IGNORED

Calling Thailand from england.

I have collected numbers off different board members over the last few months. But none of them work for me, I try to call from an o2 mobile and a BT landline.

Can anyone explain why? Panudate gave me a number and when i called it, it said that it had reached capacity like the others, however 2 seconds later, he called on his phone and got through.

Here are all the numbers i can't get to work.

1p a minute 08448612121

2p a minute 08444626464

1p a minute 08448616060

so i am forced to use this one, which works every time. I still try the other numbers first, but i have never got through. (even at different times in the day)

08445668686 5p a minute- works all the time

my wife has a number she uses i dont know the number off hand but its 1p ans 1/2 p a min

when she comes in i will post it if you like

my wife has a number she uses i dont know the number off hand but its 1p ans 1/2 p a min

when she comes in i will post it if you like

cheers, but it seems like it is blocked from BT landlines, i can call from friends phone, just now

07744974497. If you have a UK contract mobile you can use your free minutes with this number so it costs you nothing.

Or try 08448612929 - 1p per minute.

Double Gold Medalist. 2006 Mongering Olympics

I use this from BT landline to call the wife on her mobile 1p a minute. Never had any problems.

"A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed"

There's light at the end of this long tunnel

I use this from BT landline to call the wife on her mobile 1p a minute. Never had any problems.

I use the same one,the odd time if there is a storm in Pattaya it might be a bad line but 99% of the time it works great.

Bryan, that number I gave you works for me everytime mate! From mobile or landline!

Bryan, I'm using Dialwise number which has worked for 12 + months 0844 861 2828 @ 1p p/min.

Adam

Have you tried Skype ? I just rang up a thailand number, and on skype it is 6.2 cents / minute in American cents.

Not sure how that compares, but I think a pence is 1 / 100 of a pound? If that is right, then 5p would be 10 us cents. Skype is done through the internet, and once you set up your account, anywhere there is a High Speed connection, you can make your call. I use my laptop to call any where.

By the way, if you are calling someone WITH a computer, get them on skype and the call is free. Skype to Skype is always free.

:)

07744974497. If you have a UK contract mobile you can use your free minutes with this number so it costs you nothing.

Or try 08448612929 - 1p per minute.

Bryan, that number I gave you works for me everytime mate! From mobile or landline!

Bryan, I'm using Dialwise number which has worked for 12 + months 0844 861 2828 @ 1p p/min.

Adam

I tried all these numbers from the BT landline, same message night or day!! "unfortunately due to capacity problems, we cannot connect the call, you have not been charged for this call"

Thanks guys, i will have to ring up BT and complain, i did try and complain today, but i got some indian woman talking to me like a baby, and i give up trying to explain.

And panu I know your numbet works cuz i tried it on a friends landline!

bryan, you could always get orange broadband with free international calls to thailand, landline only i think! :P

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys, some really good stuff on this forum, it will certainly help in the future, I've been keeping in touch with one or two GF's since my last trip and got a bit of a surprise with last weeks phone bill, I new bt was a rip off but I suppose you don't realyy keep track of the time when chatting away to a GF!!