Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya Climate

Scumbag

there decembers looking a bit better than englands isnt it. 4 and half month to go, cant wait.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the weather from 1/9/2009 until 11/09/2009 was pretty good.......in day time sunny{with a little clouds} and in night/time cloudy and a little rain

I am planning on going out in November next year. Will the humidity levels be quite low then?

• 1 year later...

Love the weather in March even though it's very hot and humid. Visited in June which was great however we had a few thunderstorms and plenty of rain. November was not as hot with occasional rain.

• 11 months later...

So it's possible to get a suntan all year round then, as long as you dodge the showers?

So it's possible to get a suntan all year round then, as long as you dodge the showers?

Depending on the time of year, it can frequently be quite overcast no matter whether it's actually raining or not. UV rays aren't blocked by clouds though, so you can get burnt red-raw at any time of the year as the weather is always warm, which leads you into not dressing protectively against the sun.

Yep. you can tan any time of year. Remember to take it slowly with the tanning though, your fun can be seriously inhibited if you get so burnt that it's painful just to move.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Yeah, thanks Perthie, been sunburnt before, didn't like it, don't plan on doing it again.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

thx to the OP, was looking for just this to plan my next trip.

Bring on the July rain

• 1 month later...

Fu*k - 90% humidity in August. I sweat like a pig on a good day!

• 5 months later...

I was just there jun - jul and dang it's freaking hot!

Since you like the heat you should try April next year... :GoldenSmile1:

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

This statistic is from 1990

rADqW.png

while this here seems a lot fresher

post-6-1179596655.jpg

because it shows the shortening of the rainy season, and the average temperature has risen a little. The trend has gotten worse for the last couple of years, October now only half the amount of rain, and November bone dry. Despite September's downpours, in this year fell substantially less than 1,000 mm of rain, very little for a tropical place.

The NE monsoon is forecast to start next week. That's it gentlemen, for the remainder of 2012. Enjoy the sun all day long

• 1 month later...

Someone asked about the weather in Pattaya at a certain time of the year. I thought I would put the answer here so that it can be found easier.

I stole this from somewhere:

Pattaya enjoys a tropical wet and dry climate, which is divided into the following seasons: warm and dry (November to February), hot and humid (March to May), and hot and rainy (June to October). The most comfortable time of year coincides with the peak tourist season, which is over the Christmas and New Year period.

....and this from somewhere else.

Three distinct seasons in Pattaya

post_6_1175453836.jpg

Warm, Dry Season : (November to February)

- Short sharp showers (known as Mango rains). Humidity around 50% Temperature from 20-30 C. The best time to enjoy the nice weather. Recommend your prospective visitors to come in this season.

Hot, Dry Season : (February to May)

- Occasional rain. Humidity around 75%. Temperature from 30-40 C. Watch the spectacular thunder storms from a safe place, not the golf course!

Warm, Wet (Monsoon) Season : (June to October)

- Heavy prolonged rain. Humidity approximately 90%. Temperature from 25-35 C. The monsoon season need not keep you in, an umbrella is more useful than rainwear.

that chart says December is the month with the least rainfall. God i hope so. it has rained HARD the last two weeks of November and we deserve a break.

watch the sun gentleman. had a case of skin cancer this year. 2 surgerys later, i am alright. wide brimmed hat and long sleeves now. watch yourself!

that chart says December is the month with the least rainfall. God i hope so. it has rained HARD the last two weeks of November and we deserve a break.

Yes, usually the rain has stopped already!!!!

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

• 1 month later...

I was a bit confused when I saw the temperature charts because they seem to work out averages by adding the high temperatures and low temperatures together and dividing by two. Saying that the average temperature in April is only 30 degrees is crazy because the temperature will get well over 30 degrees most days.

These charts are a better representation.....

pattemp.png

patrain.png

What the charts don’t tell you is the humidity which is usually over 90% during the day and only drops to 65% in the night.

The average daily high (blue) and low (brown) relative humidity with percentile bands (inner bands from 25th to 75th percentile, outer bands from 10th to 90th percentile).

relative_humidity_percent_pct.png

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

What the charts don’t tell you is the humidity which is usually over 90% during the day and only drops to 65% in the night.

Where is the last chart from? Humidity increases at night as as a result of the temperature dropping. I suspect you have the day and night lines confused??

I admit that my skills as a weatherman are limited and the chart is only recording high and low and not day and night. I need more research to find data regarding the time of day vs humidity.

Meanwhile the information is from here:

http://weatherspark....attaya-Thailand

You might note the comment regarding snow

Snow

Either snow is exceptionally unlikely to fall at any time during the year at this location or this station does not reliably report precipitation types.

We can agree on something. :GoldenSmile1:

Found some information:

The humidity rises at night because it is generally cooler at night than in the daytime. Relative humidity is described as a percentage of the maximum amount of water that air can hold for any given temperature. Because cool air cannot hold as much water as warm air, the relative humidity goes up as the temperature goes down. This is why it is called RELATIVE.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Found some information:

The humidity rises at night because it is generally cooler at night than in the daytime. Relative humidity is described as a percentage of the maximum amount of water that air can hold for any given temperature. Because cool air cannot hold as much water as warm air, the relative humidity goes up as the temperature goes down. This is why it is called RELATIVE.

That is exactly what I was saying about humidity, which as it states is correctly relative humidity. If you want to know current conditions in Pattaya check out Pattaya Weather. It is updated every 15 minutes.

i'll be in pattaya in 2 weeks ,and the weather every day seem to be wonderful,hope it keep up til i get there!

• 9 months later...

I still prefer my simple little graph to explain Pattaya weather from the Thai Meteorological Department which is based on  thirty year averages.

Avg temp precipPattaya.png

It's from this website but they seem to be having some technical problems at the moment.

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=61

If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind. John Stuart Mill
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/john_stuart_mill

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person

than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."  John Stuart Mill

I still prefer my simple little graph to explain Pattaya weather from the Thai Meteorological Department which is based on  thirty year averages.

attachicon.gifAvg temp precipPattaya.png

It's from this website but they seem to be having some technical problems at the moment.

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=61

Here is the data for the current year. Temperature is in degrees Celsius and rain in mm.

Recorded_temperature_2013.JPG

Recorded_rain_2013.jpg

Archived