IGNORED

Any of you weight lifters out there know are these steroid facts true ? Small testicals and so on !

AlantheBuilder

IS THIS TRUE = Steroid Abuse? What Are the Effects? Can Steroid Abuse Be Fatal? Are Anabolic Steroids Addictive? What Can Be Done to Prevent Steroid Abuse? What Is the Bottom Line? Resource Materials NIDA Scientist Video Anabolic Steriods Information Facts on Drugs: Anabolic Steroids Ask Dr. NIDA: Anabolic Steroids Real Stories: Anabolic Steroids Parents & Teachers: Anabolic Steroids Mind Over Matter: Anabolic Steroids Additional Resources

What Are They?

Ever wondered how those bulky weight lifters got so big? While some may have gotten their muscles through a strict regimen of weightlifting and diet, others may have gotten that way through the illegal use of anabolic-androgenic steroids. "Anabolic" refers to a steroid's ability to help build muscle and "androgenic" refers to their role in promoting the development of male sexual characteristics. Other types of steroids, like cortisol, estrogen, and progesterone, do not build muscle, are not anabolic, and therefore do not have the same harmful effects.

Anabolic-androgenic steroids are usually synthetic substances similar to the male sex hormone testosterone. They do have legitimate medical uses. Sometimes doctors prescribe them to help people with certain kinds of anemia and men who don't produce enough testosterone on their own. But doctors never prescribe anabolic steroids to young, healthy people to help them build muscles. Without a prescription from a doctor, anabolic steroids are illegal.

There are many different anabolic-androgenic steroids. Here's a list of some of the most common ones taken today: Andro, oxandrin, dianabol, winstrol, deca-durabolin, and equipoise.

What Are the Common Street Names?

Slang words for steroids are hard to find. Most people just say steroids. On the street, steroids may be called "roids" or "juice." The scientific name for this class of drugs is anabolic-androgenic steroids. But even scientists shorten it to anabolic steroids.

How Are They Used?

Some steroid users pop pills. Others use hypodermic needles to inject steroids directly into muscles. When users take drugs without regard for their legality or their adverse health effects they are called "abusers." Steroid abusers have been known to take doses 10 to 100 times higher than the amount prescribed by a doctor for medical reasons.

What Is the Scope of Steroid Abuse?

Most teens are smart and stay away from steroids. As part of a 2008 NIDA-funded study, teens were asked if they ever tried steroids—even once. Only 1.4% of 8th and 10th graders ever tried steroids and 2.2% of 12th graders. However, among those who do abuse them steroid abuse is higher among males than females but is growing most rapidly among young women. Abuse is also well known to occur in a number of professional sports, including fields such as bodybuilding and baseball.

What Are the Effects?

A major health consequence from abusing anabolic steroids can include prematurely stunted growth through early skeletal maturation and accelerated puberty changes. This means that teens risk remaining short for the remainder of their lives if they take anabolic steroids before they stop growing. Other effects include jaundice (yellowish coloring of skin, tissues, and body fluids), fluid retention, high blood pressure, increases in LDL (bad cholesterol), decreases in HDL (good cholesterol), severe acne, trembling, and in very rare cases liver and kidney tumors. In addition, there are some gender-specific side effects:

for guys—shrinking of the testicles, reduced sperm count, infertility, baldness, development of breasts, increased risk for prostate cancer.

for girls—growth of facial hair, male-pattern baldness, changes in or cessation of the menstrual cycle, enlargement of the clitoris, and a permanently deepened voice.

Steroid abuse can also have an effect on behavior. Many users report feeling good about themselves while on anabolic steroids, but researchers report that extreme mood swings also can occur, including manic-like symptoms leading to violence. This is because anabolic steroids act in a part of the brain called the limbic system, which influences mood and is also involved in learning and memory.

Steroids can also lead to other changes in mood, such as feelings of depression or irritability. Depression, which can be life-threatening, often is seen when the drugs are stopped and may contribute to the continued use of anabolic steroids. Researchers also report that users may suffer from paranoia, jealousy, extreme irritability, delusions, and impaired judgment stemming from feelings of invincibility.

[back to top]

Edited by AlantheBuilder

As with anything, moderation is the key.

There are far worse legal drugs available to the public, alcohol and nicotine.

I would rather see a guy taking steroids and working his ass off in the gym.

Than some fat ass sitting in a bar drinking is life away.

This part is reasonably accurate, but are RISKS not common with smart users at all...I know a few morons on the gear who have had some problems, but most have had zero negative long-term (10+ years) effects:

A major health consequence from abusing anabolic steroids can include prematurely stunted growth through early skeletal maturation and accelerated puberty changes. This means that teens risk remaining short for the remainder of their lives if they take anabolic steroids before they stop growing. Other effects include jaundice (yellowish coloring of skin, tissues, and body fluids), fluid retention, high blood pressure, increases in LDL (bad cholesterol), decreases in HDL (good cholesterol), severe acne, trembling, and in very rare cases liver and kidney tumors. In addition, there are some gender-specific side effects:

for guys—shrinking of the testicles, reduced sperm count, infertility, baldness, development of breasts, increased risk for prostate cancer.

for girls—growth of facial hair, male-pattern baldness, changes in or cessation of the menstrual cycle, enlargement of the clitoris, and a permanently deepened voice.

Steroid abuse can also have an effect on behavior. Many users report feeling good about themselves while on anabolic steroids, but researchers report that extreme mood swings also can occur, including manic-like symptoms leading to violence. This is because anabolic steroids act in a part of the brain called the limbic system, which influences mood and is also involved in learning and memory.

HIT THE GEAR!! HAVE NO FEAR!!!!

I love that line bro.. :001_Thank_You5:

Steroids if used in moderation and you have a blood test preferably before and after your cycle to check cholesterol levels, liver function, etc.. its actually very beneficial in most cases..

If you pop too many aspirin it will give you a heartaattack, likewise abusing steroids over a long period /high dosages can have TEMPORARY reduced(slightly) size of bollocks, higher aggression and raised cholesterol. This is why athletes will follow a strict diet and training regime to get the best benefits..the good side? - increased sexual desire/ability, increased muscle mass, decrease fat mass, increase aggression in powersports, repair any torn muscle, cure/help joint aches,etc..

Remember over 95% of all pro athletes are on the juice aswell as over 95% of olympic athletes..oh and about 99% of pro UFC/MMA fighters and 100% of all amateur and pro bodybuilders - it is physically IMPOSSIBLE to be built like those monsters without using ALOT of steroids, insulin, HGH, IGF-1 and many other chemicals.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

I love that line bro.. :EvilLaugh1:

Steroids if used in moderation and you have a blood test preferably before and after your cycle to check cholesterol levels, liver function, etc.. its actually very beneficial in most cases..

If you pop too many aspirin it will give you a heartaattack, likewise abusing steroids over a long period /high dosages can have TEMPORARY reduced(slightly) size of bollocks, higher aggression and raised cholesterol. This is why athletes will follow a strict diet and training regime to get the best benefits..the good side? - increased sexual desire/ability, increased muscle mass, decrease fat mass, increase aggression in powersports, repair any torn muscle, cure/help joint aches,etc..

Remember over 95% of all pro athletes are on the juice aswell as over 95% of olympic athletes..oh and about 99% of pro UFC/MMA fighters and 100% of all amateur and pro bodybuilders - it is physically IMPOSSIBLE to be built like those monsters without using ALOT of steroids, insulin, HGH, IGF-1 and many other chemicals.

I would concer that that is a factual picture. Elite level athletes today generally use all tools available to better themselves. Its real easy to see who trains natural (nobody) and who does not at something like the Schwartznegger Classic. Hell, the girls are usually bigger than me! :GoldenSmile1:

I heard that roids shrink your brain. But then again, if you need to take them you've got a brain the size of a peanut anyway.

walking around pattaya i see guys on the juice almost everyday, they stick out liek a sore thumb.

i am considering doing a cycle in LOS, not to get massive, but to get stronger and have a more athletic physique.

theres alot of info on the internet that suggest light-moderate use will produce no side effects whatsoever.

I heard that roids shrink your brain. But then again, if you need to take them you've got a brain the size of a peanut anyway.

Tool.

Moza 7 can you expand on your views?

only if he can find his brain :07:

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

How do so few "sportsmen" test positive in random drug testing if the usage rates are that high?

How do so few "sportsmen" test positive in random drug testing if the usage rates are that high?

basically its knowing what to take and when to start/stop it.. Also in bodybuilding,etc.. there is alot of shadowy shit going on - specific guys are guaranteed by the promoters/organisers/sponsors of an event that will ot be getting tested. If they want someone to get caught its easy - since every guy is on it..lol just test the ones you want to catch and make to look like a "cheat" (although if everyone's doing it then how is it cheating?).

Certain steroids - deca durabolin (nandrolone based products) have an active metabolite that stays in the blood for about a year and is easy to trace, so to be safe they either use nandrolone with a propionate ester - fast acting, goes into the body fast and leaves fast, more difficult to trace, or they avoid androlones alltogether. Other drugs, namely testosterone propionate also goes into the system fast and needs to be injected every 2 days but is very difficult to detect, it also makes the body produce more red blood cells thus more oxygen carrying capacity and is widely used even by endurance athletes like runners,fighters,etc.. other drugs like human growth hormone(synthetic), Insulin growth factors, thyroid hormone, etc all being next to impossible to test for so pro athletes load up on the stuff and have little to worry about when it comes to getting caught..

Tests are easy to beat and often the pro athlete or team has a dedicated sports-science doctor advising on what to do,etc..

This is commonly known among pro athletes and organisers,etc..

Edited by ROIDFREAK

As a further follow up, there are "tested" and "untested" competitions in weightlifting. Most powerlifting and bodybuilding events are untested. They may have a 'natural' class for people who are clean. The AAU or Olympic style weightlifting contests are the ones where the top 3 finishers are tested. But again, by knowing what test will be administered and working the numbers on your 'cycle' you can easily test clean.

Edited by cheang

thanks RF, its good to hear from someone with good knowledge on the subject.

i mentioned to my bro is was interested in doing a cousre. he tells me " your nuts will shrink, your brain will shrink, you will get back acne ect ect"

so i ask him where he gets his facts from. he cant give a decent answer so we settle on it he heard it from the media.

so i then ask if he can name 3 steroids, before he gets to talk i tell him " thats right you cant"

then he says " horse" ???? Im like WTF ???? 555555555

end of conversation.

Edited by nightlyf

thanks RF, its good to hear from someone with good knowledge on the subject.

i mentioned to my bro is was interested in doing a cousre. he tells me " your nuts will shrink, your brain will shrink, you will get back acne ect ect"

so i ask him where he gets his facts from. he cant give a decent answer so we settle on it he heard it from the media.

so i then ask if he can name 3 steroids, before he gets to talk i tell him " thats right you cant"

then he says " horse" ???? Im like WTF ???? 555555555

end of conversation.

Only thing true he said was about your nuts BUT only if you are on magea high doses and for a long period of time, even then they reduce in size very slightly and its only temporary. The horse steroids(also used for/by humans) are winstrol-v (stanozolol) and equipoise(boldenone), thing is these are actually very safe to use :001_Thank_You5:

Moza 7 can you expand on your views?

Just shit stirring.

Trying to see how much roid rage was in here. :001_Thank_You5:

Only thing true he said was about your nuts BUT only if you are on magea high doses and for a long period of time, even then they reduce in size very slightly and its only temporary. The horse steroids(also used for/by humans) are winstrol-v (stanozolol) and equipoise(boldenone), thing is these are actually very safe to use :D

What is a good starting guide ?

Say for someone ( total noobie) who rolls into a local Rx and realizes there are at least 50 choices of juice products on hand - is there some sort of online beginners guide on what to start with ?

Do a google search for BigCat steroid profiles plenty of good info.

Your nuts will stop producing test and shrink a little, check out Nolvadex do get them back to size when you finished cycle, and to help keep your hard earned gains.

What is a good starting guide ?

Say for someone ( total noobie) who rolls into a local Rx and realizes there are at least 50 choices of juice products on hand - is there some sort of online beginners guide on what to start with ?

Depends on several factors- your age/weight/body composition, any heart/liver/kidney issues?, have u used steroids before?

Do you have a set goal - want to bulk up or get leaner or build lean mass or just get stronger with least amount of added bodyweight/muscle? Do you compete in any sports? are they tested,etc..

I would always reccomend : a testosterone base(highly androgenic) with another highly anabolic compound stacked together so that the anabolic/androgenic ratio is always in favour of the androgens for best results and minimum possiblity of side effects.. examples would be sustanon 250(blend of 4 tests) and deca durabolin(nandrolone) or testoviron depot(test enanthate) and winstrol(stanozolol), test cypionate and boldenone, test propionate and dianabol.

many other factors to consider as diet is a very important aspect - without sufficient protein and a nutrient-dense diet, the results will not be satisfactory and most importantly - intense training to create a catabolic environment for the steroids to work..

Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can get some good quality juice from on my upcoming trip to Patts? There must be a decent alternative to Tim's Pharmacy?

Any help would be much appreciated, by PM if you like.

Cheers.

COYS.