IGNORED

Big Trouble in Sporting Thailand Part 1

bocelli27

Breaking news on the football front, courtesy of the Pattaye Daily News.

The man with a consistently disastrous management record is set to take over.

ROBSON CLOSES TO THE FINAL DEAL FOR THAILAND COACH

“If everything is ok , I will sign the contract” Robson closes to the final deal for Thailand Coach

Bangkok , Sep 22 ,09. Former England captain Bryan Robson said Tuesday he was likely to take the job as Thailand's national team coach after flying in for talks with the Football Association of Thailand. He will set to be confirmed and signing the contract on Wednesday 23, Sep.09 following talks in Bangkok.

Robson is in line to replace former England team-mate Peter Reid after the former Sunderland boss returned to the Premier League as No 2 to Tony Pulis at Stoke. Asked if he had agreed to take the job, Robson told a press conference in Bangkok on Tuesday: "No, but it's looking pretty good".

"What we will discuss is the commitment that is involved for the national team and the timescale for that because of the commitments that I have in England with Manchester United."

The former Manchester United midfielder currently works as the club's global ambassador but says he can juggle the two roles and wants that to continue .

"As everybody knows, I'm the global ambassador for Manchester United, but I do sort of miss the hands-on, the coaching players. I think that I am comfortable that I can do both and do them well. The Thai Football Association is comfortable with that as well. On the final negotiation, if everything is ok , I can sign the contract on tomorrow (Sep.23,09) " he added.

"Thailand have a great chance of qualifying for the Asian Cup. I have spoken to Peter Reid and he really enjoyed the one year that he spent here" he added. Robson would replace Peter Reid who stepped down earlier this month after only a year into a four-year contract.

Thai Football Association president, Worawi Makudi said he was confident the two sides would soon reach an agreement. there would be another press conference after further talks with Robson.

"We've offered him the job," Worawi said. "I'm 99 percent sure that we will have Robson, but the details have to be worked out."

Thailand have made a steady start to their qualifying campaign for the 2011 Asian Cup in Qatar after securing draws against Jordan and Iran.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

Even worse news has come in - he has accepted a 4 year contract believed to be for £600.000 per annum. Not bad work if you can get it in 'Troubled Thailand'

However, his management skills have immediately come to the fore:

"Peter (Reid)told me that he enjoyed working here. There are some good players. He said I need to get them organized. If we get them organized, then it will be a good team and have a good chance of reaching the Asian Cup finals." Robson added

He said Thai players were skilful and dedicated. "I am looking forward to working with the players and I hope they will enjoy working with me.

"I got a list of players which are mainly their nicknames. Over the next two weeks I will have to study and make sure that I know all the players' names which is very important. When I come back here, I'll try to watch as many Thai league games as I can," he said.

I don't think many of us would have picked up on all that so quickly.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men