IGNORED

Calling from Uk mobiles to Thai mobiles

stickyfingers

Hi chaps,

Wonder if can help me as just cancelled my uk landline phone as was hardly using it apart from odd call to thailand mobiles etc..

Now got deal on Uk mobile with 300 mins p/mth and unlimited txts so is there a way i can utilise these to call to thailand???

as usually sms to thailand costs 25 p and u get charged extra if using the cheaper inet numbers from using mobile.

Any one got any ideas/advice as most welcome,

Cheers

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

ok thanks china so u hav to buy this extra sim card from where?

I was hoping to utilise existing minutes/sms deal u see.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

You need to look at the terms and conditions of your contract to see what it says about overseas calls. If in doubt, contact their help desk and ask.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

Same as previous post Lebara is the cheapest from UK to Thailand. However if you go elsewhere in europe it is expensive. I purchased a cheap phone £25.00 with a lebara Sim card and just use that phone for thailand.

I would recommend you get an account with Rebtel.com

You tell them your UK number and then tell them the number you want to dial. They will text you back a local UK number to use when dialing them. Its a VOIP service and the call quality is 100% good. The charge Rebtel charge to your Rebtel account is 0.6 Pence (less than a penny) per minute. Your UK network just think your are making a local call, so deduct it from your free minutes.

You can send SMS from your Rebtel as well and will charge just a couple of pence for it. The only thing is that you send the text from your computer. The persons mobile abroad sees your number come up in the SMS (and telephone call).

I've been using it for years to call all my mates abroad.

Its ace.

Calling from the UK, I use a phonecard from a company named First National. For a fiver you can get a 'pure minutes' card which gives you a genuine 500 minutes to Thailand (including Thai mobiles) for no extra cost except it uses your minutes of your UK package. I pick these up from local Thai shop but dare say they're widely available.

The up-side - you can use your existing handset

The down-side - you have to punch in a pin number and then the number you want to call everytime ...plus you can't use the expense excuse when you're bored with the call!

Could be up-side or down-side - They don't see your mobile number on the receiving handset :BJ3:

Life's too short!

when using the LEBARA sim do you just use the normal dialing code ie 0066 then number less the 0

thacaptain

Rebtel every time.

It costs .5p per minute to a thai mobile.

They give you a local number in the UK to call so you can use any inclusive minutes you have on a landline or mobile

Hi Chaps,

Thanks v much for the replies/ info posted here.

Have signed up with rebtel.com and about to use it today.

Had to open up and pay $10 plus vat = $11.50 to start off with so wil see how it goes but looks like is best deal with UK mobiles contracts here to call/sms thailand.

Cheers 4 now,

when using the LEBARA sim do you just use the normal dialing code ie 0066 then number less the 0

thacaptain

Y

• 4 months later...

I would recommend you get an account with Rebtel.com

You tell them your UK number and then tell them the number you want to dial. They will text you back a local UK number to use when dialing them. Its a VOIP service and the call quality is 100% good. The charge Rebtel charge to your Rebtel account is 0.6 Pence (less than a penny) per minute. Your UK network just think your are making a local call, so deduct it from your free minutes.

You can send SMS from your Rebtel as well and will charge just a couple of pence for it. The only thing is that you send the text from your computer. The persons mobile abroad sees your number come up in the SMS (and telephone call).

I've been using it for years to call all my mates abroad.

Its ace.

HHi,

I see from the Rebtel site that when the other person answers you have to get them to call you back on the number they received the call on while you stay on the line. Does the other person incur a cost when dialling back the number you called from? Seems a good price to Thailand from UK though as well as only using your free minutes...I seem to have hundreds of them!

Cheers,

FlipperSoi8