Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Good places to eat - Chaing Mai

jonthai

• 3 months later...

Will be heading up to Chaing Mai shortly,can anyone recommend any good places to eat?

The Sunday night market at the temple near the thapae gate inside the old city area. Cheap and excellent quality. Local, Indian etc stuff available. Local stuff themselves there, you cant go wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Will be heading up to Chaing Mai shortly,can anyone recommend any good places to eat?

Why a different forum? just insert it to the PA subjects! When will it be launched???

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

• 2 weeks later...

Liams Belgium Restaurant :001_Thank_You5:

Best meatballs of Thailand!

Ah ah that sounds great. With tomato sauce???? Is it Liams suam dok mai guesthouse where this restaurant is??? In the middle of CM centre with google maps???

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Yes, with tomato sauce. Liam is a great cook.

Somewhere into the red circle.

Could be a little down too. If i'm in Chiang Mai i know how to find it. But streetnames do not say me anything, sorry. You gotta search a little. Maybe this helps; the restaurtant is at the same street as Top North Guesthouse (not top north hotel)

kaart.png

Edited by TheLostShark

Thanks now i know where to go for a lovely meal! It's in the street at this location http://www.mapjack.com/?mvXyUUVeacGF

But it isn't this one http://www.liamsuandokmai.com/page.php?id_mnu=99 as it is situated a little north of Chiangmai centre!

Edited by themosch

Riverside Restaurant - very popular with Thai and falang

Great food, good variety of booze and decent entertainment you can also walk to the night bazzar from here.

Have been many times and will always go back!!!!

Thanks now i know where to go for a lovely meal! It's in the street at this location http://www.mapjack.com/?mvXyUUVeacGF

But it isn't this one http://www.liamsuandokmai.com/page.php?id_mnu=99 as it is situated a little north of Chiangmai centre!

No it isnt that one. I start in a diffrent soi when I go there. But if you walk down the street of top north guest house you cannot miss it. Theres a huge sign with Liam on it and a Belgium flag.

• 2 weeks later...

No it isnt that one. I start in a diffrent soi when I go there. But if you walk down the street of top north guest house you cannot miss it. Theres a huge sign with Liam on it and a Belgium flag.

The soi that you mean is it this location? http://www.mapjack.com/?MBZyUKaeac7E

Anyway i will check it out next month and remember the location for my TR!

Edited by themosch

• 2 months later...

Riverside and Goodview restaurants are nice and both overlook the river as the names suggest. Plenty of cheaper and nice places in Chiang Mai land, some of which are particularly good if you have a large group. I forget the name of the restaurant, when last there at Christmas we had 14 people, table full of food and a bottle of wiskye was only 1800 Baht. Some very nice and more expensive restaurants on nimmanhemin road.

One place I found is Art Cafe. Great food. Also one or two others but I can't remember the names right now. Oh! Wait I think one of them is Named Geckos. They have a great all you can eat American Dinner on Sundays at 6:00 PM. It's a must for me when I'm there.

• 2 weeks later...

Riverside the food is excellent and a live band every night, very popular but pricey for CM and often crowded, house steak with chips ....... 270bht, all the food very good Thai or western

Goodview, next to Riverside, much bigger, same prices but totally crap food and service.

Liams Belgium restaurant, not a restaurant, it's really a bar with an OK pool table, 1 cute working girl and a few older mingers that would have to pay you, but everyone friendly, Moonmuang Soy 2

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

i can recomend aroon rai almost opposite tapae gate dead scruffy plastic plates etc but the food is excellent.

Try tsunami's. The best sushi in Chiangmia, I think. As your going to the central plaza (if it;s on your left) continue down the street for @ 2 miles. Next to a 7-11 there it will be. It's not that big but it's always packed. Not that cheap but well worth the price.

• 4 months later...

There is a restaurant called Xanadu on the top floor of the Furama hotel (huay kaew rd.) great view of Chiang Mai, has live band as well.

They used to run really great drinking promotions there, but I'm not sure if those promotions still exist. They also have a telescope so you can look at Doi Suthep from their roof.

• 1 month later...

For Thai food, I would recommend "Lemongrass", a restaurant located on Loi Kroh, about 50m away from the McDo/Burger King (night market), when leaving the city...

Very reasonable prices, great service and exceptional food!

Closed on Sunday.

On Sunday, just try some street food at the Sunday Market!

Edited by Blake1

• 2 months later...

for farang food i would say "the dukes"... thai food i think it's called galae it's on doi suthep road going up the hill a little... good food and nice place to eat...

Edited by mangkut

• 2 weeks later...

these are one of the best resto's in CM

info by expacts in CM

-----------------

Chiang mai restaurants

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1.. Moo C Moo L, Huai Kaeo Rd (tussen Nimman Hemin rd. en CMU).

MO'C MO'L: 233 Huaykaew Rd., Sutep, Maung, Chiang Mai, 20200

2.. Banana Tree, nieuw restaurant op highway 121 (het stuk tussen Huai Kaeo Rd en de weg naar Samoeng).

Prachtig restaurant met live band in 2 verdiepen. Schitterend zicht op doi suthep. Heel goede keuken en leuke bar.

Comment: Great authentic Thai food as well as a comprehensive European selection, one can find the complete dining experience here. With a modest wine list, diverse range of cocktails and music provided by live bands, it makes a great night out. Seating for 200 and lots of parking.

Address: Irrigation Canal Rd. before Best Western hotel

3.The Roomjai Kai Yang restaurant is a Chiang Mai institution and certainly our favourite Isaan (northeastern Thai/Lao) spot in town. It's not haute cuisine but rather simple, rustic dishes with plenty of intense flavours from the liberal use of herbs and spices. This is the spot for spicy salads and vegetable dishes of, for example, bamboo shoots, green papaya and green mango, to accompany grilled meats with fiery dipping sauces. This is not the place if you've a low tolerance for chillies, and don't try asking for a glass of wine to go with your meal - Isaan food is made for iced cold beer!

As we said it's well known in Chiang Mai, so tuk tuk drivers should know how to get to Ruam-Chai-Gai-Yang. Location is around 100m from Chiang Mai Ram Hospital, next to a 7-Eleven on Boonrueang Rd. (See map.)

Open daily, 09:00-22:00, or earlier if the food's sold out. Closed on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month.

4.Lemongrass, Chiang Mai

5.Andaman Seafood, Chiang Mai

Feel the beach in Chiang Mai with a great selection of daily fresh fish and seafood at reasonable prices.

Tel: 086-685 7808, 081-751 5308

Open daily 17.00 - 24.00

6.Huen Kha Chao Restaurant...

Huen Pen Restaurant

Address

112 Rachamankha Rd, Chiang Mai

Phone

05381-4548

Citaat

Huen Pen remains the best local restaurant - which also caters to westerners (by having an English language menu)

Citaat

New York Times Review

True fans of northern Thai cuisine — which incorporates Burmese and Chinese spices, and is lighter than southern Thai cooking — congregate at this classic restaurant. Its cramped tables are packed with taxi drivers who dig into heaps of steaming curries and fiery salads. Have the khao soi, a delicious mix of creamy curry, crispy egg noodles, slices of pickled cabbage and bits of shallot and lime.

8.The Good View Restaurant

THE GOOD VIEW BAR & RESTAURANT CHIANG MAI

ร้านเดอะ กู๊ดวิว บาร์แอนด์ เรสเทอรอง เชียงใหม่

13 ถ.เจริญราษฏร์ ต.วัดเกตุ อ.เมือง เชียงใหม่ 50000

13 CHAROEN RAJ RD., WATGATE , MUANG

CHIANG MAI THAILAND 50000

Tel. 66 53 302764 , 66 53 241866

Fax. 66 53 302764

Email : [email protected]

9.The Night Bazaar Restaurants

Where and What to Eat in The Night Bazaar

For mid-spree snacking there are plenty of restaurants and bars in the vicinity where you can take a load off and review your purchases. Just off the main street you will find a delightful selection of Thai seafood and noodle restaurants, while Loi Khro Road just east of Chang Khlan Road (towards the river) has a number of international restaurants and pubs. If you need your fix of western comfort you'll find a Subway, a McDonald's and a Starbucks on the main strip. Also in the area are numerous other useful services such as travel agents, internet cafés, mobile phone shops and camera shops.

Anusarn Food Court

Situated behind the Night Market, we have the Anusarn Food Court offering a range of fare which is for the most part, freshly made to order. Expect a high concentration of fresh seafood eateries, with fish on ice or tanks on display outside. (tourist traps of niet ?) Although the food court is a little more expensive than your typical Thai street food, a meal here is still relatively inexpensive.

Khun mor cuisine

12. Palaad Tawanron

Type of Cuisine: Thai / Isan Cuisine

Address:

100 Huay Kaew Rd,

Suthep, Chiang Mai 50200

Telephone: +66(0)53 216039

Email: [email protected]

Price: Dinner for two, less wine, under 1,000 baht.

A : resto

5bc23fbaa550c_thaibox.gif.69fcc04145d2d7dc5a09f5db98e051d2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

A suggestion for those who want to both eat well and be near the action - well, action as far as Chiang Mai goes, anyway! Mario's French/international restaurant near the moat end of Loi Kroh is very good, often pretty full so it's wise to pre-book just in case. Mario has just returned to action after a nasty accident, broken leg I think, but he was spotted hopping into the restaurant on his crutches a couple of weeks ago, so all systems go again :).

Edited by Wedders

The Riverside is a great place to eat. Just by the Thapae Gate - it great Thai food and Japanese and the proces are very reasonable - theres a live band playoing most nights. I recommend this place.

Another place I haven't seen mentioned yet is Diablos. Next to Mikes Burgers (which is at the corner of Chang Moi and the moat) and serves up big portions of Mexican food, as well as free chips.

The Riverside is a great place to eat. Just by the Thapae Gate - it great Thai food and Japanese and the proces are very reasonable - theres a live band playoing most nights. I recommend this place.

?? The Riverside is nowhere near Thapae Gate. It's about a mile away, on the far side of the Ping River.

print-map.gif

Edited by Wedders

Cat House on Sirimangkaljarn 3 near Kad Suan Kaew. The food is excellent, and Jackie, the Thai woman who owns it, is a fine piece of work. Beer, wine and cocktails. Indoor and outdoor seating. Mixed clientele. Near many Nimmanhaemin night spots, including the Monkey Bar.