours w/ scans.

Thanks for the above two reply's. A root canal with crown in the USA is around 1500-2000. I don't have insurance for dental work in US just the quote I got from a dentist. I decided to go ahead and get the work done in Pattaya. It's best to have the doctor at the hosp. do the work. Good reviews about her work and she is nice to look at while doing the root canal. I booked 7 days at the Bella Villa Prima to relax, ride my bike and take in the local flavor. Thanks again for your words of wisdom.

"The cost of the post and core is THB 5,000 or US$ 143 per tooth. The cost of the crown with the porcelain veneered high nobel material is THB 15,000 (approximately US$ 429) per tooth."

These are the numbers that I have from a Bangkok dentist.

If you are going to Pattaya you might be interested in seeing Dr Aree at Pattaya International Hospital.