Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

gout ouch

togaduke

every now and then my big toe hurts like hell,mostly at night..now thats not bothering me so much the pain now is in my ancles its hard as hell to walk more then a few blocks.. it comes and goes sometimes worse then others anybody know anything to help..I need to get more exorsise... but oh the pain..oh and a drink or two helps but I try not to drink in the day.. :BeamMeUp: but you should have seen me hobiling around this afternoon like I hade two broke ankles...

I feel your pain: Been there done that. Head for your doctor and get him to put you on INDOCID. Stay off the sauce for a couple of days and soak your feet in ice water that will ease the pain. If you really want to get shit scared look it up and see what it looks like inside your joints then you will know why it hurts like hell. You have my sympathy. T

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

I feel your pain: Been there done that. Head for your doctor and get him to put you on INDOCID. Stay off the sauce for a couple of days and soak your feet in ice water that will ease the pain. If you really want to get shit scared look it up and see what it looks like inside your joints then you will know why it hurts like hell. You have my sympathy. T

thanks I am overdue for a visit with a doc..got to sell a house or two, im going to start back on my lemon water, and someone told me cherrys help, I been craveing them all week, the body works in strange ways, there out of season here went to 6 groceys stores to try and find some, the 1 that had them wanted 6.99 a pound for them, and I could not see me paying that.. Im going to try a few more stores tommarow..funnie thing I was in tears this afternoon, came home hade a few glasses of wine, and I am walking fine now.. I doint know what the hell this is, but this has been going on for a few weeks...

If it is gout. Wine is one of the worst things you can drink. Specially red wine. Not a good combo. If your big toes or ankles are red waxy and hot then it is gout my friend. Get the proper medication now and you will be able to control it. If not it will keep coming back. Disease of the rich. Red meat, red wine, rich foods all will do it. It is a build up of uric acid that crystalizes inside the joint. looks like a sea urchin in there. Take care of it NOW. Cheers T

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Gout is too much uric acid which crystalises in the joints, usually the big toe joint, but, other joints such as ankles, wrists and elbows are also affected the more you get it.

Indocid is good (8 baht a 75mg capsule in BKK), but, it must be taken with food or it will rot your gut. You only take it when the symptoms appear. It also interacts negatively with many other drugs (eg Warfarin) so make sure your doc knows what you are taking. Better to drink plenty of water. 2 litres a day plus another glass for every alcoholic drink or coffee you have. Also avoid tomatos.

I'm told that Potassium Sodium Tartate is good by a fellow sufferer, however, I've not tried it as I'm also on a Potassium tablet and too much is not good.

Allopuranol (spelling?) prevents it for most people, but, you must take the tablet every day. Didn't work for me though.

A few fresh cherries every day really worked for a friend of mine. And you have to take it easy with the grog and eating rich food.

I too suffered from gout. It tends to be hereditary - my grandfather, father and brother had it too. I've managed to keep it at bay by adjusting my diet. I cut way down on red meat, seafood and booze. For me, sea scallops are the worst thing I can eat. The main point is to take whatever medication your doctor has prescribed as soon as you feel the slighest twinge. Leave it a few days and you'll be in horrible pain. If I have a eating or drinking binge that is likely to set off an attack, I take the anti-gout medication as a prophylactic.

So far, I've only had one bad attack of gout, but that was so painful I never want to experience it again. The only thing which has hurt worse was a kidney stone attack. It's nothing you want to mess around with and try to self-medicate. See your doctor at once.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

• 1 year later...

If you have gout dude..you need to lay off seafood and drinking every night and the red meat stops as well...it all causes acid in your blood that makes, deposits in your joints....gout...it is a form of arthiritis.....

babydollsaddict.gif

Never had gout thank god but did have a kidney stone.......................fuck i passed out.............what a wimp hey...................lol.

I had an attack a few months ago in my right toe. Pain is right, I could barely walk for a week, and took about 2 weeks before the pain was completely gone. Should have gone to a doctor. I do eat red meat so I'll definitely have to cut down on it, maybe subsitute chicken for it since seafood seems bad for it too.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Its gout

go boots chemist and get tablets and get you lady to gently massage the foot to get rid of the crystals in the blood

check you diet and booz

If it is gout, the drug Colchicine, known as Colgout will clear it up fast. It is a plant based drug and very effective, but can have dramatic side effects, such as the atomic shits if you are unlucky.

But it cleared me up faster than anything else and kept gout at bay while I was susceptible. Hope you can get rid of it soon as it is debilitating as only those who have experienced can know, Cheerz Sharky

ive had it for years water water water has stopped it for a while i do 3-4 liters a day,also getting the weight down will help..

i had it 5 years ago the doc said it was due to alcohol so i stopped drinking for 3 months and i was still getting it so i was lying in bed 1 night and i noticed the inprint of my socks on my legs i ware golf socks a lot and i thought what goes down couldnt possibly get back up due to the elastic in my socks so i stopped using golf socks and have not had an attack since i hope this helps it is fooking painful , cheers nadia