IGNORED

What happened to the recession

halibut99

I was stupidly lulled into complacency by all the posts saying Pattaya was deader than it has ever been. Sadly though, the only hotel I knew enough about to feel comfortable booking for my cherry trip, the Pattaya Bay Resort, is already fully booked for all of October. Where is the damn recession when you need it?

It's been cleard up, well almost just like an STD but can happen again in the future

I was stupidly lulled into complacency by all the posts saying Pattaya was deader than it has ever been. Sadly though, the only hotel I knew enough about to feel comfortable booking for my cherry trip, the Pattaya Bay Resort, is already fully booked for all of October. Where is the damn recession when you need it?

The PBR is very popular mate.

It's almost always fully booked.

Best to book well in advance if you want to stay there.

there are plenty of excellent hotels offering good rates for Oct .. just PBR is so touted on here!!

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Don't you worry, the recession is coming back with a vengeance :ShitHappens1: Just give it 6 months when all the governments have to raise interest rates to provide interest on all those bonds they used as public money.

Its a ticking time bomb, there may be "green shoots" but thats a false warning. Unemployment going up, repos going up, tax returns diminished, leads any sane person to come to the conclusion. Costs = Going Up and Profit going down, and this is before (in the UK) they get rid of 200,000 public sector jobs next year and thats a realistic estimate at this time.

Guess i got lucky, will be at PBR for three weeks in oct and nov.

The PBR is always at high occupancy...I was told during my last stay that they average over 95% year-round...thats why they added the second elevator...which should be nearly complete by now...I always book them at least 3 to 4 months out, and thats during the "off" seasons months of May to October...ya just cant beat their 999 baht rate, plus every 7th night FREE...lowers the rate to under 900baht/night.

LK Ren is a great alternative imho...also many decent places on LK Metro if you are open to a sort of B&B experience.

There are many good choices, but the newer places do seem to charge at least 300-500baht more than the PBR for a similar room.

Good luck, Cheers, Alex

The PBR is very popular mate.

It's almost always fully booked.

Best to book well in advance if you want to stay there.

You are correct sir!

I tried to book Queen Vic, Irish Rovers, Club Blue, Metro Apartments etc. during...

...Songkran, the very definition of low season. :GoldenSmile1:

The popular guest-houses are fully booked year round.

OP check out the hotels. Some are cheap & quite nice.

Peace. :Whistle:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif