Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Overstay Fine or Extension? 30 day Visa Stamp/How long extension?

Ryan

I came in on a 30 day stamp at the airport. From what I've researched on the forum, it looks like I can only get a 7 day extension at Jomtien even though I would like to get the 30 day. Is this true? Also, my girlfriend went today to get here passport and she won't be able to pick it up until Wednesday afternoon (the 14th). My stamp runs out the 13th and I probably won't make it out of Thailand until at least the 15th. So would it be better to just pay the 1,000 baht overstay (2 day fine) or pay 1,900 baht for the 7 day extension. 2 year previous I have a 1 day overstay fine. I just worry about red flags since my plan is to make it to a consulate to get a 60 day double entry tourist Visa.

As long as you dont get stopped by the police you will be ok, just pay the 2 day overstay at the airport. You will be surprised how many people are paying to overstay there visa.

Check with any of the outfits organising border runs to Cambodia what extension you would get by doing a border run.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

Check with any of the outfits organising border runs to Cambodia what extension you would get by doing a border run.

Any border runs that are done by land are now 15days, coming in by air are 30days both are tourist only.

I came in on a 30 day stamp at the airport. From what I've researched on the forum, it looks like I can only get a 7 day extension at Jomtien even though I would like to get the 30 day. Is this true?

I dont think you can extend your 30 day visa exemption at all...maybe im wrong :10:

Edited by fostraswift

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

You will have to either pay the overstay fine (no record held against your passport) or you can do the 7-day extension in Jomtien.

If you like you can do an overland visa run to cambodia for a 15-day visa-exempt extension ONLY.

If you want more time, you'll need to do an overland trip to Laos where you can easily pick up a double-entry FREE tourist visa good for 60 days.

The company I use is 2300 baht all inclusive with minibus, food, hotel, and laos visa fees for 2300 baht departing from bangkok with 1 night in Laos.

For help or advice with Vehicle Inspections and Repair anywhere in Thailand, send me a PM!

มีคนเป็นล้านคน ช่างไร้เหตผลุจริงๆ ที่เราเจอà¸à¸±à¸™