Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Peak Season Availability

kompressaur

Hello i am travelling to Pattaya for 3 months on the 11th Nov. Im finding it real hard to get accomodation over christmas period. I am only going to pattaya for my 2nd visit so i dont have the experience. Will it be hard as hell to find a room over this period? will there be available, affordable (1000 baht per night) hotels available over the christmas period/ If not can anyone suggest another area of thailand for me to spend christmas and new year (tranquil possibly by the sea) where the peak season wont kick in so hard.

thanks

You could email [email protected] nice bloke with a guest house on soi 3 near 2nd road...wifi..clean rooms room safe...stayed there for 6 weeks and liked the location and the rooms and price......because his place is not listed with any on-line sites he may still have openings through x-mass...not for long though.....Good Luck

There are many places without an on-line presence so finding a place always seems possible but it does help to start with a reservation.....monthly rates will save you some money on hotels.....

there seems to be a few places still avail, shouldnt have a problem, like guykrup said Simon actually has availability, and so does Siam guest house on soi 12 second road, and they around 550 baht a night around that period.

468x60_3.jpg

thanks for the replies chaps. thats great to know. As i say i have no previous knowledge of it all and i seem to be running into a brick wall every time i get to christmas. Ive got a horrible feeling that i will be walking about homeless on christmas eve with bags full of dirty fake jeans and t-shirts waiting for room at an inn.

Im glad to hear what you say P Man. that cheap too? hoh hoh hoh sounds like there is hope for me yet. thanks very much for the recommendation and the advice guykrup. I will go and have a look at a map and give Simon an email. thing is i think what made me enjoy pattaya so much on my first trip back in october was staying in a hotel. I hadnt been on holiday for 18 years and never out of europe. I enjoyed getting my bed made every day and the room being all tidy again. I think i have to try and get a hotel. I think i would rather pay a little more and try to keep that 'on holiday' feeling. I am a little unsure about guesthouses. Are they just like small hotels?

You are here soon. If you look around you should have no problems finding a place.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

These guest houses are made up and cleaned everyday fresh sheets and towels same as any hotel....main difference is no front desk and less rooms.....Simon lives on the first floor and was extremely helpful even laundry could be done there if your wanted....I think you will find these places are hotels without room service or a front desk....in Pattaya I prefer these places as they mix an apartment with the hotel experience.....

my friend, guesthouses are often much much better than hotels. Dont pay more, there is no need for that. As already mentioned get a good monthly rate.

Paattaya seems to have so much rental rooms that you will not become homeless in there ( maybe you stay there too long and spend all your money get fired from your job or what ever and be homeless when ou go back to your country :001_Thank_You5::CatDance1: , although that would be a nice adventure lol the wether is good and it wont rain much so have fun and try a good guesthouse you just might never go to a hotel again ( unless you want o pay for a goooooD hotel and pay for your vistitors and go to marriot or whichever several thousends of bahts costing hotels. Otherwise you are better of in a guesthouse

Thanks for all your replies and answers chaps. thats me on my way the now. Ive provisionally got a serviced apartment at Selina's Place

http://www.selinaplace.com/location.html

11,500 pm plus the leccy etc I have to give it up though after 4 weeks. I think i will just go travelling through cambodia, vietnam and laos over the christmas period as i dont think i can afford 3 months of mongering. It should break it up. I'll probably take Selinas Place as i havent read anything bad about it. How much is simon's place guykrup?

Thanks for the thougths aras. If i dont pick up my poker game im gonna end up being the ugliest ladyboy that ever tried to make a buck in Pattaya.

The monthly rate for the larger room was about 15K (all inclusive) the smaller rooms (not so small) were cheaper.... don't know the place you got, but that area is not for me it has become more of a middle eastern hood..sorry if I offend but I prefer the LK Metro,soi Bhukhao, soi 13 to soi 2....good cheap shopping for food and clothes, though....Tuccom center has a good coffee shop, amongst other things...short walk to walking...(don't go there much myself).....anyway you have a place.....you can take the baht bus on 2nd down to soi 3 across from the Big C shopping Center walk about 50 meters down soi 3 turn left walk another 70 meters to the end and the Simon's Guest house is there Siam Guest house...since you are there why not get a soapy at Sabai Dee on the corner of 3 then walk along 2nd road check out the Atlantic and the U-Too both bars on your right heading toward soi 4....enjoy yourself...I will be back in Pattaya in mid December for 3 months myself.....Cheers.

Edited by guykrup

You could email [email protected] nice bloke with a guest house on soi 3 near 2nd road...wifi..clean rooms room safe...stayed there for 6 weeks and liked the location and the rooms and price......because his place is not listed with any on-line sites he may still have openings through x-mass...not for long though.....Good Luck

Is that big Simon from Leeds ? my mate stayed there a few weeks ago, very nice place for the money.

I agree with the member who said if you are there soon you will have time to find a place to stay for the Christmas & new year busy period.

This year I am sure it will not be as busy as some years gone by.

It is not as busy as in the past maybe but all the best rooms get booked up so you may have to drudge round looking and end up in an area not of your choice and in a less than nice room.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg