IGNORED

Buying a laptop in Pattaya?

fostraswift

anyone baught a laptop in pats?..would it much cheaper that buying it in europe

need to buy a fairly high spec machine shortly, looking at a dell precision M6400 at €2250

would it be cheaper to buy something in tuckom when i'm over at xmas?

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Unlikely to be cheaper at all - high end electronics are surprisingly expensive in Thailand.

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

Computers, like cell phones, are more expensive in Thailand.

I cant speak for the rest of Europe but UK is MUCH cheaper.

If you do have to buy in Thailand try Pantip in Bangkok for better prices.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Unlikely to be cheaper at all - high end electronics are surprisingly expensive in Thailand.

Computers, like cell phones, are more expensive in Thailand.

I cant speak for the rest of Europe but UK is MUCH cheaper.

If you do have to buy in Thailand try Pantip in Bangkok for better prices.

thanks guys :Blow_Up:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

You will undoubtedly find something cheaper in Tukcom - trouble is 'will you really know what you're getting ?'. There are no bargains in electronics in Thailand - PCs, cameras, etc are all cheaper at home. They regularly come with fake software including the operating system and another scam is with components being 'swapped-out' for poor quality or 2nd-hand gear. Your warranty will be virtually worthless too...especially when you get it out of the country, let alone if you take it back to sort the problem out. I would say that the UK is quite competitive for your sort of purchase at the moment - play it smart / safe...buy before you go.

Edited by Slacker

Good advice here.

I looked into this same thing a while back.

Computers are not cheap in thailand.

And all electronics in pattaya are more expensive, including TUKCOM.

BKK is your best bet.

But personally i'd buy back home.

In Thailand the average shop laptops are pretty low spec, and the more powerfull stuff is midrange buisness laptops. High end gaming spec machines are hard to find.

bought a hp laptop in UK in february same model when priced up in Pattaya was £300 more than I paid in the UK, also heard that euro computers have better spec and quality of parts

Buying in home country is the way to go. Buying in Thailand is more expensive, warranty is compromised, keyboard probably has english and Thai(confusing) and you may get tampered with product.

I would say "Nay"!

You might find yourself having a hard time if something goes wrong with your computer.

Maybe they might not hold up your warranty. I think it would be better to buy from your home country!

Good luck!

Definitely not Pattaya. pantip in bangkok if you must

Best place in Aisa for laptops, etc is malaysia. Very good prices and no dodgy insides. Most of the top brands are made there

Check online for prices it might be worth your while having a one night stopover

I bought a Sony Vaio for a friend recently and it was half price to Oz and close to half of singapore prices

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

• 1 month later...

Home is always best - warranties are easier to manipulate - but having said that I have always had excellent luck in HK - there are some incredible deals out there - even before the States.

KL might be a plot also. Forget BKK

Jack