IGNORED

Surin Elephant Round-Up 2009

BigBangkokTheory

I just booked five nights (18-22) at Thong Tarin for the Elephant Round-Up. This seems like a good hotel in a great location. Can anyone comment?

I am going solo, so looking for some travel mates, and could especially use a tour guide to show me around. If you have any tips, or would like to meet up, please post here or at my who's coming to town thread here.

All the best

BBT

I am addicted to Pattaya Addicts, View New Content

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE...I am only staying three nights in Surin instead of five (19, 20, and 21)...and flying in and out of Cambo instead of crossing the border.

See you guys at the Farang Connection!

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked five nights (18-22) at Thong Tarin for the Elephant Round-Up. This seems like a good hotel in a great location. Can anyone comment?

I am going solo, so looking for some travel mates, and could especially use a tour guide to show me around. If you have any tips, or would like to meet up, please post here or at my who's coming to town thread here.

All the best

BBT

Hi BBT

I live in Surin so know the hotels/area quite well.

Thong Tarin is an OK hotel. Its big,clean and without doubt the best location in town. Its not one of the newest, so in places it can look a bit tired.

Attached to and behind it is the Rose Queen 'Soapy' Bath massage :GoldenSmile1: On the left side is the Tawan Deang Thai Rock Club and to the left is the main

entertainment street(Soi Kola) in Surin (bars/kareoke/sort of gogo's). The breakfast isnt up to much but you have the choice of 3 farang restaurants nearby(English/German&American). Martin at the Farang Connection is very knowledgeable about the area.

I might be about, although I away at a bike show on the 21st/22nd.

Enjoy Surin

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I had a great time in Surin! The evening performance at Sikhoraphum castle was especially memorable. Best 100 baht I ever spent.

Also met a TG and did a trip to the village! Will post a TR when I return to the states.