IGNORED

Nova Platinum report

Otho

You can't really expect hotels to keep their photos constantly updated, especially if they're part of a global chain, like this one. But what the photos on the website don't show you is the major building work, presumably another hotel, going up right next to the very pleasant swimming pool and terrace. It's noisy in the daytime (although only if you're outside, the glazing on the hotel room windows is good) and the lovely view of the densely wooded hill with the temple at the top and the Pattaya City sign is ruined by the bloody big yellow crane in front of it all.

It's nicely designed, chic and modern with interesting colours and textures. But they haven't used the finest materials or craftsmanship and the rooms are starting to look a little bit bashed up already - hooks coming off walls, light switchplates loose, etc.

The restaurant is hideously overpriced and, I'm not a complainer, but the service is just hopeless. I went in one night, ordered a bowl of pasta and a glass of wine. How hard could that be? The wine came after about 15 mins. After another 20 mins, another waitress came and asked if I'd ordered yet! After another 20 mins, a third waiter came and said very sorry, the chef would be starting mine soon! He went on to say there was only one chef who was overstretched, cooking for all the people in there: at no time were there ever more than four, including me. So I got the hump, paid the outrageous 250 baht cash for one glass of wine and walked. The third waiter then chased me up the street and stopped me as I hadn't paid the additional 45 baht tax!

One plus is the location; it is very handy for Walking Street and the baht bus stops right outside.

It's not daylight robbery but at over 2k a night it's by no means cheap. And there are much, much, much better deals to be had in Pattaya.

Not all that glitters is gold, and it couldn't be truer than in the tourism industry.

<center>To know when to be generous and when firm — that is wisdom.

Most things break, including hearts. The lessons of life amount not to wisdom, but to scar tissue and callus.</center>

It's not daylight robbery but at over 2k a night it's by no means cheap. And there are much, much, much better deals to be had in Pattaya.

Thanks for the info. There were already some other negatives from other trip reports (noisy guests, small rooms, low water pressure, slow wifi, paper thing walls) but with your recent info I will definitely be taking this hotel off my short list.

The website photos still look nice though.....

Trip Reports: May/June 2022 - 27 Leche Loads Jakarta/BKK/Pattaya

Popped my Cherry 2010 - Philippines - Part 1 & Thailand - Part 2  - Quick Trip Report BKK/Pattaya 2017

You can't really expect hotels to keep their photos constantly updated, especially if they're part of a global chain, like this one. But what the photos on the website don't show you is the major building work, presumably another hotel, going up right next to the very pleasant swimming pool and terrace. It's noisy in the daytime (although only if you're outside, the glazing on the hotel room windows is good) and the lovely view of the densely wooded hill with the temple at the top and the Pattaya City sign is ruined by the bloody big yellow crane in front of it all.

It's nicely designed, chic and modern with interesting colours and textures. But they haven't used the finest materials or craftsmanship and the rooms are starting to look a little bit bashed up already - hooks coming off walls, light switchplates loose, etc.

The restaurant is hideously overpriced and, I'm not a complainer, but the service is just hopeless. I went in one night, ordered a bowl of pasta and a glass of wine. How hard could that be? The wine came after about 15 mins. After another 20 mins, another waitress came and asked if I'd ordered yet! After another 20 mins, a third waiter came and said very sorry, the chef would be starting mine soon! He went on to say there was only one chef who was overstretched, cooking for all the people in there: at no time were there ever more than four, including me. So I got the hump, paid the outrageous 250 baht cash for one glass of wine and walked. The third waiter then chased me up the street and stopped me as I hadn't paid the additional 45 baht tax!

One plus is the location; it is very handy for Walking Street and the baht bus stops right outside.

Same, I only stayed for 1 day on my last trip, and I wouldnt recommend either.

Room was run down, and the water pressure in shower. Well there wasnt any. My piss had more pressure.

I stayed at hotel Vista before hand and there was no comparision

By the sounds of it the only decent thing about this hotel is the swimming pool.. that's if u don't mind the view and the noise from next door.

another perspective

i have not stayed there for about 4 months, but about 8 times over the past 18 months - and the construction work next door was very minor at the time - I have never paid more than 1600 Baht - booked through Amari Website first and with hotel directly after that.

Never used the restaurant - why would I - i am in middle of South Pattaya = never had problems or charges for taking girls - would stay there again

come again...

Stayed there in July 09 and already booked for Nov 09. First time there had no problems at all. Wifi was fast rooms decent location was good. Plus why eat at the hotel when there are a lot of other options around the area. Just my thoughts.