IGNORED

Rayong Province

Braveheart

Rayong province (Thai: ระยอง) is a province (changwat) of Thailand.

Rayong Forum

The local people still remember that King Taksin (of Thailand) came to Rayong after the fall of Ayutthaya. During a short stay in Rayong he built a navy, and then went on to Chantaburi to collect his arms to fight back against the Burmese. There is a shrine in Rayong where local people pay respects to Taksin.

Although the north is hilly, the province consists mostly of low coastal plains. Several islands in the Gulf of Thailand belong to the province, including the two popular tourist destinations, Ko Samet and Ko Mun.

The seal of the province shows the island Ko Samet. The provincial tree is Alexandrian laurel (Calophyllum inophyllum).

The province is subdivided in 6 districts (Amphoe) and two minor districts (King Amphoe). These are further subdivided into 58 communes (tambon) and 388 villages (muban).

Extracted from Wikipedia: Rayong Province

• 10 months later...

Hello lads. my girl is from Rayong. is it a nice place to visit, i dont mean the island but the ara in general?

Next time i am over i might go down for a few days so any info will be apreciated...........

Hello lads. my girl is from Rayong. is it a nice place to visit, i dont mean the island but the ara in general?

Next time i am over i might go down for a few days so any info will be apreciated...........

Hallo Q,

Take a look at my homepage about Rayong,

Rayong Info

I live in Rayong.

13951395.jpg

Rayong Info

Guide to Koh Samet and Rayong, Thailand

Nearest Pier to Paradise

If anyone would like to see a real Thai beach - take a drive to Haad Mae Pim. From Bangkok you drive down the 344 highway to the end & turn right.

From Jomtien you go past Sattahip Rayong & Mattaphut.

At the top end of the beach is commercial - looks like the cluster fuck on Jomtien. After maybe one kilometer there are NO UMBRELLAS no chairs & no hawkers. There are public showers right on the beach. (Free).

I would suggest you go now because the history here tells us they will fuck the shit out of this beach too - as soon as possible.

I might buy a house down there for use on the weekends.

Bryan - the 344 is where we will take the big bikes. A run up to Chon Buri is maybe an hour - this used to be a pool table smooth road - now there are rough patches. Bike will be parked before dark.

At the mo they are building heaps more seafood resturants - just like the existing ones. We could film a series here. Greed gone wild. Think it will sell?

Sor beach in Sattahip where Andy took me is nice too - but small. Perfect for week days. Free toilets - free showers - you can buy coke ice & beer.

Rayong is a very large province. The city of Rayong has a population of 800,000 people and it has the highest per capita income in Thailand. Spent some time there yesterday. One of the bigger cities in Thailand, with lots to do.

Read more about the adventures of zaphodbeeblebrox in Rayong at www.zaphod.pattaya-blogs.com

Rayong is a very large province. The city of Rayong has a population of 800,000 people and it has the highest per capita income in Thailand. Spent some time there yesterday. One of the bigger cities in Thailand, with lots to do.

Cheers mate. It's better to hear it from the horses mouth. I am not realy a beach person so i like to be kept busy. I had heard that it is a better off place compared to a lot of the country.

Yeah too bad they decided to cram it full of refineries plastc plants etc.

• 7 months later...

I have lived in Rayong for 12 years and love it - despite the oil refineries. The cost of living here so so low and there's a lot of money to be had in this town. I'll never leave.

An observation from a friend of mine of Rayong: There are a lot of hot Chinese-Thai girls there.

He is right.

Anyway, Rayong city is such a nice friendly clean city. I liked my visit there.

• 3 months later...

I'll be moving to rayong in the next 2-3 years. I have been down there 4 times now and love it.

There once was a man from china

he wasnt a very good climber

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

• 1 month later...
I'll be moving to rayong in the next 2-3 years. I have been down there 4 times now and love it.

hi,

Can i stay in rayong in a low budget cottage at the beach and do they surf there?!

And some say here it's cheaper than let's say pattaya.

Maybe i will get bored of pattaya and want to visit other places.

Normaly i go to indonesia and have a mix there of surfing, bars/clubs, good cheap food,.....ihope to

find this also in thailand. But ticket to Denpassar was to expensive and i kwon the place nearly inside out and the

weather is more humid than thailand.

Hallo Q,

Take a look at my homepage about Rayong,

Rayong Info

I live in Rayong.

Hi rayong info just sent you email i have a house inland from lam-a -pim and 5 rai rubber trees for sale nice site

cheers chris :P

Wriggley Tin 1

Hi rayong info just sent you email i have a house inland from lam-a -pim and 5 rai rubber trees for sale nice site

cheers chris :P

Chris, there are a few Rayong expats on my forum Rayong Forum Information Maybe put details on there, we have another bunch of rayong expats signing up soon.

• 2 months later...

the stupid question....

When i stand at Jomtien beatch ,, How do i get a bus to Rayong? And back?

Buses run regularly to Rayong down Sukhumvit for 50-60 baht. Getting back in the evening might be a problem, I was once stranded around 7ish and

had to take a taxi for 1000.

Retired