Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Books wanted. Updated 17/10/07

spicymartin

Hi all. I'm looking for specific titles from specific authors and will pay 100 baht for a clean copy, or a couple of beers per copy in the Ace Cafe if you'd prefer! And before anyone suggests it, yes, I have scoured all Pattaya and Jomtien bookshops on a regular basis!

In no particular order, I'm after:

Michael Connelly

The Black Ice

The Overlook

James Lee Burke

Two for Texas

The Convict

Heavens Prisoners

A Stained White Radiance

Burning Angel

Heartwood

White Doves at Morning

Pegasus Descending

The Tin Roof Blowdown

Peter James

Not Dead Enough

Sweetheart

Dreamer

Posession

The Truth

Val McDermid

Grave Tattoo

Beneath the Bleeding

Clean Break

Jess Walter

Ruby Ridge

The Zero

Jim Kelly

Fire Baby

Coldest Blood

Jeremy Dronfield

Burning Blue

The Alchemists Apprentice

Kent Anderson

Sympathy for the Devil

Ian Rankin

Hide and Seek

Mortal Causes

Hanging Garden

The Flood

Westwind

Death is not the End

Doors Open

Tim Wilson

Purgatory

Freezing Paint

I Spy

Cruel to be Kind

In a Childs Eye

T. Jefferson Parker

Laguna Heat

Little Saigon

Pacific Beat

Cold Persuit

The Fallen

Storm Runners

Harlan Coben

The Woods

Back Spin

Fade Away

Drop Shot

Play Dead

Miracle Cure

Thomas H Cook

Murmur of Stones

Red Leaves

Taken

Peril

Into the Web

Moon over Manhattan

The City when it Rains

Elena

Tabernackle

The Orchids

Blood Innocents

Rennie Airth

The Blood-Dimmed Tide

Snatch!

Once a Spy

Kenneth Abel

Cold Steel Rain

The Burying Field

Bail

The Blue Wall

Thankyou.

Martin.

Ace Cafe

Edited by spicymartin

Where is the Ace Cafe?

Hanuman Corner, Jomtien. Turn into the car park on the left hand side by the 7-Eleven just as the road turns that sharp right heading down toward the beach.

Which of the books d'you have?

I don't have any of them unfortunately. But if thats the sort of stuff you have in your cafe i'm gonna have to nip in on my next visit.

Testicles

I don't have any of them unfortunately. But if thats the sort of stuff you have in your cafe i'm gonna have to nip in on my next visit.

Ah no, sorry Shuggy, that "wish list" was for my own personal use.

This is the sort of stuff we have in our cafe....... :D

Resize.jpg

Will nip in anyway. I have a great (and cheap) secod hand bookshop near me so will have a look if any of your wish list is on the shelves.

I've met Val McDermid in Melbourne last year. Very funny and extremely charismatic woman. Not what I expected after having read some of her stuff.

Testicles

Will nip in anyway. I have a great (and cheap) secod hand bookshop near me so will have a look if any of your wish list is on the shelves.

I've met Val McDermid in Melbourne last year. Very funny and extremely charismatic woman. Not what I expected after having read some of her stuff.

That's EXTREMELY kind of you mate. Cash or beer or food.... up to you, as they say.

Don't suppose you live anywhere near the Melbourne Harley-Davidson shop do you?

spice boy :Laugh1: (Andy told me to call you that) you now have bussiness access to post anything you want in that section mate

spice boy :Clap7: (Andy told me to call you that) you now have bussiness access to post anything you want in that section mate

Thank you squire, and posted already.

Spice Boy indeed! :Laugh1:

I have Michael Connelly's The Narrows on my desk right now - its not in your list though

It was donated by Skygod for the kids appeal so you still have to pay if its any good to you LOL

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

i,ve got an ian rankin omnibus i,ll drop it in next time i,m in jontiem ,are you there in the afternoon?

any holes a goal

Just a thought but have you tried the "Thais for Life" bookshop? its in Soi VC off thapayya road at the entrance to The Yensabai condo. there bookes are all 80 baht

Just a thought but have you tried the "Thais for Life" bookshop? its in Soi VC off thapayya road at the entrance to The Yensabai condo. there bookes are all 80 baht

Thanks Biggles, I didn't know about that one. I'll have a look.

Cheers,

Martin.

• 3 weeks later...
Have found four of them for you. Will drop them in in a couple of weeks from now

Jake

Thank you Jake. Are you in Thailand now or are you flying in, in a couple of weeks from now?

Which titles did you get? (So I can delete them from my "wish list")

Cheers,

Martin.

I will be in Bkk for a few days, then arriving in Pattaya on 15th June for a week.

The books are on my desk at work at the moment and I cannot remember the titles but will let you know soon

Jake

Peter James, Host ; Ian Rankin, Strip Jack; and Harlan Coben, Promise me, Darkest fear and Deal Breaker

Jake

Peter James, Host ; Ian Rankin, Strip Jack; and Harlan Coben, Promise me, Darkest fear and Deal Breaker

Jake

Excellent! Many thanks Jake, and I'll see you when you get here!

Cheers,

Martin

Managed to finda few more.

Thomas H Cook – Streets Of Fire

Jeremy Dronfield – Resurrecting Salvador

James Lee Burke – Cimarron Rose

PeterJames – Twilight

PeterJames – Alchemist

PeterJames - Prophecy

Only problem is that you are going to have to wait 7 more weeks til I can drop em off. Have left the list at the second hand bookshop where i got the above, and he'll call me if he gets any others.

Testicles

Managed to finda few more.

Thomas H Cook – Streets Of Fire

Jeremy Dronfield – Resurrecting Salvador

James Lee Burke – Cimarron Rose

PeterJames – Twilight

PeterJames – Alchemist

PeterJames - Prophecy

Only problem is that you are going to have to wait 7 more weeks til I can drop em off. Have left the list at the second hand bookshop where i got the above, and he'll call me if he gets any others.

Shuggy, you are an absolute STAR! Just be careful of the damn weight though..... don't want to be responsible for you spending your mongering time in hospital with a slipped disc!!

Cheers,

Martin.

• 3 months later...

Just want to keep this thread alive folks..... if any of you have any of the titles mentioned I'm more than happy to buy/barter them.

Cheers,

Martin.

• 8 months later...
Just want to keep this thread alive folks..... if any of you have any of the titles mentioned I'm more than happy to buy/barter them.

Cheers,

Martin.

We have a few of them in Canterbury Tales Cafe in Soi Chaiyapoon but they come and go but if you have time pop in and browse, also in our new shop in soi Bauhkow, Book Cafe.

see www.canterburytalescafe.com

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg