IGNORED

Italian Food / Chicken Alfredo

King Cobra

Gents,

I have been looking for the best Chicken Alfredo dish in Pattaya. So far the best place is a little outdoor cafe past the Bale Plaza Marina called Sunsets.

Please give the name of restaurant, locations, best dish, ect...

Thanks in advance,

King Cobra

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

Not sure ive had aldredo there but the best pasta place in my opinion is buondi itali{not sure thats spelt right}.It is located on thappraya road about half way up the hill on the left hand side if your headin to jometien.The place doesnt look like much it is an open air restaraunt not that big but the food is fast tasty and very cheap,I would recomend the spaghetti carbonara or the penne bolagnaise.

Damn now im hungry

Ravioli at Da Max on Soi Post Office, then upstairs at the Pump Station next door.

Retired

what vannydan said.... i go there about twice a week, great price and great food

Living in Pattaya racing motorcycles and drinking like a fish...

Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today

Thanks Gents. I am heading there now. I hope they are still open. Any one heard of an Italian place called ROGERS ITALIAN on 2nd Road close to the Pattaya Hospital?

I'll post a review of the place if they are open.

Thanks again gents.

Edited by King Cobra

Not sure ive had aldredo there but the best pasta place in my opinion is buondi itali{not sure thats spelt right}.It is located on thappraya road about half way up the hill on the left hand side if your headin to jometien.The place doesnt look like much it is an open air restaraunt not that big but the food is fast tasty and very cheap,I would recomend the spaghetti carbonara or the penne bolagnaise.

Damn now im hungry

I did not find the restaurant you described but it might have been closed. It was around 11pm when I tried to find it. I ended up at Rogers Italian Restaurant on 2nd rd. beside the Pattaya Hospital at the back of a beer bar complex. The food was really great and I spoke with Roger about the dish I was requesting. He made the dish exactly the way i described it but it is made in a slightly different way in Pattaya.

Like I said the food was great and the portions were awesome. I will definately return to Rogers Italian. The only down side is the location. Its behind an open air beer bar complex with the very loud music. Not a nice place for a quiet Italian dinner with your lady. I will return but thats only because the food was awesome and Roger was an excellent host.

Cheers.

Edited by King Cobra

L'Italiano on Walking Street, and Planet Food on 2nd Road opposite Mike Shopping Mall. Same owner on both.

Food's good, but stay clear from Planet Foods rooms :D

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have returned to Roger's Italian Restaurant on 2nd Rd. across from Soi 7. I have eaten there several times now and each time was awesome. The food and service have been great. Even when the beer bar was playing live music, the inside part of the restaurant was not too bad.

I definately will return.

• 4 weeks later...

Trattoria Toscana Restaurant in Pattaya is great Italian food the best i had in Pattaya

I'll eventually try the other places but for now Roger's Italian has been great every time. Roger told me that some of the people I have taken there liked it so much they brought their friends and so on. Its just in a bad location and not easily seen from 2nd road.

Its not on the menu but you have to ask Roger to make his coveted "Chicken Alfredo". Tell him the American named "Roger" told you about it. He makes it authentic and not with spaghetti noodles.

Notice the real block or Parmesian Cheese beside the grater!

Roger is the bald guy on the right.

Chicken Alfredo @ Rogers Italian Feb10.JPG

Rogers Italian Feb10 (2).jpg

Edited by King Cobra

I cant say enough Good things about Roger's Italian Restaurant. I tried the Lasagna the other night and it was PERFECT. He makes it fresh every few days. Lasagna is impossible to make on the spot and many places freeze their pre-made food for weeks. I'll just let the pictures speak for me.

If you are a salad person this is the place. Great place to bring your lady, relax, and enjoy real Italian while listening to slow Jazz or anything you want on the sound system.

I already have my table reserved for Valentines Day.

Rog&Bee Rogers Italian Feb10.JPG

Rogers Italian 2nd Rd opposite Soi 7 Feb10.JPG

Rogers Italian Italian salad Feb10 (2).JPG

Rogers Italian Lasagna Feb10.JPG

L'Italiano on Walking Street, and Planet Food on 2nd Road opposite Mike Shopping Mall. Same owner on both.

Food's good, but stay clear from Planet Foods rooms :rolleyes:

i agree planet food is goooooood. ive had a variety of dishes here and never been disapointed. eaten there about 5 time. particularly like the parma ham pizza and the italian sausage pizza.

King Cobra; I cant say enough Good things about Roger's Italian Restaurant

Where you been boy? We tried this place the other day, I had the Chicken Alfredo and the lass had Carbonara, both were excellent as was the bottle of wine. Roger took great care of us, but, he bored us witless singing your praises :rolleyes:

I had an interested day at Roger's Italian. I could not decide which girl I wanted to take there tonight for Valentines Day so I took BOTH of my "Main Girls". I took one around 5pm. I had the Lasagna again and it was perfect.

I brought a couple of friends with me and my second lady around 8:30pm. This time I had the Chicken Alfredo. The ladies had some spicy Thai dish that they really liked. We tried the Mozzarella appetizer with tomato and basil drizzeled with a little Balsamic vinegar and EVOO.

Roger and his wife were very discrete when I arrived with different ladies at different times.

Rogers Italian Mozzarella appetizer.JPG

For me no dubt: the best italian restaurant is Luca's Trattoria Toscana near the corner Soi 6 and Beach Road.

Myself and 3 friends ate there last night and thought the food was very good! Total cost for 4 people inc 10% service charge 5500baht.

Whats the name of the beer bar complex where rogers is nearby?

would like to try this one, as i still have not found a great italian restaurant in pattaya

A like italian food , this is info i can use .

One place you better not go is little italy on second street , looks italian , sounds italian but the food is

nothing and prices are way to high .

Asked for a woodoven pizza , yes sir of course . And get some supermarket frozen one .

thanks for all of the info, i went to a few italian places in Pattaya and was not impressed so i will use this knowledge upon my return, any word on the best steaks, i would appreciate that, thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Whats the name of the beer bar complex where rogers is nearby?

would like to try this one, as i still have not found a great italian restaurant in pattaya

Roger's Italian is in the Beer Bar Complex opposite Soi 7 on 2nd Rd. (See map). I dont know the name of the bar but I think "Wunderbar" is on one of the signs as well.

Rogers Italian Card.jpg

Hey Cobra hows things?

We have eaten at Rogers several times now and never had a bad meal yet. It is not the cheapest, but the guy knows what he doing. Just do not expect swish on the button service as he makes the majority of dishes, yes including the starters, fresh while you wait.

Last time we were there, about 6 days ago, he was in and out checking we were al-right as he prepared our food. My lass made the comment that going there was not like being in a restaurant, more like being in someone's home and that the food was just that, home cooked for you.

Chuck called in for a take-away for us all, as he waited Roger kept calling him over so he could see when you added this, or how you did that. The food was bloody delicious so we all busted a gut to eat it all, despite there being to much!

as he waited Roger kept calling him over so he could see when you added this, or how you did that. The food was bloody delicious so we all busted a gut to eat it all, despite there being to much!

Hi Cerberus,

I took 2 of his business cards and scanned them on my computer and attached them to the topic string. Its kind of hard to explain the location to someone who is not familiar with Pattaya. I actually pull around and park at his restaurant by the back of the hospital and I call him before I go just to make sure he is going to be there.

Roger was not able to make it one time and his Thai wife cooked all the dishes. It was really good and I joked with him later that his wife was a better cook. I really do enjoy the "Home" experience and friendly atmosphere. Its very Italian.

Good news is that I might be returning in a few weeks. Not sure yet.

• 1 year later...

I did not find the restaurant you described but it might have been closed. It was around 11pm when I tried to find it. I ended up at Rogers Italian Restaurant on 2nd rd. beside the Pattaya Hospital at the back of a beer bar complex. The food was really great and I spoke with Roger about the dish I was requesting. He made the dish exactly the way i described it but it is made in a slightly different way in Pattaya.

Like I said the food was great and the portions were awesome. I will definately return to Rogers Italian. The only down side is the location. Its behind an open air beer bar complex with the very loud music. Not a nice place for a quiet Italian dinner with your lady. I will return but thats only because the food was awesome and Roger was an excellent host.

Cheers.

It's great to see such reviews on my Restaurant thank you all. I have only just registered here and seen the comments posted.

Not only do we provide fresh homemade Italian food but we also show all the major sporting events.

I am a big fan of Motorsport and you are all welcome to join me for F1, Moto gp and Football anytime in the Air conditioned part of my restaurant.

It's good to see Kung's and my hardwork is being appreciated we are always looking to keep our standards up. Thank you for saying coming to us is like eating in our home that means our hospitality is reaching across.

If there are any special tastes requirements for your food please ask and we will make your food the way you like it.

Maybe try our spicy meats and cheese one night to have a nibble with a few drinks with friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Walking up Soi Buakow from Soi Diana toward South Pattaya Road on the right hand side there is a bike shop on the corner of a dead end street. At the end on the right is the best Italian food I have had in Patts

Yeah, that place is tasty and very reasonably priced. I still haven't made it to Roger's, buut it's high up on my list of things to do.