IGNORED

Sunday will be dry

bocelli27

According to the Pattaya Mail:

Sunday, October 4 marks the end of this year’s Buddhist Lent, or Auk Pansaa, celebrated on the full moon night of the eleventh month of the year. The event also marks the “official” end of the rainy season, even although the weather might not necessarily cooperate.

A great number of lay people will be gathering at their local temples to pay their respects, make merit, perform the Tak Bat Dhevo ceremony and place steamed rice wrapped in coconut palm leafs, called “kao tom hang”, into monks’ alms bowls. Other religious ceremonies will also take place at local temples.

Police Colonel Wittaya Yuangyong from the Crime Protection and Suppression Division of Pattaya Police said that since this is a religious holiday, it is against the law to serve alcohol on this day. Restaurants, bars and entertainment venues are allowed to remain open, but must not serve alcohol of any kind on Sunday, October 4, 2009.

Better head off to Tesco now and get the bottles in the fridge.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

In all my time holidaying in Pattaya, at all times of the year, i have never known there to be so many "dry days" as there are lately.

Whether its always been the rule and not enforced, i dont know. But when there WAS a dry day, there were still plenty of beer bars open, if not the go-go bars

Hopefully that will continue, but it seems they are going out of their way to fuck up the tourism trade, once and for all

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

It won't be dry in Kerry though for sure.

I'd rather look at tits, cunts and arseholes than listen to them!

The last time i was in Phuket in febuary their was suppose to be a dry day..Something to do with Buddah

Luckily never happened, pretty much everything was open

What would we possibly do with ourselves....HaHaHa

:Grin_Jump1:

Ah well I'm just back from Mass so just having a quick look here before I make sure Kerry is not dry today all right

I'd rather look at tits, cunts and arseholes than listen to them!

I had heard there was a similar rule for the Kings Birthday in December?

Does anyone know if this is the rule and if so the likelyhood of it being enforced in Patts this year, as it didn't seem to occur last year.

Life's too short!

• 2 weeks later...

I remember a holiday back in Febuary, the locals told us it was "Big Buddha Day", when none of the bars could play music of any kind until midnight. There were a shit ton of BiB on Walking Street enforcing the rule. Pretty sure the faucet was still on tho.

No matter how bad life gets theres always beer.

What's the matter with you guys, can't you go one day without a drink?

Remember your in LOS and there is lots written on this board about respecting their culture.

Dry day didn't happen, as far as I could see (in Pattaya at least)

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

Nope everything was business as usual

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

So far I've been very lucky whenever I've been in Thailand and there's been a dry day I've managed to find a bar(s) that still sells beer :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by blue1878

• 2 weeks later...

I could make it through they day no problem. I might even visit the temple and make merit myself. It couldn't hurt. Might even meet a stunner there too. :GoldenSmile1: