Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Money problems lead to Englishman attempting suicide in his Jomtien Home.

LaaMok

Tuesday 22nd September 2009

Money problems lead to Englishman attempting suicide in his Jomtien Home.

Pattaya, September 22 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : On Tuesday Afternoon, Police and rescue services were called to a house at the Egmongkol Village 8 on the Tepprasit Road in Jomtien to assist an English Resident who had apparently attempted suicide. Mr. Robert Mark Bailey aged 51 from England was found lying on his bed and was foaming at the mouth after ingesting a glass of milk which had been laced with mosquito repellant and some unknown tablets. The man initially refused medical treatment and his attempted suicide was confirmed following the discovery of a note which stated that “Things have got to the last option” and “I have no money and cannot borrow any, so I can’t get back to England”. Police spoke with Khun Mantanna aged 32, the house owner who had come to collect rent from Mr. Bailey. He claimed that she would have to come back as he was waiting for his friend to pay back 40,000 Baht that he was owed. 15 minutes later, neighbors heard a commotion inside the house and called the Police who found Mr. Bailey in a semi-conscious state on his bed. Eventually Mr. Bailey was taken to Hospital and the British Embassy in Bangkok were made aware of the case.

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/september/news_22_09_52_2.shtml

Poor man, another one who didn't do his math.

Poor man, another one who didn't do his math.

...or let a bar girl do the maths for him

Lots of men goes to Pattaya for the last throw of dice on their lives such like Las Vegas, end up killing themselves when the cash ran out.... I think Las Vegas is similar to Pattaya where the desperate men goes for a final fling on their lives before jumping off the condos...terrible waste of life, Sad isn't... I do plan to go to Pattaya for retirements but you need a large solid golden nest egg to see your life throughout... As many similar stories on this forum reckon 70,000 bahts monthy is plenty for living in Pattaya.... That nearly a million bahts a year, sounds alot.... So you gotta expects to live up to 80s, that 27 million bahts if you move on 50yrs old... Phew a lot lot of money....When we read a lot of men jumping off the condo is mainly on money problems with relationship problems coming second and thirdly health problems...,I know We all only live once....But Hey, Be careful guys who plan to live there in future...