Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya Bay Resort

Derbytony

I have just returned from Patts, and had 17 nights at the Pattaya Bay Resort.

Pattaya Bay Resort

I booked a standard room (with balcony) by e mail about two months before I was due to go. They were quick, correct and efficient in replying to my requests.

My GIK met me at the airport at 8.30am and we caught the 10.00am bus to Patts. On arrival at the hotel at about 12.30pm, I didn't think my room would be ready, but in fact it was. We were given a free drink of cold water as a welcome, completed the paperwork and were given the keys.

The room was very clean and everything worked efficiently. We had the usual fridge, flat screen TV, remote control air con (the remote control was very useful) etc.

There was a walk in shower which we prefer. Plenty of hot water as well.

This hotel also gives you two free bottles of mineral water every day.

On the roof by the restaurant is a very clean swimming pool.

There is also a security door to get to the lift and rooms. Probably not that necessary, but still a good idea.

Cost was 999THB per night, but we got one night free for every seven nights booked, so the cost worked out at 881THB per night. Within that cost there is a free breakfast (good choices) providing you can get up to the restaurant before 11.00am. In fact, the food is very tasty and well presented.

All in all, I will definitely stay there again. The staff are very friendly and efficient.

Although I didn't use it, there is free wifi in all the rooms. Downstairs in the lobby there are two desktop computers with free internet. These I did use everyday.

I had heard about the thin walls onto the passageways. I suspect this is correct, but no one made any loud noises so we didn't have any problems from that.

The hotel is located behind the Avenue complex on 2nd rd. If you need to go to Soi Bukhow or 2nd rd, they provide a free tuk tuk, but it is only a quick walk to 2nd rd.

A few pics of my room:

Pattsoct09 029 (600 x 399).jpg

Pattsoct09 030 (600 x 399).jpg

Pattsoct09 031 (600 x 399).jpg

Pattsoct09 032 (600 x 399).jpg

One of the pool: (Yes, that is my teelak's head)

Pattsoct09 050 (600 x 399).jpg

Cheers

Tony

Great review fella... thanks for taking the time.

It was awesome spending time with you on your trip... hope to do it again soon mate.

Nice one mate. It's good to here it's still a good place. I stayed there last time and I will do again.

The reasons I like it are:

Quiet area

Good clean rooms with balcony

Good staff

Free Wifi

Nice Pool area

I cant find anywhere to match it, and it's not worth taking a gamble on another hotel.

Can't go wrong for 999bt.

yeah I stayed their and enjoyed it also. It was my first trip, only thing to fault with it is that there is no bar so its hard to parlez with other mongers. Interesting to look over at the neighboring shanty town as well - used to like o sit out on the balcony and observe - on the other side it is really nice to - a whole lot of vegetation. Staff were friendly!

This version of me will not stay the same, tomorrow I will be different.

Thanks for the recent review. I've stayed here a few times too and never had a bad experience and it is nice to hear that they still appear to be doing a good job for their customers. I would stay there more often but my trips are almost always on short notice and they are usually booked up for the dates I need. I definitely plan on staying there again sometime.

And in the beginning, MAN created god.

I stayed at PBR two weeks in May/June. I love the place and would stay again on my next trip, but I believe I have found a better deal for the price in high season. The buy six get the seventh free offer has ended and they now tack on a 7% Govt tax on top of the quoted rate of 1399, which brings the total day rate to just shy of 1500 baht.

Still a great place and I give it high marks!

I plan on staying there again, come low season.

That's a nice room 881 bht, in fact very nice.

And you use the same shampoo as I do.

I used to use "Wash and Go", but I washed it and it went :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers

Tony

I stayed at PBR two weeks in May/June. I love the place and would stay again on my next trip, but I believe I have found a better deal for the price in high season. The buy six get the seventh free offer has ended and they now tack on a 7% Govt tax on top of the quoted rate of 1399, which brings the total day rate to just shy of 1500 baht.

Still a great place and I give it high marks!

I plan on staying there again, come low season.

just curious where you have found that is better value in high season? I am a PBR patron as well (last 6 trips spent there) and would love to know where the better value is IN season...i dont think anyone can touch their 999 baht deal off-season, but i wish i knew a place IN season as i dont really want to spend 1500 this February...hope you get a chance to post a reply

cheers, alex

they now tack on a 7% Govt tax on top of the quoted rate of 1399, which brings the total day rate to just shy of 1500 baht.

Sounds awfully expensive for a basic hotel.

i stay 3 times in this hotel and it was great, but i had a problem the third time before 2weeks. they make a new elevator and my room was very close and in the daytime i heard so much noise. i stayed the first 4days in Secrets and i like it because it was so close to Walking Street. too bad they didnt have room for the next days so i remove to pbr.

for low season i think its the best value and if you dont eat breakfast you can pay 100baht less. so 899/day. :)

DSC_0071.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have an expat friend that lives in Pattaya and on my first trip in 07, I went to dinner with him and a group of expats he was friends with. One of the people at that dinner was the owner of PBR which was very new at that point. At his invitation, I went by to check it out. It is a beautiful facility and I probably would have looked at staying there on my upcoming trip but I had such a good time at The Vault last time, I decided to go back this time.

BTW... is this 7% tax thing on all hotels now?

I enjoyed my stay at PBR back in September. The breakfast was excellent. They had Thai and western items on the menu that were cooked fresh whle you drank your morning cup of joe... They even asked me "where is your lady friend today??? I told them that "she is tired and is sleeping in today... They proceeded to make her a Thai breakfast and then delivered it room service style while I ate in the dining room without me knowing it. Now that's what I call service...

i remember staying at the pbr 3 years ago when is it opened, got the introductory rate as well, stayed in a delux room.

still the best hotel for my money, but this tax worries me and i may get an apartment, sad really

looks very nice but it must be some walk from second road ?????

Love the PBR - great value. Have stayed 3 times, and i prefer the action in the location its in.

I stayed there last November.

The hotel location is not bad since very close to the Avenues but the surrounding area is less than inspiring and was a bit noisy too because of construction. But where it is not noisy in Patty?

The rooms are ok and clean and the breakfast is good too. It's nice that the breakfast voucher also includes your friend. The staff is very nice, especially the staff in the restaurant. But the atmosphere in the restaurant is not good. Always empty which is no surprise - food is ok but way too pricey.

What also pissed me off is that the tax is added on the airport taxi (1300 + 7%) as well. To top this I was picked up one hour late and on the way to the airport they sent me an old beat-up taxi. I had not chance to complain at 3am. That was not really nice.

Bottom line: for THB 999 it's a decent place to stay but for THB 1399 plus 7% tax you get better deals somewhere else and next time I will stay somewhere else if they don't have a special.

So long!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Stopped here for two weeks in October. I got the 999 Baht deal plus 14 days for the price of 12. Never made it to the breakfast or pool for that matter in the whole time I stopped there.

The rooms are okay if a little bland and the only thing that annoyed me was the bloody cleaning ladies constant chatter in the hallways that filters into the room. They were also fitting a new lift which I was not informed about until I had checked and had specifically asked if there was any construction in or near to the hotel.wasn't a killer noise wise but got annoying after a while...

At the old price point I was happy, looking at it for my next trip and the price has shot up and for the money they are now asking there are way better options IMOA...

mattius (aka mkindy while at work)