Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Which Eastiny?

samjjohn

We're now thinking of moving to one of the eastiny hotels on soi 8, any big difference between them? Eastiny Inn is the cheapest with Eastiny place and Plaza about an extra 60 quid for our stay.

Any big differences? or should we go for the cheapest?

Thanks

Sam

Inn is much older than the other 2 and a smaller pool, Plaza and Place are much the same. You know about soi 8 right? its pretty mad down there ..

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Inn is much older than the other 2 and a smaller pool, Plaza and Place are much the same. You know about soi 8 right? its pretty mad down there ..

LOL, yeah a pretty good idea!! looks much the same as Walking Street. We're still debating about it, might be a bit to mad!!!!

Stayed at Eastiny Plaza 5 nights in September. Had a superior room (1500baht a night) facing soi8. Early evening the music starts and around 10PM I thought the walls were going to crack as all hell break lose. The hotel is like a soundbox which do get silenced around 2 or 3 or 4AM. Its a nice hotel, dont get me wrong here, but i`ve tried it and think I will try something else the next time. Eastiny Place was better having a room on high floor facing second road direction. While consider staying on soi8 you must have one think in mind and that is soi8 and 7 are bar streets. Why I stayed there? I wanted to have a taste of it. Was thinking it was only five nights anyway.

G

Yeah, there is a difference. I cannot remember which one it is, but some do not have internet connections in the room.

If that makes a difference, you need to ask. Not sure the name of the one I used, but it was almost across the street from Cherry I think.... mind playing games with me today....

But there was good food. and the elevators worked well for me. ( important to us older folks with bad knees )

I would say make a quick list of the MUST HAVE's and be sure they hit all the marks. Some will some wont

• 2 months later...

We're now thinking of moving to one of the eastiny hotels on soi 8, any big difference between them? Eastiny Inn is the cheapest with Eastiny place and Plaza about an extra 60 quid for our stay.

Any big differences? or should we go for the cheapest?

Thanks

Sam

Stayed in the Plaza in October and going back there in January. Nice place and couldn't really fault it. I had a Junior Suite that had a nice view of the sea and a good view of Soi7. Noise?....well with the location you gotta live with that, but being a party animal, it never bothered me.

Plus points.....clean, convenient, reasonable price, cleaners will go the extra yard with regard to laundry etc. if you remember to tip! Rot the bellboy guy always eager to help with anything you may need, the guy is a walking pharmacy!! Not that I needed that sort of thing, but he is also a mine of information and knows a lot of ladies with varying tastes! There's one very pretty waitress works there who's on my hit list for next month....according to Rot she is VERY friendly....just sorry I never had the time to get round to her last time!

Negative points....Grumpy, non smiling reception staff. Asked to change a 100 baht note once for baht bus fares and the way they looked at me you'd think I'd asked to shag their asses!!

Anyway, enjoy! I will write a report about the place when I return in February.

Cheers,

FlipperSoi8

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at the Eastiny Inn last week. I just posted a mini review. Overall, decent, not great, but cheap enough. If I had it to do over, I think that the Eastiny Plaza and Eastiny Place are probably better, for slightly more money.

In general, at this price point, I prefer the Sabai Inn on Soi 2, but you will be much more dependent upon the Baht Buses if you stay there - which is not a problem for me at all.