IGNORED

Cart Food

Some of the tastiest and best value for money food that I have eaten has been off the street carts. A couple of times now I have thrown sausage away as it was raw in the middle when I bit in to it but apart from that I have never had a problem. I enjoy seeing them making and seeing what ingredients are used.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

• 6 months later...

i've gotten food poisoning from cart food once, it was grilled chicken. and several other times from eating in busy restaurants.

just bad luck i guess. diarrhea and fever, the whole shbang.

LOS!

Seeing the food being cooked in front of you could be safer than going into many of the restaurants, you pay your baht and take a chance!

• 5 weeks later...

Hot cart food is ok. I usually look to see where the Thais go. Same with cafes and restaurants. The Thais also chose the cheapest therefore good value for money.

There are many food cart vendors that have won local awards for there food , i know in many places around thailand they hold competitions especially for "som tum ". Many thais will hapily travel to a specific street vendor for the flovor that they so Desire . i have eaten ot street vendors for 10 years and i was sick only one time , i made the mistake of ordering a dish called "hoi tod", it is an omlette with fresh water oysters in it .

I find the food from the carts is very fresh. Never had the squirts but would stay away from the seafood and still cannot stand the bugs. I allways go for the food they cook fresh for you and so far no problems

Arcouk

ARCOUK

never never never had a problem with food i brought off the street............

I'm not travel 6200 miles and spending 12 hours on plane to eat hand burgers and KFC :68:

Dayo...

laab moo off the motobike cart lady that travels around Soi 6... 30 baht amazing so good

i never thought i would eat off the street vendors,but how wrong i was, i ate it every day, was awesome,i used to make sure they cooked the barbecue stuff well most of time, but when the girls got it who knows, but never ill, loved it and i tried everything, paulyd2k