IGNORED

Golden Crab

ichy2

Hello all:

I am looking for info on the Golden Crab on Soi 13. I tried the search function on this board, but either I'm doing it wrong or there is no info on this place as of yet.

Has anyone stayed at this hotel/apartment house? I've contacted the manager and been quoted 1200 baht per night (approx from a weekly rate). The location for me is great, but is it worth the money?

Thanks in advance!

Hello all:

I am looking for info on the Golden Crab on Soi 13. I tried the search function on this board, but either I'm doing it wrong or there is no info on this place as of yet.

Has anyone stayed at this hotel/apartment house? I've contacted the manager and been quoted 1200 baht per night (approx from a weekly rate). The location for me is great, but is it worth the money?

Thanks in advance!

It's usually booked solid with long term expats so I'm surprised to hear about a daily rate. I know a guy who stays there every year for the winter and it's mostly for the location. The rooms are nice enough and it is well managed from what I have been told. Even if you don't stay there, be sure to pick up an information sheet they give out as it is quite hilarious. My favourite rule is "we don't cater to homosexuals and respectfully request that they go somewhere where their needs are understood"

For that location and the relatively short stay you should look at the AA Residence(1100bht/night and free bfast, good pool) or Sandy Springs, or Whitehouse Condotel. The Dynasty is nice but they jacked up their prices and the pool is tiny.

I had a look at them last year, have not stayed there but nice 1 bed apartments with kitchen with pool. I think they were quoting 20/22000 a mnth plus electric, good location and nice.

• 2 months later...

The Golden Crab is a great place.

I always share a 2 bedroom apartment there with my friend. PM me, if you have Q's about the place?

Lestat

Free today - Pay tomorrow

• 11 months later...