IGNORED

Premiership footballer jailed

Tao 66

Marlon King of Wigan athletic has been jailed for 18 months for assaulting a girl who spurned his advances, and breaking her nose.

King has a history of violence against women and finally justice has been done against this toe-rag. It was also very refreshing to see that Wigan's chairman has torn up his contract, and kicked him out of the club. Personally I never want to see this thug back in football.

We all love football in England, and Premier league footballers have a duty to act as an example, especially to young supporters.

I was angered when the guilty verdict came, as someone in the public gallery accused the courts of racism, rambling on about the assault case in which Steven Gerrard was cleared. He should have been sent down 24 hours for contempt in my opinion. A thug is a thug no matter what country or culture you come from, or colour.

The Gerrard case was an entirely different set of circumstances, this was just plain thuggery and violence to a young woman excercising her right to say "No"

Marlon King was also convicted of sexual assault and ordered to sign the sex offenders register.

Finally it's nice to see some true justice in our court system and not a slap on the wrist.

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

Agree, classic example of a bully. (Plus arrogance)

Everyone is aware in a physical contest women always lose, women cannot punch and do not even have nimble footwork owing to high heels.

Hit a guy in the face, 99% of the time there will be an instictive swing back.

That never happens with a woman they become silent and shocked, sit down and cry.

Never, ever a fair contest.

Now Gerrad was as guilty as sin, if all his mates had not plead guilty, leaving him the only one pleading innocence, then the jury may have decided different??

No way were the jury racist, they brought in the only possible verdict?

So you want to live in Isaan?   Tale of a journey started 1973 with a stepfather, arrive 2004, "Wife in Issan" 2017.......    ..            An unplanned, unknown and unforeseen  journey spanning 51 years ending well  !!

I've .... seen things ..... you people would never believe...............

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Well said Tim

Maybe a Thai jail would have been better for him. I'm sure a few ladyboys in there would have sorted him!!!

i agree with him getting jail time,steven gerrard beat a man and got away with it,this is because he is one of footballs big names so he gets away with it. i remember when cisse played for liverpool he hit a 15 year old boy and also got away with that! i also remember diouff spitting on celtic fans when he played for liverpool i think he only got a fine but this is assault! liverpool f.c seem to attract the thugs!

i agree with him getting jail time,steven gerrard beat a man and got away with it,this is because he is one of footballs big names so he gets away with it. i remember when cisse played for liverpool he hit a 15 year old boy and also got away with that! i also remember diouff spitting on celtic fans when he played for liverpool i think he only got a fine but this is assault! liverpool f.c seem to attract the thugs!

coming from a man utd fan thats rich I remember a certian Eric Cantona got away with a jail sentence and the club refused to condem his actions after he kicked and then punched a supporter on live tv. I agree with the sentence of King and for the record gerrard was found not guilty.

All ive got in this world are my word and my balls and i dont break them for nobody

Money Number 1

coming from a man utd fan thats rich I remember a certian Eric Cantona got away with a jail sentence and the club refused to condem his actions after he kicked and then punched a supporter on live tv. I agree with the sentence of King and for the record gerrard was found not guilty.

I would agree that Gerrard was found innocent in a court of law and therefore that's the end of it as far as I am concerned. Plus the case was way way different to this. Gerrard doesn't have a criminal history as long as your arm, unlike Marlon King. If you look at the things he has been convicted of, and, see that he has already served time in the past, you wonder why it is clubs keep signing him. I bet someone does take him on after he's out...watch and see. There will be an initial shout of shame...shame, as there was when Lee Hughes came out after serving time for killing someone in a car, then people will forget about it.

I will bet that he will ply his trade at Championship or League 1 level. The FA should have the power to impose a life ban on players who bring the game into serious disrepute. it should be a seperate charge.

I would like to think that every chairman in the Premiership would have taken the same action in this case.

Edited by Tim42

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?