IGNORED

Cheap Townhouse starting at 3,500 bt per Month

CyberHippie

I have scoured the internet looking for suitable/cheap accomodation and cannot find much.

So I let my Thai GF look for homes and she found quite a few.

The cheapest is 3,500 bt a month, you pay electricity, which means that a % is not added on top. Water is the same deal too. (Sometimes they tack on 100% rpofit on the electricity and I have paid more for electricity than a property. Case in point, Carina Mansion... never again)

She has found many in the under 10k bracket, from 1-2 rooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 stories and so on.

For a finders fee, I am letting my GF find accomodation for you, speak to the Thai owners for you (many dont speak english at all) and so on.

I will setup a website soon for you guys and best of all my GF can make a little money for herself.

Email me at [email protected] or message me and I will get her to find some property for you at Thai prices.

Or you can message me and I will give you her number (Her name is Bow)

Edited by CyberHippie

Thailand Airsoft The website is for sale. I am starting up a new Bitcoin project and need development funds... The Airsoft Site is being sold for 800,000 THB

I think this is a great idea.

I stay long term while in Thailand so I always go apartment hunting with a Thai friend..

It makes a HUGE difference..

During my last trip, I scowered Patong for days and couldn't find anything under 12,000 baht a month..

I met up with an old friend at an internet cafe who agreed to take me around..

Within 10 minutes of looking she had found me a nice big room (in an apartment full of bargirls) for 5000 baht a month..

I was the only guy in the whole building so as you can imagine, it was a nice living arrangement ;)

What areas will you be covering? If anyone needs a place in Sattahip/Bang Saray, I will do the same.

Well...

Its the internet, so all coverage... I suppose it could even extend out to BKK

The purpose of this, is to give my gf a way of making money herself... I would hope she can setup a small business for herself, arranging accomodation Thai to Thai on behalf of non Thai speaking people.

So if anyone would like to exchange your high priced accomodation for something a little cheaper..

Email me at [email protected] or message me and I will get her to find some property for you at Thai prices.

Or you can message me and I will give you her number (Her name is Bow)

Edited by CyberHippie

Thailand Airsoft The website is for sale. I am starting up a new Bitcoin project and need development funds... The Airsoft Site is being sold for 800,000 THB

sounds like an instant winner, fair play.....

how about thai accomodation for say, one week???

:LMFO::Clap9::P

Fair play and good luck to you

Its about time we had someting like this, tbh

NOW all we need is a similar database for trusted tradesmen, etc

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Guys...

Let me see what I can put together...

I can database a website that you guys can offer recommendations.... I will include that in the new website

As for week rentals, I doubt you would do any better than a hotel and there are plenty of recommendations on here already.

Anything else you guys want...

Because there are costs involved in doing this, what would you guys pay for a service like this?

We need to call landlords and sometimes meet the landlords at the property as they simply do not want to divulge much informaton over the phone.

Plus we have found that some listings in the paper are not what the landlord is really asking. They do business a little different.

The website is 30% complete.

It is in PHP using MySQL as the backend database.

I have a link to tradesmen that I think is better done as a "comment" which is broken up into Good and Bad tradesmen.

cheers

Please keep this topic on track, rather than handing out warnings, I have removed the attacks/flaming

I think it's a good idea. Not just for arranging accommodation. The need for translation services should see a dual purpose business forming. Sure there are translation services already, if your there on the ground, but if your in Oz or the states and you want help who do you trust enough to call? Try explaining stuff to a Thai over the phone! I for one hate talking over the phone....in LOS or here!

Good luck with it dude, keep us posted.

"If it feels good, just keep doing it!"

Will do mate...

I have been here 3 years now and unfortunately, being the manly type, I take charge and find accomodation etc.

It was pure coincidence and circumstances that my GF decided to look for a home, which resulted in this post.

I had a Thai friend who lived in a 2 bedroom unfurnished townhouse, no hot water or phone, but his rent was 2000 baht a month. It was a new building, all brick, tiled floors and besides the hot water and thai kitchen, it wasnt bad at all... It was about 10 mins hoot on a scooter from 2nd road,

The main issue is as you said translation. We looked at a 2 bedroom townhouse in a nice location, not far from second road. Phone lines where overhead and just needed wiring into the house. The elec rates where standard rate and the water was included in the rent. The property was fully furnished and there was a communal pool, which actually was getting used and all up, the property was 7000 bt a month. I tried asking question and only got a strange look. My GF asked the questions that I asked and got everything we needed to know.

All up, that encounter would have to be the best one so far. Talking with Thais that know english and the farang customs, always left me feeling I was getting conned in some manner. Which I did in my last property, as I was promised a scooter included in the rent then had a bunch of heavies demand rental money on the scooter, two months later. The excuse was.. "Sorry, I not understand why you think I rent bike for free"

Never again... I will give my GF a lot more credit an appreciation in dealing with the locals. :GoldenSmile1:

• 1 month later...

I think it's a good idea. Not just for arranging accommodation. The need for translation services should see a dual purpose business forming. Sure there are translation services already, if your there on the ground, but if your in Oz or the states and you want help who do you trust enough to call? Try explaining stuff to a Thai over the phone! I for one hate talking over the phone....in LOS or here!

careful bout translation services in Patts. Always comes back with a bunchload of errors and painwasting for paying it over and over again. I myself do legal translation work but still you need to get your docs verified with a stamp in patts.

language hero

Tony

Burn rubber not your soul.

I think this is a great idea.

I stay long term while in Thailand so I always go apartment hunting with a Thai friend..

It makes a HUGE difference..

During my last trip, I scowered Patong for days and couldn't find anything under 12,000 baht a month..

I met up with an old friend at an internet cafe who agreed to take me around..

Within 10 minutes of looking she had found me a nice big room (in an apartment full of bargirls) for 5000 baht a month..

I was the only guy in the whole building so as you can imagine, it was a nice living arrangement ;)

Did it feel awkward bringing back guests when all the bargirls in the complex could see?

I'm interested in this as well. I'm headed to Pattaya for a minimum of one year. I'll be arriving in May or June from the states. Keep us informed of the website you're creating. I have no problem paying a finder's fee. Just hang onto that GF of your's until i'm ready to move out.

:GoldenSmile1:

• 5 months later...

what happened to this idea????????? any update?

Get up ya dirtbird, get up...

Because there are costs involved in doing this, what would you guys pay for a service like this?

We need to call landlords and sometimes meet the landlords at the property as they simply do not want to divulge much informaton over the phone.

Plus we have found that some listings in the paper are not what the landlord is really asking. They do business a little different.

The website is 30% complete.

It is in PHP using MySQL as the backend database.

I have a link to tradesmen that I think is better done as a "comment" which is broken up into Good and Bad tradesmen.

cheers

Hallo Mate,

Wheneevr I've moved in Bkk, my gf has taken a trip to the area we want to live in and noted down some of the numbers on signs on lamposts. These are generally for agents who will scour the area looking for what you want. This seems a similar service to what you are offering, but not internet based.

The important thing, however, is their fees, or commission. I ahve paid these agents anything between 50-100% of the monthly rental on the place I moved into. This seems a more than fair amount for the time they saved me or my gf trudging around unknown neighbourhoods.

If your gf charged the same I cannot see people objecting especially when you look at the long-term savings her work will give to renters.

A great ides.

Good luck :)

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

what happened to this idea????????? any update?

I think he drifted off into cyberhippie space.

It sounded like a good idea, but he seems to post from the hip(pie) and think later - as with the 32"LCD.

• 8 months later...

Not really...

We ended up getting too many weirdo emails asking some of the strangest things

For the non weirdo emails... they wanted the service but complained when asked a fee...

and we weren't going to scout the areas, assist with a transaction etc, without getting paid for it....

So it wasnt the hassle, bargaining over a few measly baht.... It was a good idea... just the wrong type of clientele :)

Edited by CyberHippie

For the non weirdo emails... they wanted the service but complained when asked a fee...

So it wasnt the hassle, bargaining over a few measly baht.... It was a good idea... just the wrong type of clientele :)

Probably the same blokes who whinge in a bar because the beer is 5 baht dearer than at Makro. LOS is full of em.

Thanks anyway and good luck.

Courage, determination, unselfishness and cheefulness in the face of adversity. Bond us all together, a brotherhood so inexplicable you will never understand, unless you are one of us....