IGNORED

Rose Hotel

precision

I stayed here in 1989 and Mar. 2006

Rose Hotel Bangkok Cheap Prices

It is about 500 feet from Pat Pong.

They have upgraded the hotel, but it is still a lower class hotel. I paid 1500 baht a night. Breakfast was included, but it wasn 't enough and I had to order more.

The pictures on-line make it look a lot better than it is. www.rosehotelbkk.com

Room included double bed, bathtub with shower, TV and and mini refrigerator. They had snacks, booze and a full ref., all at very high prices. They had an in room safe, but no one could get it to work. I used the the safe boxes behind the front desk.

My view from my room on the front side was a narrow street, a lot of power lines and a fence. I stayed in the back side of the hotel in 1989 and my room had frosted windows so you could not see the slum area behind the hotel.

I loved Pat Pong in 1988 and 1989. This trip I couldn't get out of Bangkok soon enough. I stayed the three nights I had paid for and headed for Pattaya.

• 2 months later...

After looking at the photos on their website, I'd say they have really upgraded since the late eighties. I used to stay there then and the regular rooms were dark dingy cells. On one trip, I took their top rated room, on the sixth floor, for 1200 baht...a large sum back then. Kind of reminded me of a Hong Kong brothel from the 1950's (not that I was around back then, no of course not!)

The big advantage of the Rose was that it and the old Suriwong hotel were the only guest friendly places near Patpong; the Montien looked down its nose at bar girls back then....that's long since changed.

• 4 months later...

we stayed there this nov 1950 bht per night with brekie there is some building work going on at the big hotel on surarongese road so you were woken up at 8 am with drilling etc so best leave it for 6 months untill they have finished the building work, not a bad hotel a good location, cheers nadia