Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

running routes

wafu wassock

does anyone know of any safe, maybe trafic free or at least trafic avoidable, running routes in and around pats? great way to discover the area.

all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Bill Hicks

You see a few runners pounding along the Beach Road pedestrian area from time to time - usually pursued by men in white coats - but IMO Pattaya's street layout and the climate are not conducive to frenetic physical activity other than in an air-conditioned bedroom. Probably alongside the beach at Jomtien would be a better jogging route, but I have not tried it.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

As stated by the previous poster, along beach road in the evening time is nice. But the route can get quiet congested sometimes, with other runner, people walking along, bike riders, children and freelancers.

There is also Pattaya fitness park near the base of Buddah hill. Many trails run along the hillside to the top with overlook views of Pattaya city and some trees and nature to look at along the way.

I like the running at the fitness park much better than beach road. It is more secluded and no vehicle traffic to contend with. Lots of local thai's seem to use it in the afternoons, and you may run into a some thai cuties out for an afternoon walk.

A lot of runners get about around Pratumnak and cosi beach

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

good post, ive been thinking the same thing.

intended on going for runs last trip but never got around to it.

i will save it for my 100 day in asia trip :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by nightlyf

You see a few runners pounding along the Beach Road pedestrian area from time to time - usually pursued by men in white coats - but IMO Pattaya's street layout and the climate are not conducive to frenetic physical activity other than in an air-conditioned bedroom. Probably alongside the beach at Jomtien would be a better jogging route, but I have not tried it.

You foreign guys confuse me...... running routes? I think he means a jogging route? This is an example of a language and culture difference. I'm learning.