IGNORED

Agoda

neocon

If I book a hotel with Agoda, do I have to pay the whole fee upfront?

Cheers

Do you have to pay the whole airfare before flying?

Maybe you should do some research here before. And they do have customer service to ask.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Agoda by far has the best value of any sites.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

I have just reserved rooms in 5 different cities in South America through Agoda. For some of them Agoda charged my credit card immediately (I know, because I got a call from the credit card fraud department the next day asking about some "unusual" charges) and e-mailed me a voucher to print out. For others Agoda sent me a confirmation (not a voucher) to print out, in conjunction with Booking.com, which says:

'Payment

You have now confirmed and guaranteed your booking by credit card.

All payment is to be made during your stay at the hotel, unless this is stated in the hotel policies. Payments in advance will be clearly stated on the website.

The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival."

I suppose which version applies depends on the relation between Agoda and the specific hotel. It was not obvious on the site, when I made the reservation, which way it would turn out. If it is important you could probably ask Agoda directly. Or perhaps all Thailand hotels are vouchers because Agoda is headquartered there and the South America coverage is spotty.

If I book a hotel with Agoda, do I have to pay the whole fee upfront?

Cheers

If your worried about upfront payment you can try Asiarooms.com. You pay the hotel directly on check out.

I live and work in pattaya.. not always in that order.

Brownie, "There is a place called Pattaya and it really does exist"

• 4 weeks later...

Agoda by far has the best value of any sites.

Agoda is not always the cheapest although they do offer a refund against better offers elsewhere.

I agree they are best "value" due to the loyalty points scheme so if you are a frequent traveller you get a very good deal overall.

Dont forget the Addicts hotels booking scheme too guys - there are links at the top and bottom of the forum :GoldenSmile1:. Some hotels are very good value there, especially Areca Lodge.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!