IGNORED

Machida vs Rua

lespaul5000

I have met the Chute Boxe team and have fought on the same shows as cyborg myself.. I like their overall style-stand up preference but with a solid ground game.

Rua is an exciting fast-paced fighter but I think Machida will be smarter than Rua and is by far more of a technical fighter. I think Machida to win by decision.

Edited by ROIDFREAK

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

I have seen both of them fight many times. Although Rua is very talented and powerful, Machida is the superior fighter. He is extremely illusive and his style is very baffling to his opponents. I like Machida by TKO.

I don't care for machidas style, but at the same time his style wins his fights. I think also machida by decision. I like them both, but I like machida a lil more. :CatDance1: I hope it will be a brawl, then again I am sure we all want this.

2ll0roh.gif

I'd like to see Rua knockout Machida. I know Machida is probably the favorite. He's taken out alot of the UFC's best. Rua's got this real fluid kickboxer style that's very fun to watch. I'd like to see him become champion and get a rematch with Forest Griffin. I thought he got tired in the Griffin fight. I don't think Machida can match up with Rua standing up but I think he can win on the ground. If Machida's smart this is how he should do it.

lyoto lyoto lyoto!!!! all the way.. the dragon will defeat the shogun... karate and jui jitsu master... i would like him to fight brock after that..

they call me mr. botolo always down to represent the 808

lyoto lyoto lyoto!!!! all the way.. the dragon will defeat the shogun... karate and jui jitsu master... i would like him to fight brock after that..

Brock Lesner is absolutely shit IMHO, he simply landed a lucky punch to the back /top of Randy's head.And fuck knows why they even gave him the title shot. He is not a technical striker, just a big lump who can grapple with brute force. He would get ripped to pieces by any of the top heavyweight strikers..Someone like Pedro Rizzo/Crocop/Fedor would destroy him.

Edited by ROIDFREAK

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

I'd like to see Rua knockout Machida. I know Machida is probably the favorite. He's taken out alot of the UFC's best. Rua's got this real fluid kickboxer style that's very fun to watch. I'd like to see him become champion and get a rematch with Forest Griffin. I thought he got tired in the Griffin fight. I don't think Machida can match up with Rua standing up but I think he can win on the ground. If Machida's smart this is how he should do it.I disagree if rua come in shape I think he will win. machida is a boring fighter. rampage owe's booth of them a asswiping

mickeylo

Would love to see crocop still establish more fights in the UFC. I think though, some people may think he is nearing the end, but I think he still has it in him. IMO I as well really dislike brock, but I think it makes for some entertaining fights. I lost a lot of respect from his last fight with mir, sure a lot did, but I can sorta see where he was coming from. MMA is a sport, but at the same time you should respect other fights and the fans who actually take the time to watch.

I am just waiting for andersons next fight, either vitor or matt and I will be happy.

I still stand by machida, damn this should be a good fight. :Number1a: Rua is fun to watch I agree. Just glad it isn't two machidas, I would have to stock up on energy drinks to stay awake, then again I would still love every minute of it probably. Would also love to see a forest comeback, one can only hope is he preparing that, hell I haven't heard anything since his last fight with silva.

2ll0roh.gif

Brock Lesner is absolutely shit IMHO, he simply landed a lucky punch to the back /top of Randy's head.And fuck knows why they even gave him the title shot. He is not a technical striker, just a big lump who can grapple with brute force. He would get ripped to pieces by any of the top heavyweight strikers..Someone like Pedro Rizzo/Crocop/Fedor would destroy him.

Fedor doesn`t seem to want any piece of Lesner...i`d pay to see that fight though. i think it will happen eventually.

The thing about Lesnar is that he is in great cardio condition, extremely strong and is now learning how to fight. If he has some time and learns the technical aspects of MMA, he will be unbeatable. He needs to learn to box and kick and also submissions. He can takedown anyone (Olympic caliber greco roman wrestler and college champion) and definately has 1 punch KO power. "that is one big SOB" and "lots of power in those big hamhocks" --- Randy Couture

The thing about Lesnar is that he is in great cardio condition, extremely strong and is now learning how to fight. If he has some time and learns the technical aspects of MMA, he will be unbeatable. He needs to learn to box and kick and also submissions. He can takedown anyone (Olympic caliber greco roman wrestler and college champion) and definately has 1 punch KO power. "that is one big SOB" and "lots of power in those big hamhocks" --- Randy Couture

Agree he has formidable size and strength and for a guy his size his cardio is good. He obviously has a wrestling background but technically, his skill at boxing and kicking and more importantly evading strikes is very bad. Wrestler vs wrestler as in Coutoure is different from Lesnar against someone like Fedor or even Marco Ruas/pedro Rizzo who all carry knockout power but awesome technical mknowledge and can submit as good as any gracie.. Lesnar has raw power to his advantage but skillwise, he is lacking.

With time and when his skill level advances and he learns to strike and submit then he will be very very difficult to beat.

I agree totally. MMA has evolved to the point one must be very well rounded and skilled at all aspects of the sport. I'm thinking Lesnar will devote the same work ethic to learning what he does not know as he did to become a world class wrestler. He's going to have to keep his cardio training up as my guess is-- 265 is a weight he has to work at making. When he played for the Vikings pro football team he weighed 295 and basically looked the same. So, I'm thinking he has to cut weight to make weight (but as a wrestler he has done it for years!). If he gets world class jujitsu skills and some boxing skills then he is the package.