Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Photo Resizing

dimples

Alot of huge pictures being uploaded, heres some advice on resizing

Windows XP

If you are using windows XP,

Highlight all the pictures in a folder you want to resize

Right click on one of the highlighted files

From the menu choose "Sent To" -> "Mail Recipient"

You then get the option to resize "Make my pictures smaller" click ok

Your pictures are then resized and placed into an email message

Save the resized images from the email message back to your computer (different folder to the originals if you want to keep the higher quality ones aswell)

Software

Batch change a group of pictures you can try this program Visualizer Photo Resize

Alot of huge pictures being uploaded, heres some advice on resizing

Windows XP

If you are using windows XP,

Highlight all the pictures in a folder you want to resize

Right click on one of the highlighted files

From the menu choose "Sent To" -> "Mail Recipient"

You then get the option to resize "Make my pictures smaller" click ok

Your pictures are then resized and placed into an email message

Save the resized images from the email message back to your computer (different folder to the originals if you want to keep the higher quality ones aswell)

Software

Batch change a group of pictures you can try this program Visualizer Photo Resize

I have tried that method but I have found another method of resizing as well

Right Click on Photo

Slecet "OPEN WITH"

Slect "PAINT"

Click "IMAGE"

CLICK STRECH/SKEW or CTL+ W

You lower the image percentage in both boxes

It depend on how big the image in I usually resize using 40%

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Winston Churchill

if sending for posting on message boards such as this one, i use either MONGERS MEDIA or IMAGE SHACK both are very good

Edited by bigbum

any holes a goal

• 1 year later...

The other option is to use Picasa which is free by google. It's a small program that does wonders and provides ability to perform simple tasks such as crop, color, brightness, contrast adjustment. It then allows you to resize or upload to google gallery etc. You can also make a slideshow CD to backup your pictures.

Picasa is good and has some features you couldn't get on stuff I have paid for in the past but I still find Photo Gadget Resize the easiest and most straight forward - right click on a picture and chose the size - hey I can do that!!!

CIMG0764_360x480.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
if sending for posting on message boards such as this one, i use either MONGERS MEDIA or IMAGE SHACK both are very good

HI bigbum,is there any advantage using mongers media and image shack over the tools XP or Vista provide?

Thanks.

FastStone has some of the best tools for resizing and manipulating images, without getting into the professional tools. Most are free, the best two are below. I design websites and capture images all the time and use these alongside Photoshop. The screen capture tool is brilliant.

FastStone Photo Resizer 2.7

FastStone Capture 6.3

http://www.faststone.org/

Edited by Archer4

• 2 months later...

why not use irfanview? it has one of the best implementations of the jpg standard and you can bulk manipulate. It is, of course, free

Just google irfanview

While you are there, check out the plug-ins