IGNORED

Unfortunate names

bocelli27

An early autumn afternoon in the UK, the lawns mowed and the local radio station given over to commentary on various rugby league games. Off they go to the Oldham -v- Swinton game for an update, where we are met with news of a break by 'Wayne Kerr', though with the excitement in the commentator's voice the two names rolled in to one. It made me stop what I was doing for a second and just scratch my head in amazement.

It isn't the first, of course. There was the leading National Hunt trainer of the 1970s and 1980s, Richard Head; as well as Neville Neville, father of Gary and Phil. Sadly, too, the world is full of men called Mike Hunt, while Wales will be well blessed with the odd John Thomas.

But what others are out there that I have missed? And why do the parents do it? Is it because they didn't like the baby?

It reminded me too of the rules that the UK Horse Racing authorities introduced some years ago to prevent 'name abuse'. Now all horse names have to be submitted for approval before the horse can race. So sadly, we shall not hear the like again of the commentator's nightmare that existed in the early 1970s when two stalwarts of the track were known as 'Shy Talk' and Hoof Hearted'. Try commentating on them at a million miles an hour.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

I do remember from history lessons at school a German general called Wenck. If you don't sound the W like a V as Germans do, then it sounds very amusing. I could see the history teacher look very embarassed when he pronounced it in the English way and the sniggering started. Same as there was an actor called Rolf Wanka in the seventies, perhaps the most embarrasing name someone could be called.

There was an American swimmer called 'misty hymen'

Most fitting sports name is Usain Bolt in my opinion. How could u not be a sprinter.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

a nz jumps horse Richard Cranium

I can feel an angel sliding up to me nz immigrants raising the IQ of both countries pattaya makes a humble man hard

Talking from personal experience as an Irishman named Stuart by his parents, the inevitable happened...

I'd rather look at tits, cunts and arseholes than listen to them!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a small excerpt from the Daily Telegraph's obituary of a character called John Manners who was a farmer cum huntsman cum race-horse trainer:

He called one horse Biganard. This failed the Jockey Club’s decency test until he insisted (untruthfully) that it was the Austrian village at which he had met his wife.

Sounds a bit of a character:

At his farm in Wiltshire, Manners was a night owl, rarely rising before 10am even on a hunting morning (he was invariably late for the meet). His horses’ meal times were set accordingly: breakfast at lunchtime, lunchtime at teatime and a final feed between midnight and 1am. He was in the habit of mowing the lawn in the middle of the night, wearing only long johns or even — in clement weather — nothing at all, guided by the light of a torch fixed to the front of the mower.

RIP Sir.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

I have a cousin who was named Dawn, obviously her parents Mr & Mrs HOBBS, didnt think that one through - she couldn't wait to get married !

There seem to be a lot of Richard Heads, I have met two personally.

Worst I ever came acroos was an imbecile of a guy in Bristol.................... a total pisshead and not a pleasant one at that.

He named his daughter Gina Love and his surname was

COX

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!