IGNORED

New Members

whitespider - RIP

Thanks for the intro.

I'm an Aussie embarking on some research before some serious R'n'R in wonderful Thailand

MAXVertical

Yep- I'm new here. A shout box hey? We have those at work when the boys say words they shouldn't in front of the ladies...

MAXVertical

As they say, ts not the quantity its the quality, hmm let me think on that- is that also true of Pattaya... maybe quantity, maybe quality.

MAXVertical

I know and understand and appreciate the logic of quality over quantity.

However, can any credit be given for quantity?

A typical newbie will most likely find himself writing one line posts. It may be a "good job guy" or "wish I was there." He is yet checking the waters and trying to see how he may fit in without sounding too obtuse or unworthy. . But most likely, he is on this forum constantly checking out all of the wornderful sights and sounds of this mysticall dream world, and making a lot of these one liner posts.

Of course, these one liner posts of course can't compare in detail or refinement with masterpieces such as the often more lenghty reports and reviews. Thus a one liner may simply be dismissed by most to be trivial if not completely worthless. Just a simple word of recognition or appreciation may be seen just as a half hearted effort or flippant reciprocation to the original post.

However, join me if you will to analyze this in the perspective of the newbie. Upon this analysis, one may realize that each seemingly simple post, each one liner, each smiley face, actually requires great energy and effort. It requires the newbie to conduct a careful and thorough reading of all of the previous posters post. It involves timea and effort of viewing all of the attachments, grasping the thrust of the main post and all of the subsequent replies, the various interactions of the and the play and words. For a newbie, it also would have involved learning to navigate through the fourm, learning all of the nuances, the flavor, the style, and the trends.

In this light, each seemingly insignificnat one liner post displays the energy, enthiasm, and effort of the newbie. Instilled in each vowel and consanant, each punctuation and emoticon is the Desire of the newbie to contribute and belong. Thus, quantity should not be dismissed but incorporated into the analyis of reviewing the worthiness of a newbie to be given the key to the next level.

Therefore, ...................................................................

I should be upgraded to trusted member status to be able to look at as many boobies as my heart desires !

(did I rush the delivery? I think I rushed the delivery, maybe they won't read all the way to the bottomn so I think I'm okay...Whew! Thanks, cool, okay!)

Hello, people. Newbie here (on the website), been living in Thailand for almost 5 years now and loving. Lived just 9 months in Pattaya and then moved to Bangkok, running an entertainment company. Nice to meet you all! Cheers, Alex

Edited by alexth

i dont mean to sound pushy but according to the rules of trusted members i passed the 25 posts ages ago. Didnt i pass the review or smth?

THIS IS LOS!!!!! ARGHHHH

Haven't made it to the Trusted members either, well, I'm enjoying what I CAN read anyway so far

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. My friend was in Thailand a few times over the last 4 years & he loved the place. So many cool stories. I have been reading the theads here & how true it is ! I was going to Thailand in Nov 2007 but had to cancel to unforeseen events. My plan is to get there in the next year & live the dream.

Hopefully I will become a trusted member on this site soon !

So what is the line below the flag that says:

Warn (0%) and then has some bars

I haven't seen that on anybody elses info section. If it's some kind of warning for misbehaviour I guess it must be for making boring posts :GoldenSmile1:

Hey old retired fart,

Thanks for protecting our country for so many years! I am a young unretired fart that would like to learn more about your adventures in the land of smiles. Tell me ... Why did you move around?

And Hungry for More!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello friends,

First post for me!

I went to Thailand for a few weeks for the first time, Bangkok and Pattaya. Just returned.

I'm very impressed with Thailand and am already planning my next holiday. Yes, I got instantly addicted.

Thanks everyone for bringing all this information together on this forum. I will be reading them a lot and ofcourse will contribute when I think I can add some value.

I'm very impressed with Thailand and am already planning my next holiday. Yes, I got instantly addicted.

i came for 3 weeks and havnt gone home yet and you call yourself addicted ?

not even close my friend

LOL

Since arriving in Thailand in October last year,I have arranged for three letters and two parcels to be posted to me from New Zealand and Australia.

The last parcel was posted 2nd. February and as of today 30/4/'09 has not arrived and neither have three of the other peices of mail.

So,is this 'par for the course' for the Thai Postal Service ?

Has anybody else had mail problems ?

And what can I do ?

Can I do anything ?

I await with interest your responses.

Cheers.......

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm new here, I'm hoping to plan a trip quite soon, and this looks like the best place to be, see you around!

• 1 month later...

hi lads,ive just hit 25 posts,i dont have any pics of my visits to pattaya.well tat affect me becoming a trusted member

• 1 month later...

If you are new here, regardless of whether you are new to Pattaya or not, please dont be shy to ask questions by making posts.

Remember we are a flame free zone (at least try very hard to be) so there is no need to be worried that you might ask a silly question or one that has been asked before.

If you have anything to report/share or just need information - fire away.

The shout box is a great place for chit chat - but questions are best asked in threads as you have a far better chance of an informed answer over time.

Oh and dont forget to introduce yoursleves in the relevant section.

Hi,

I've tried, unsuccessfully, to use the shoutbox. Is the access restricted to Trusted Members or is it just a glitch that I cannot make use of it? :Number1a:

Thx.

Scheming how to soon retire to somewhere hot and wet!

small_flag_of_canada.png100x159flag-dominican-emblem.jpgThaiFlag100x149.jpg

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/6.jpg&text=My%20%22Virgin%20Tour%22%20of%20Thailand%21%21%21&untilColor=6736947&textColor=16711884&datesColor=255&year=2010&month=4&day=5&hour=13&minute=59&second=59&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/">MySpace Countdown Clocks</a></small></center>

Hi I've just joined the forum and a friend of mine, who sadly died last year, used to rave about Pattaya and Thailand in general. He used to laugh at my escapades in Amsterdam and how, for the same amount I spent in 5 days in the Dam, I could have a fortnight in Pattaya in late autumn where he said I was guaranteed excellent weather, far nicer ladies and vastly cheaper drinks and food. How true is this as I did read on a website that Pattaya isn't all its cracked up to be, although like anywhere you can't please everyone.

I am hoping to go out in a year's time as I did promise Eric this a year before he died and he said, like him, he went the once in 2003 and couldn't wait to go every year afterwards. From what I gather you can get an excellent meal for under a pound, a pint for 80 pence and basically live excellently for a week on less than £ 50. Back home, after the government liberates 31 per cent of my wages and I have to pay off my mortgage and car loan,

Sorry, I posted too quickly,a typical night on the town and a taxi back will come to £ 70. You can see why Pattaya is attractive as at least you are guaranteed a hot babe every night, unlike back home.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

aloha everyone,

i just a simple man, typical civil servant on the beautiful islands of Hawaii. I read dozens of posts every day from work to home to ipod! I have never been to thailand, but have aspired and almost obsessed over it for sometime now. I have no girlfriend, no wife, no kids, no dog, no cat, and finally paid off my car FK YEAH!!! Im very eager to travel somewhere in this world were i could be letting loose, party with amazing women and explore myself.. Pattaya, Thailand is the place to be.

Mahalo (Thank you),

Ry

aloha everyone,

i just a simple man, typical civil servant on the beautiful islands of Hawaii. I read dozens of posts every day from work to home to ipod! I have never been to thailand, but have aspired and almost obsessed over it for sometime now. I have no girlfriend, no wife, no kids, no dog, no cat, and finally paid off my car FK YEAH!!! Im very eager to travel somewhere in this world were i could be letting loose, party with amazing women and explore myself.. Pattaya, Thailand is the place to be.

Mahalo (Thank you),

Ry

Welcome!!!! Another local brudda from 808.

If you have the time and flexibility. Charles, myself and a few other locals are going to Pattaya in the next week or two. Buy a ticket, take time off and make that decision. Better to go with brudda's from another mother *lol*

Good luck if you do make plans to go SOOON!!!

Les

Welcome!!!! Another local brudda from 808.

If you have the time and flexibility. Charles, myself and a few other locals are going to Pattaya in the next week or two. Buy a ticket, take time off and make that decision. Better to go with brudda's from another mother *lol*

Good luck if you do make plans to go SOOON!!!

Les

thnaks for the warm welcome and invite.. i think im gonna have to wait til nex year bro..times are hard.. furloghs effed me on this one

• 2 months later...

Hi

Am planning visit in Feb. Do 5* hotels expect payment for LT girls staying overnight?

Guessing this has been asked a ton of times but as Newbie just wanted to know what to expect.

Thanks for feedback

M