IGNORED

Rapid HIV test kits?

JonnyLongStroke

Dose anyone know where you can buy rapid HIV test kits in Bangkok or Pattaya?

Dose anyone know where you can buy rapid HIV test kits in Bangkok or Pattaya?

Go to a clinic. I know for a fact that Thailand is proactive in encouraging folks to get tested for HIV. The oral swab may not be approved for home care testing but I'm really not sure. There are lab tests available Worldwide that make visiting a clinic easy and worthwhile.

Go to a clinic. I know for a fact that Thailand is proactive in encouraging folks to get tested for HIV. The oral swab may not be approved for home care testing but I'm really not sure. There are lab tests available Worldwide that make visiting a clinic easy and worthwhile.

That’s all well and good but that’s a after the fact kind of thing. I was hoping that I could test her prior to the deed (with condom) without going to a clinic.

I agree with going to a clinic (a reputable one)and that Thailand is proactive with the subject of testing. You can be in and out

of a clinic in under 30 minutes.

You could look at it this way, the only at-home test approved in the U.S. (FDA), is where you send a blood

sample through the mail, overnight, and the next day you get the results emailed to you. I try to research the subject

I am not aware of a FDA approved immediate test (saliva, ect). If the FDA is not approving them in the U.S., guess what level

of reliability you would get in a foreign one?

I might know what you want to do topic of at home testing. If you meet someone @ say 1100pm at night..how to test? There are some places (clinics) open that late. Do the recon of these places and go from there. You will fee better and so wills she...remember though, these tests (ELISA) look for the anti-bodies that show on average at 25 days, but up to 3 months. So if something happened say two weeks ago, it might or might not show...it is just how this test works.

Hope this all helps... :GoldenSmile1:

I agree with going to a clinic (a reputable one)and that Thailand is proactive with the subject of testing. You can be in and out

of a clinic in under 30 minutes.

You could look at it this way, the only at-home test approved in the U.S. (FDA), is where you send a blood

sample through the mail, overnight, and the next day you get the results emailed to you. I try to research the subject

I am not aware of a FDA approved immediate test (saliva, ect). If the FDA is not approving them in the U.S., guess what level

of reliability you would get in a foreign one?

I might know what you want to do topic of at home testing. If you meet someone @ say 1100pm at night..how to test? There are some places (clinics) open that late. Do the recon of these places and go from there. You will fee better and so wills she...remember though, these tests (ELISA) look for the anti-bodies that show on average at 25 days, but up to 3 months. So if something happened say two weeks ago, it might or might not show...it is just how this test works.

Hope this all helps... :GoldenSmile1:

I know the oral swab has been used to test people in Africa and other such places. I know of at least several HIV clinics in the USA that screen with the swab. An ELISA method would require blood and that's ok, but if someone is afraid of needles then the swab can be an alternative.

I know the oral swab has been used to test people in Africa and other such places. I know of at least several HIV clinics in the USA that screen with the swab. An ELISA method would require blood and that's ok, but if someone is afraid of needles then the swab can be an alternative.

You cannot buy rapid test HIV kits over the counter in LOS, but Galaxy Suites above Heavens Above on Soi Diamond personally get supplied by a source from the USA and put a kit in each room - you can buy more from the reception - I did this last year and they were about 250-300 baht each. I looked on the internet and they were apparently the same ones used by clinics here in London too.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

• 10 months later...

You cannot buy rapid test HIV kits over the counter in LOS, but Galaxy Suites above Heavens Above on Soi Diamond personally get supplied by a source from the USA and put a kit in each room - you can buy more from the reception - I did this last year and they were about 250-300 baht each. I looked on the internet and they were apparently the same ones used by clinics here in London too.

wow that was cheap ! ., wounder how reliable this saliva test are . , i hate needles .. time for a check soon again ., I see this test on Ebay for 1000 THB per set . ,

Are they still for sale at Galaxy Suites ? .,

C O L O M B I A 

Are they still for sale at Galaxy Suites ?

They are no longer available. The last time I checked the manager said they would not be getting anymore of them.

They are no longer available. The last time I checked the manager said they would not be getting anymore of them.

To bad that was a good deal . ., Ebay then ! . .

C O L O M B I A 

I know this might not be an answer to what the OP is asking but why not get an antigen PCR RNA test? It sure costs a few thousand bahts and some places might give the answers in up to 3 days but it's accurate as it can be for the first and second week of infection--given you do it once every two weeks.

Here you find some info i found - Home test kits: You can't test yourself for HIV at home. The "Home Access" test kit is only designed to collect a sample of your blood. You send the sample to a laboratory where it is tested for HIV.

Mate, don't risk it just make sure to visit local clinic.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="100" width="200" data="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_1.swf">'>http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_1.swf">

<param name="movie" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_1.swf" />

<param name="base" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/" />

<param name="flashvars" value="

&timer=1&

&time_template=2:ss;1:mm;0:hh&

&time_color=0x000000&

&label_color=0x000000&

&background_color=0xFFFFFF&

&flare_view=true&

&time_label=d:DAY;h:HOUR;m:MIN;s:SEC&

&time_zone=Local time&

&event_time=year:2011;month:5;day:27;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_duration=year:0;month:0;day:0;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_recursion=hourly&

&onpress_url=-&

&event_onpress_url=-&

&title=time to event&

&event_title=event&

&sound_file=-&

&event_sound_file=-&

&transparent=true&

" />

<param name="quality" value="high" />

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

<param name="scale" value="noscale" />

<param name="salign" value="lt" />

</object>

• 10 months later...

Hi,

Have anyone tried this HIV Home Test Kit from the website, www.hivkit.co.uk? I have recently bought the test kit and it got delivered in 2 days. It seems that the accuracy for this test kit is reliable as i found out that the test kits are approved by USAID.

http://www.usaid.gov/our_work/global_health/aids/TechAreas/treatment/hiv_tests.xls

To bad that was a good deal . ., Ebay then ! . .

Things like this make no sense. Not blaming the bar but why not make the saliva swab test an OTC product. HIV infections would go way down.

• 6 months later...

Are these the ones with the lancets drop of blood and 2 drops from a small bottle into a slide? Thanks for that....

oops just seen the post no longer available at Galaxy suites the later post bu hogulut..

Have anyone tried this HIV Home Test Kit from the website, www.hivkit.co.uk? I have recently bought the test kit and it got delivered in 2 days. It seems that the accuracy for this test kit is reliable as i found out that the test kits are approved by USAID.

Used these before...always use a rubber but these do work...I have used them before....from a different provider

Advice is if you see a BG with +ve result be careful what and who you divulge this to...remeber you have to stay in Pattaya and still be safe..

Edited by mapraow