Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bungee jump goes wrong

bocelli27

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1218122/Rishi-Bavejas-bungee-jump-accident-Briton-hits-water-80mph-elastic-cord-flies-loose.html

(including the video)

Per the PDN:

British student tourist survives a 50m/165ft bungee jump which went badly wrong, failing to arrest his fall as he hit the water of the Phuket lagoon at 80mph/130kmh). He sustained a ruptured spleen, torn liver, collapsed lungs and massive bruising, spending a month in a Bangkok hospital after the jump on 30 July, 2009.

“I don’t think you’re meant to go down on these kind of things” were Rishi Baveja’s almost fatal last words as he launched himself off into space from the 50m-high platform of the bunjee jump at the Jungle Bungy Centre in Kathu, which also has sites in Pattaya and Chiang Mai. He proved himself right in his assumption as the harness around his feet came free and he continued accelerating until he hit the surface at approximately 80mph/130kmh; an impact equivalent to a car crash. It was only because he managed to absorb the full force of the impact on his chest, that he escaped fatal head injuries. After the accident, Rishi was taken to a Bangkok hospital where he says “All the doctors were staggered that I lived. I'm very lucky. If I had landed head first, I would be brain damaged or dead." His hospital expenses were paid by the Jungle Bungy Centre’s insurance company.

22-year-old Rishi Baveja’s was celebrating his graduation from Cambridge University with a month in Phuket and after reading the ad. for the Jungle Bungy Jump on a Phuket website, including its claim to be 100% safe, decided to go along and try. Jungle Bungy Jump’s owner, Terry Pearce, said Rishi’s was the first accident the company had had in over 140,000 jumps during its 17 years of operation.

"He didn't follow instructions," Pearce said. "He jumped with his feet first, panicked and bicycle-kicked his way out of his harness. In 17 years we've never had anyone jump like that before." Apparently, Jungle Bungy Jump had now changed the material used to wrap the jumper’s legs to a new material. “If someone jumps exactly the way he did, it won’t happen again. I can guarantee that,” Pearce asserted.

Rishi said he didn’t know how the harness had become loose, but he would not be suing the operators because he doesn’t think there is any likelihood of success.

'I knew the jump would be scary but I didn't think it was dangerous. I didn't need to do that jump. I wish I hadn't.'

Despite his horrifying ordeal Rishi is determined to tempt fate once more by going sky diving next!

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

did the nevis bungee in new zealand myself ..

never again :LOL:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I'll have to show my brother this post as he is planning to make a jump during our next trip. I have discouraged him many times to do so as i really am a fan of a long life so i don't bungee or parachute. I rather die during a shagathon than during some dangerous activity!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

>> Despite his horrifying ordeal Rishi is determined to tempt fate once more by going sky diving next! <<

one might be able to argue that the risk of brain damage is minimal.

I thought that might fit to the topic:

Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.

(Benny Hill)

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

It does beg the question of the benefits of a Cambridge education.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

The fellows that do that bungeeing must be mad and imagine leaping off that platform with eight pints of porter in your guts. Sure you would would be spraying the whole area with carrots and stuff all right.

I'd rather look at tits, cunts and arseholes than listen to them!

I did it once in Chang mai through the mob (Jungle bungee) and being a rather large guy, they were taking photos of me as they thought i was the biggest guy ever to do bungee there. This didnt give me alot of confidence in taking the plunge, but did it anyway.

shit happens. ill try it on my next trip if i can get early enough..55555

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

I did it once in Chang mai through the mob (Jungle bungee) and being a rather large guy, they were taking photos of me as they thought i was the biggest guy ever to do bungee there. This didnt give me alot of confidence in taking the plunge, but did it anyway.

Exactly why you would need to force me into the harness and tie me in restraints and throw me over! It just makes logical sense that if the cord breaks, its going to break with me. Seeing how I weigh 3 times the average Thai or 2 times the 'normal' bungee jumper. Better not stand under the jump either, because I'm positive I'll wet myself on the way down! :GoldenSmile1::wub::o

• 9 months later...

I found this thread by accident...heh...heh.

Never realised there was a bungee in Patts so I thought I'd re-hash this thread for any newbies reding this who fancy a go at something a bit different from the usual mongering every day.

Ive inserted the news report about the accident. Worth a look!

[YouTube:T0bwuMe4Ylc]

Edit it didnt work! But its on you tube "Thialand: man slips off 165 foot bungee jump cord"

Edited by Bobdabilda