Sign in to follow this  
wackyjacky

Yangon

wackyjacky

Yangon could be nice if they could get rid of the fucking junta. It should be a rich country with all it's resources. Lotsa fine old colonial buildings, parks, lakes, and Shwegadon - Disneyworld if you like temples. Airport looks like a Soviet one from the 60s for a city of 100K, not 12,000,000. Great street life since nobody has any $$, anywhere to go, or anything to do. There's a bit of a dilemma in visiting Myanmar, you don't want to give the Generals any $$, but some will trickle down to the hopelessly poor. Here's a few pics:STA70186.JPGSTA70194.JPGSTA70196.JPGSTA70203.JPGSTA70223.JPGSTA70226.JPGSTA70237.JPGSTA70233.JPGSTA70209.JPG

chinaski

splendid.

Picturethis

Great pics.

Thanks.

wackyjacky

some great pics there wacky any pics of the women

NOPE ! Mongering is available, but way in the background. I definitely wouldn't go there for that. Banged a real cute Indian chick night 1, a Burmese right off the turnip truck night 2, then I fell in love with a tall ethnically Chinese concierge at the hotel (Traders). She took me all over Burma and I finally did get in her pants after about 3 days. My old computer blew up and I lost all those pics. I've got the 5 x 8s, but that won't do you any good. The Burmese like to wear this greenish mud on their cheeks. They think that makes them irresistible. Doesn't do shit for me. wj

Edited by wackyjacky

shin

Those temples look incredible. Too bad for the people though. Wish life could be more fair sometimes.

thumper63

Thank for the post. Great pictures. This is one of those places that I've always wonted to visit, but have boycotted do to the government situation. I love the history of the area and the temples are the best.

Benny10

Thanks for the pics.

I agree, it’s a shame how poor these people are, and it seems that they have no way out.

Without the ruling Junta and with some support from world community, this country could be one of the most exotic and successful tourist destinations in SE-Asia.

I met lots of Burmese while I lived on Phuket, and on several trips to Myanmar.

Most of them are dead honest people, very friendly and extremely patient.

After the tsunami in 2004 I saw plenty of them helping tourists and Thais total unselfishly, even when thousands of them were killed in Kao Lak and who knows how many in Myanmar.