IGNORED

Dental Recommendation?

lostagain

He is the thing folks. My Dentist here says $15k and 6 months. OK I grant you my teeth are rotten (they always have been despite the amount of gold and money invested). Basically I need crowns removed, cavities filled, new crowns and a bridge. Seems that there are as many Dentists as there are Bar Girls in Pattaya. Most of them seem to specialize in cosmetics (whitening, veneers, etc). Also I note that several internet site indicate the Pattaya clinics outsource their lab work to Bangkok.

The question has been asked and answered several times in this forum but not recently.

Anyone care to recommend a good dentist or a clinic that actually has their a dental lab in Pattaya ??

Anyone have any recent good experiences (dental not gogogbar) that they would care to relate ??

Thanks for any information.

He is the thing folks. My Dentist here says $15k and 6 months. OK I grant you my teeth are rotten (they always have been despite the amount of gold and money invested). Basically I need crowns removed, cavities filled, new crowns and a bridge. Seems that there are as many Dentists as there are Bar Girls in Pattaya. Most of them seem to specialize in cosmetics (whitening, veneers, etc). Also I note that several internet site indicate the Pattaya clinics outsource their lab work to Bangkok.

The question has been asked and answered several times in this forum but not recently.

Anyone care to recommend a good dentist or a clinic that actually has their a dental lab in Pattaya ??

Anyone have any recent good experiences (dental not gogogbar) that they would care to relate ??

You might be better off going to the dental dept of one of the hospitals. Pattaya International Hospital has a Dr Aree that some people swear by. As you have noticed there are dental facilities on nearly every street corner. Too many for my liking !!!! Notice they call themselves <ahem> dental centres, or suchlike and NEVER "dentists"? I wonder why ??

There are 4 main things i dont trust at all in Pattaya (apart from the usual suspects) and those are all to do with my health and wellbeing. Dentists, optical places (again, notice few if any refer to themselves as "optitians"?) clinics and pharmacies.

I am NOT saying they all sell snake oil and are all out to make a fast buck and to hell with any ethics, but, there are just too many of them there for my liking. I only got one set of teeth, one pair of eyes, and one body. I aint going to trust just anyone to look after them.

You will, no doubt get lots of other recomendations, and people telling you horror stories about PIH and others, but MY advice is go with a hospital DENTIST. That, or get it done at home. If your teeth are bad, you might find the cost saving isnt as great as you think it will be in Pattaya, as opposed to getting them seen to in your home country. Especially when it comes to things like implants etc.

Hedonist

Edited by hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Same picture here. While I have good and reliable references from friends for BKK, I have none for Pattaya where I will be this time.

Reading through a bunch of posts on a bunch of forums, Dr. Aree's name keeps coming up with good and credible references. So Pattaya International Hospital is the first one on my list to check upon arrival. My second one on the list is German Dental Co.,Ltd on Tappraya Rd because they have a lab on premise that also does work for European dentists and the comments I have read look good as well.

While I am collecting as much info as possible before hand, I want to check each one myself before making a decision.

I dont know of any dentistry paces in pattaya that do their own lab work.

At Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, I have been charged baht 1,000 for 15 seconds (literally) of work to have a chipped tooth smoothed over !.

I used a Pattaya Dental Center to get a crown with root canal. What a balls up!

After 2 visits 2 courses of anti biotics, I decided to go to Vejthani hospital on Latphrao in Bangkok to have the infection resolved and the work done. MOST EXCELENT. Used teh dental clinic there before when I lived in Bkk.

As I had gotten a bone infection from teh Pattaya dentist I need treatment to clear that up first. I was seen by 3 types of expert to repair the Pattaya infection and then another for the root canal, and another for the crown. I was impressed by the fact that on the initial visit I was looked at - but not charged for - another expert the evaluate the bone infection.

The finished job looks good and settled in after 6 months.

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.

Thanks to all. I am leaning toward Pattaya International Hospital and Dr Aree as she seems to have many high recommendations and few detractors.

I will say one thing about their web site (http://www.pih-inter.com/): It is agonizing slow and extremely difficult to get useful information from. If their web developer worked for me then he/she would no longer be employed.

Thanks to all. I am leaning toward Pattaya International Hospital and Dr Aree as she seems to have many high recommendations and few detractors.

I will say one thing about their web site (http://www.pih-inter.com/): It is agonizing slow and extremely difficult to get useful information from. If their web developer worked for me then he/she would no longer be employed.

What I so much enjoy about this site, the good, solid information from it's members. It is clear that even in a certain state of mind we all here keep our eyes, and senses, open around Pattaya.

I agree, go to one of the hospitals. Pattaya International could invest in a new web design, but it is a good hospital for routine things ( I have been there a few times). When I was at Bangkok/Pattaya hospital for tendinitis, I saw the dental wing, but did not visit it, it look (as does the hospital) great. If you go to Bangkok Hospital/Bangkok website or that of Bumrungrad Hospital you can actually see the bio's of the doctor's (but that is travel to Bangkok for treatment). The bio's are a plus for the patient and it shows a level of professionalism.

Wish you the best and a great smile,

D. :FunnyShit1:

Consider Bangkok Hospital Rayong. It is an hour and fifteen minutes by car from Pattaya. Excellent work at a reasonable price. hotels in Rayong are also reasonable. I would never have my teeth worked on in Pattaya ....too many unknowns, Bangkok is also an alternative

El Diablo nunca duerme

Consider Bangkok Hospital Rayong. It is an hour and fifteen minutes by car from Pattaya. Excellent work at a reasonable price. Hotels in Rayong are also reasonable. I would never have my teeth worked on in Pattaya ....too many unknowns, Bangkok is also an alternative

Thank you Rucus.

I have not received a response to my emails to the Pattaya International Hospital. I did receive a very prompt and informative answer from Bangkok Smile Clinic. They also have a their own in house lab with a unique service where by crowns and bridges are made via cad/cam machining process rather than the more traditional metal casting process. I awaiting one reply regards the number of days required and working on logistics. So it looks like I may be spending my "dental vacation" in Bangkok.

I have been going to the Central Pattaya Dental Center on each visit (3 times in 2 years). I have had five crowns and all my fillings replaced. I plan on going again on my next trip. I recommend them.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the dentist on Soi 8, think it is called Sunbeam. I can't tell you where their lab is but I do remember that they was very professional, very clean, spoke relly good English, seemed to be really cheap (although only have one Thai dentist to compare it to, in Chiang Mai) and did a very good job. They put me a new crown in and filled in chip in another touth but only charged for the crown and did the filling for free. I was really pleased with the result and would certainly recomend it.

Bit of a before & after shot, excuse the drunken eyes haha.

2339821830a3465299833b838274571l.jpg

2339821830a3465340486b288536843l.jpg

Hope this helps, good luck.

Addicts be brown-nosing these hoes and shit; takin' bitches out to eat, and spendin' money on these hoes....
I treat a bitch like 7-Up I never have I never will!

I did get a reply Pattaya International Hospital by writing Dr. Aree directly. She advised that she would not be able to get the amount work done that I needed in the time available. She seems like a very nice lady and a good dentist.

I will go to Bangkok as they can do the work in shorter time in part because the lab is local.

Thanks to all for the input.

Best of luck with your work.

It's a good sign that the dentist replied she didn't have sufficient time.

This signals professionalism and interest in your oral health; not a fast buck.

To save time on your arrival (if you haven't already done so), I'd recommend to email your xrays so they can confirm the work you require is necessary, possible, and able to be performed within your time constraint. Cheers.

Chilled, neither shaken or stirred.

Sadly, all the good work have heard about or had done has been in BKK.

Found a great dentist in BKK who was educated in the States. Another Thai dentist recommended him as what I required was above the locally educated dentist's capabilities. Thankfully he admitted it and passed me on.

The new dentist reworked what I had done in Pattaya and more. I am extremely happy with the end result and plan for him to do a bit more.

Have sent 3 friends there as well all with great success.

Can supply details should you decide BKK is a better option.

Good luck with whomever you choose.

To save time on your arrival (if you haven't already done so), I'd recommend to email your xrays so they can confirm the work you require is necessary, possible, and able to be performed within your time constraint. Cheers.

Done that ... actually I requested they send all my dental records.

Would they take my US insurance or is it so much cheaper that insurance isn't necessary?

Do not know ... I do not have nearly enough dental to cover my work (cap=$1000/yr). I am pretty sure it will be considered "out of network". I will file a claim when I get back and take what I can get.

Has anyone had a new set of false teeth made in pattaya and how much, I due for a new set top and bottom :)