IGNORED

There goes the Neighborhood

pyrolover

This could be whats behind the crazy crackdowns in Pattaya. Have any of you heard about the planned building of Ocean 1 Tower? http://www.ocean1tower.com/Presentationmovie.html The "companies" that are building this monster are looking around Pattaya for prime real estate to build another large tower. Can you say Land Grab?

Edited by pyrolover

This could be whats behind the crazy crackdowns in Pattaya. Have any of you heard about the planned building of Ocean 1 Tower? http://www.ocean1tower.com/Presentationmovie.html The "companies" that are building this monster are looking around Pattaya for prime real estate to build another large tower. Can you say Land Grab?

There does seem a lot of unused land in pattaya.

Only people that would lose out arre scabby dogs and whoever builds the lean-tos with corrigated iron.

Though I guess big companies may force pattaya to try and change its image.

Yeah....my idea of heaven would sitting in my penthouse admiring the endless vistas of oil refineries and military bases. Maybe that's where GWB is going after he gets out.

The best thing that video has going for it is that restaurant with the big fishtanks . Throw a couple of bargirls in the tanks and watch them swim around as we dine on fresh mercury laden fish from the wonderful eastern seaboard. AAhh...life is good.

I've always said the development companies own Pattaya now - they have the wealth and social standing to do whatever they want here. If they view the sleaze as a barrier to making further profits on their overpriced units, then that sleaze will be made to dissapear. Forget about the bars paying 'bag money' to the local cops, it'll go way beyond that.

Be scene and not herd.

If the bars go, I will be gone... much like many on this board I suspect.

I think you would have to be an idiot to buy a overpriced box in Patty... Look at the number which can't be sold now, never mind when all the new units come on the market.

Edited by Daryle

Daryle

Yes, if the bars are gone, many will leave. With Thailand pushing for more "quality" toursits (more money) they will learn the hard way that people who are paying high prices will not want just nice looking tiles. The amount of environmental degredation within the whole eastern seaboard is ridiculous. Again, something not everyone is aware of. I read Chonburi has an especially high rate of respiratory disorders and cancer rates. Too much, industry, oil, and military. If I were super rich I could think of more places with better girls that I would consider before Pattaya.

They want to build another larger tower? Jeez, I though people were questioning whether the first will ever be built. I was looking at some of the more expensive places online, but I'm not so sure the asking prices are justified, given the current immigration crackdown. If I were going to buy, I'd want some assurance that I could actually continue to live in my unit. Today, I have a retirement visa, but what about next year or the year after that?

Rex

Yes, if the bars are gone, many will leave. With Thailand pushing for more "quality" toursits (more money) they will learn the hard way that people who are paying high prices will not want just nice looking tiles. The amount of environmental degredation within the whole eastern seaboard is ridiculous. Again, something not everyone is aware of. I read Chonburi has an especially high rate of respiratory disorders and cancer rates. Too much, industry, oil, and military. If I were super rich I could think of more places with better girls that I would consider before Pattaya.

Can't argue with that.

I'm sorry pattaya but you ain't never going to get quality tourists. To be brutally honest the place is a bit of a dump. The seas and beeches have been wrecked, and pattaya will have a 'stigma' to its name for many years.

Most of the tourist attractions here are at best half-arsed.

And in terms of premium goods and services, this place is more like a frontier town in the wild west than a playground of the rich.

The rich will buy beutifull houses somewhere else and come pattaya to party.

I keep thinking if all of our forums get big enough, we could organise a resort move. We can relocate all the bars and stuff up in isaan, prices will drop and girls will save on traveling expenses!

we can only dream

I seriously think, all that will happen is that all of our favorite hang outs will be pushed out of town. Time to start investing in Naklua soi33 i think that will be the next Walking Street in the future.

If the bars go, I will be gone... much like many on this board I suspect.

Jep, the Philipines here we come :P