IGNORED

UFC 104 fight predictions

bangkok_bandit

The current light heavyweight champ Lyoto Machida looked so good in his last fight when he KO'd Rashad Evans. His current level of conditioning is superb and his undefeated resume includes wins over big names such as Rich Franklin, Thiago Silva, and BJ Penn not to mention that he is one of the only decent candidates to fight Anderson Silva as Silva has now moved up to light heavyweight (aside from GSP if he moves up and if Anderson goes back down to middleweight) His Karate skills make him a deadly and acurate striker and he is good at keeping the fight on his feet. That being said Shogun Rua is coming back from injury and although he lost his last fight to Forest Griffen he is now more fully healed. He as KO'd Rampage Jackson, Lidell, Coleman and has good stand up and striking abilities as well. Not sure he will have enough in the gas tank to go multiple rounds with Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida and be able to break The Dragon's win streak. My pic: Lyoto Machida over Shogun Hua by unanimous decision.

Look for heavyweight Cain Valasquez to defeat Ben Rothwell by KO in the 2nd round as I feel Valasquez is on his way to fight Brock Lesner and he is a very powerful striker with KO ability and is a good wrestler as well.

Lightweight bout Joe "Daddy" Stevenson vs Spencer Fisher should be interesting as we all know Spencer Fisher has an iron chin and can take rounds and rounds of beatings (remember the fight vs Sam Stout?) and dish out a good beating on his opponents also. The deciding factor in this fight might be that Joe Stevenson has some sick submissions including the Guillotine choke. I call Stevenson over Fisher via 3rd round submission.

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson vs Yoshiyuki Yoshida will be a great fight and could go either way as Yoshida has many wins by TKO and can knock dudes out. He also has decent submissions but look for Rumble to win this fight via KO. Remember when Josh Koscheck knocked out Yoshida. This could happen again.

All and all it should be another fantastic UFC line up and I look forward to it on Saturday, October 24th at the Staples center in California.

lyoto the dragon k.o.'s the shogun in round 2..... 105 prdiction bj penn chokes out diego sanchez

they call me mr. botolo always down to represent the 808

I think you're on point with those predictions..

I'm laying some money on shogun though because he's a 3-1 underdog at the moment and I think it's a good bet.

In the PRIDE days, shogun was the man and while his performances in the UFC have been sub-par, it's been due to his level of conditioning.

He had knee surgery and by now I'm sure he's back into full stride with his training and an in-shape, hungry shogun is the man.

So, I'll go against the grain and pick shogun for the win in that one.

I agree that Cain is going to be a little too much for Rothwell. While he's less experienced, I think his wrestling skill will carry him through the fight as it did against Congo. So Cain via takedown and control for 3 rounds ..

And speaking of the UFC, where's the best place to watch in Pattaya? .. I know there's a time difference but if any bars are playing it live, I'd like to know..

Just sick of hating to watch it on my laptop the next morning..

i know i will be in pattay when bj penn fights and paqiou fights cotto?? any suggestions??

Yes I agree Shogun is a decent bet because he is around +300 to +325 which is good odds considering his track record in Pride. As for watching in Pattaya Im not too sure for this one but check with some of the foreign run bars or restaurants. I have seen big boxing fights at Rosie O'Gradys Irish bar before.

I agree it sucks watching on the computer the day after :001_Thank_You5:

will do.. gotta check around especially boxing this will be a big one

Did anyone see Kimbo slice fight Roy "Big Country" on last nights UFC Ultimate fighter reality show? It was sad because Kimbo has been working so hard but Big Country just got on top of him with his huge belly got Kimbo in a crusifix position and slapped his skull for a while and the ref had no choice but to call the fight (according to the rules if a fighter cannot defend himself the fight is over)

Kimbo deserves another chance !

Kimbo was unhurt but really has a long way to go to be competitive. Big Country better keep away from Lesnar, as he would be spanked like a child. I'm waiting to see how the house turns out as there are some good athletes, but few who have skills.

Edited by cheang

• 3 weeks later...

Would REALLY like to find a good place to watch this fight here in Pattaya. If worse comes to worse I'll try and get my friend at Hongsa Bar/Restaurant in Jomtien to show the fight even if I have to pay for it.