IGNORED

Bible Thumpers

Steelman

Ohio is an American State full of bible Thumpers. I do not know why? Ohio is a Northern a State yet the Evangelicals in Ohio are numerous. I cannot stand the Bengals or Browns, I'm from Pittsburgh and from East Liberty which is a rough inner City neighborhood. When I was growing up I disliked the Browns and Bengals because they were rivals of the Steelers. It was that simple or was not personnel. I've met a guys from the inner City of Cleveland who were very cool but they were Browns fans...... yet they are still cool guys.

It's the people from Ohio that live outside of the big Cities that give me the creeps. They really just use sports as a vehicle to go against the "immorals". The are more about supporting their warped and non-tolerating beliefs than supporting anything else.

I have no problem sitting with an inner City guy from Cleveland and watching the game and talking shit to each other, but please keep the naive red necks from rural Ohio away from me. Go Steelers.

Edited by Steelman

WTF I have no idea what this thread is about, but then I'm not from Cleveland, thank Budah.

WTF I have no idea what this thread is about, but then I'm not from Cleveland, thank Budah.

Sorry. This is an NFL thread and is about how religion and regional culture affect NFL fans. I'm sure in Europe you get all types of soccer fans.

Sorry. This is an NFL thread and is about how religion and regional culture affect NFL fans. I'm sure in Europe you get all types of soccer fans.

I grew up in the heart of Dixie. That is also the heart of the Southern Baptist Bible Belt and I have no idea what you are talking about.

I grew up in the heart of Dixie. That is also the heart of the Southern Baptist Bible Belt and I have no idea what you are talking about.

Bible thumping evangelicals and yes Southern Baptists from the bible belt have taken their BS to new levels. You are not only wrong for supporting your team but you must be immoral and lack class at that if you do not agree with them on everything. I had the misfortune of watching the Steeler-Browns game around a few rural evangelicals from Ohio. They were quick to shout out how much class the few Steelers fans lacked after we cheered for a Steelers touchdown, I will add that this was soon after these civilized people got done barking at the TV right after a good Browns play. I could go on....... I noticed that mostly small town rural folk from the USA who are too poor to be farmers find these Evangelicals to be their thing.

If I needed further explanation for why core American sports generally pass Europeans by (and vice versa), I would need to look no further than this topic. Not only do I struggle with the rules of these sports, but the nature of the debate / argument / logic would be clearer to me if it were written in classical Urdu.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

If I needed further explanation for why core American sports generally pass Europeans by (and vice versa), I would need to look no further than this topic. Not only do I struggle with the rules of these sports, but the nature of the debate / argument / logic would be clearer to me if it were written in classical Urdu.

I do sincerely apologize if I was not understood. My team beat Cleveland. It's that simple. I cannot stand the Browns (Cowboys, Bengals, Ravens, are included.). I decided to include my distain with arrogant mid-west bible thumpers in with the topic. It's an easy jump and I could not resist.

GO STEELERS.

Ohio is an American State full of bible Thumpers. I do not know why? Ohio is a Northern a State yet the Evangelicals in Ohio are numerous. I cannot stand the Bengals or Browns, I'm from Pittsburgh and from East Liberty which is a rough inner City neighborhood. When I was growing up I disliked the Browns and Bengals because they were rivals of the Steelers. It was that simple or was not personnel. I've met a guys from the inner City of Cleveland who were very cool but they were Browns fans...... yet they are still cool guys.

It's the people from Ohio that live outside of the big Cities that give me the creeps. They really just use sports as a vehicle to go against the "immorals". The are more about supporting their warped and non-tolerating beliefs than supporting anything else.

I have no problem sitting with an inner City guy from Cleveland and watching the game and talking shit to each other, but please keep the naive red necks from rural Ohio away from me. Go Steelers.

Well, I guess I should be insulted by this living in central Ohio outside the big city. I guess you have just not traveled enough to really learn the state. There are religious people everywhere in the USA. Even Pittsburgh. Its no big surprise you dislike the Bengals and Browns and like the Steelers--- everyone likes the home team. You would probably be shocked to learn that it breaks down to 40% Browns fans, 40% Steelers Fans and 15% Bengals fans in Columbus. With the 5% being other. I myself like the Colts and Steelers. By the way, I'm very accustomed to your city as it has been part of my sales region from 1994. East Liberty is not what I'd call a rough neighborhood by any extreme. Try the restaurant district near the stadium in Philly, the city of East Cleveland, Vine Street in Cincinnati or anywhere in Detroit or Youngstown. I guess my biggest problem with you folks in Pittsburgh is your driving. Just because your bumper is ahead of mine does not mean I gave you permission to pull in front of me, also-- the left lane is not for you to block. Lastly, What moron designed your steet system there? You can see where you want to go, but you can't get there from here! I guess we become a religious fanatic because we are praying we don't get killed in a traffic accident in Pittsburgh. Also, i'd be real careful about who you call a redneck. You might get a guy like me who takes offense to it-- and I'd be willing to bet you would not say it to my face. :)

Edited by cheang

Also, i'd be real careful about who you call a redneck.

When I lived in Alabama I considered it an insult, but having moved to Florida and met a number of people from another corner of the country (not Florida) I consider it a compliment.