IGNORED

Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort, Pattaya

Alex the Hedonist

I was exploring a bit, condo shopping up on the north end, and saw this resort that was still under construction in early August...It looked like it would be amazing...from the photos I saw on the net, it looks finished and they seem to be taking reservations.Resort Room 1.jpgResort Pool 1.jpgResort Beach 1.jpg

Anyone give this property a try yet??????

Let me know...if not, when I come in November/December, Im gonna give it a go for a little 3-night retreat from the action.

Looks like about 4000 baht a night...at the upper end in patty, but not bad for a resort like this me thinks!

Cheers, Alex

Edited by Alex the Hedonist

Thought I would add this for Slapman and others that dont mind a splurge now n again...from their official website...and there IS an internet promo at 50% off right now...thats why its only 4000ish per night...looks like once they get goin, it will be more!

FROM THEIR WEBSITE:

Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya: The new Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya is located on Wong Amat Beach & Naklua Beach, North Pattaya, and is actually built on the original beach front land of the former Central Wong Amat Beach Resort.

Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya is a 5-star beach resort designed to be the first truly themed hotel in Thailand, this stunning 18-story property features 555 rooms and suites, all facing the ocean. Unlike other hotels & resorts in Pattaya, Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya is the only 5-star themed resort that has a direct beach access to the stretch of 230 meters of white sand beach complete with an extensive beachfront water park.

This unique and exciting Lost World themed hotel is a true destination in its own right and will offer several specialty restaurants, a trendy bar, Asian restaurant, all day dining, large and versatile convention and meeting facilities, SPA Cenvaree, and a great variety of facilities for all members of the family including several swimming pools and water play areas in the exciting water park.

The Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya is set to become one of Thailand’s most talked about resort hotels.

Soft Opening Announcement of Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya: Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya is now running in a soft opening phase. All services and facilities are not yet fully completed until the full opening on 1 November 2009. If you have any question or would like to check the updated news of Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya, please email us at [email protected] or call +66 (0) 3830 1234.

I inspected that property this week. Here’s a brief feedback.

+ good location, right on the beach

+ all rooms with excellent sea view

+ nice swimming pools

+ excellent management, same as all Centara hotels & Resorts

+ fantastic entertainment facilities for families (might be a down for mongers)

- no free internet use, apart from guest staying at the executive who have free internet in the club lounge

- far away from the bar scene (might be a down for mongers)

- in the standard rooms twin bed configuration only (might be a down for cost conscious guys with nice girls)

- promoted room rates are valid until 31 October 09 only (pre-opening rates)

- water slides not functioning (leaking, but this might be fixed until the grand opening on 01 Nov 09).

Overall I think it’s a great addition to Pattaya and perfect for

* families

* couples

* weekend break for Bangkok residents

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

I'm staying here next month, looks the business, got a good deal with Virgin using my Tesco clubcard vouchers !!!!

Its a bit out of the way, but it will be nice to chill out inbetween visiting the other attractions.

Rich...

the "getaway" was my thought exactly...for those of us that have a girl we really want to have a mini-break with...full-on romance...not a bad place without the hassle of going to bangkok and flying somewhere...its right there in Pattaya's backyard so to speak...and only a 10 minute scooter ride to Walking Street or LKMetro, less to Central Festival mall/sois 6 to 8...not too bad.

THANKS for the review Benny and, D1cky let us know how you like it after your stay!!!

Cheers, Alex

Looks nice, could be an option for xmas.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

I know this sounds silly...but i really wanted

a nice new or newish place

on the beach

with a swim-up bar and shaded loungers

away from the fray

the Amari Towers (which Slapman turned me on to) had it all BUT it wasnt really beachfront (has beach rd)

...but now, this one hits every thing I wanted in a retreat...all without having to drive or fly somewhere...just a quick taxi ride.

Cheers, Alex

I know this sounds silly...but i really wanted

a nice new or newish place

on the beach

with a swim-up bar and shaded loungers

away from the fray

the Amari Towers (which Slapman turned me on to) had it all BUT it wasnt really beachfront (has beach rd)

...but now, this one hits every thing I wanted in a retreat...all without having to drive or fly somewhere...just a quick taxi ride.

Cheers, Alex

Yet I don’t know how the family business will pick up at the Centara, but it might be a bit noisy around pool when Bangkok families show up.

If you are looking for something quiet, why not try Royal Wing Suites & Spa (part of the Royal Cliff Beach Resort) or the Sheraton. Both are beachfront properties (private beaches), just 15 mins. from downtown.

http://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/cmbr/cmbr_default.asp

just checked out the website. looks good, i'm always on the lookout for these sort of joints with a jacuzzi in the room. the site doesn't even have pics of the bathroom !.

a good excuse to extend my daily walk off beach rd and check it out next month.

Standard room types have bathroom with shower only.

Rooms on the executive level have bathtub and separte shower.

Suites have Jacuzzi and separate shower.

Edited by Benny10

Yet I don’t know how the family business will pick up at the Centara, but it might be a bit noisy around pool when Bangkok families show up.

If you are looking for something quiet, why not try Royal Wing Suites & Spa (part of the Royal Cliff Beach Resort) or the Sheraton. Both are beachfront properties (private beaches), just 15 mins. from downtown.

thanks Benny...I did try the Sheraton last trip...up over the hill...nice place, but a bit old...will have to scope out the Royal Cliff...thanks!

Cheers, Alex

• 1 month later...

Back from my stay at the Centara, fantastic hotel, great facilities, Pools are fantastic, although they are still having problems with the water slides leaking. I had a deluxe room on the

3rd floor, nice balcony and view. Several nice restaurants and bars although they are very pricy, but you do get breakfast included, which was excellent, served 06:30 to 10:30.

There is a free shuttle to the Festival Mall every hour, which I used a lot, the location is not that isolated, just 5 mins walk from Naklua road then very easy to hop on the Baht Bus.

Internet was pricy 325 baht an hour or 650 baht for a 24 hour period. Although there are several internet cafes on Naklua road charging 1 baht per minute.

There is a Family Mart opposite the Main Gate, so easy to stock up the Fridge with Booze and Snacks rather than paying the Inflated Mini Bar Prices. Staff all very helpful and friendly.

BUT this is very much a Family Resort loads of Kiddies running round , mainly Thai/Japanese/Russian. I would definately recommend it for a romantic get away but not if your planning a girlie fest!!!

• 2 years later...

I'll be there in 88 days....will give update....

Never miss a chance to have sex or appear on television.