IGNORED

The Aussie Dollar

Gone with the wind

As of today on xe, the dollar is at 29.3 Baht.

Will it be nudging 35 or beyond by the Xmas?

Hasn't been this high for a while.

It was 29.6 yesterday on XE. The average rate you will get in LOS will be 28.5 give or take, at the moment.

It is very unlikely to hit 35 baht. It generally follows the US dollar which is weak against the Aussie at the moment. By comparison, in May 2008 when the Aussie and the US were 98.9/$1.00 the Baht was sitting at 32.

Cant see it going to 35 but even on 30 it would take you back to the days of old.

My advice is to buy your baht now if you can or have some deposited into a Thai Bank account.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

for every 1 cent gained on the usd the A$ gains about 0.286 against the THB so lets say the A$ get to 0.95usd it could be at around 32-33thb. it's looking good for my trip next month!

hope it makes holiday cheaper but would appreciate 30 probably drop with the non board type tourist takeing their chrissie hols stuffing up the exchange rate geez it hard remembering not to swear on the public forum

I can feel an angel sliding up to me nz immigrants raising the IQ of both countries pattaya makes a humble man hard

got 28.8 in the money exchange in soi diamond today! last time I was in Pattaya (November 08) only getting about 21.5, so an extra 700bht/$100 which is great!

got 28.8 in the money exchange in soi diamond today! last time I was in Pattaya (November 08) only getting about 21.5, so an extra 700bht/$100 which is great!

Look at it this way.

B2000 for a girl now as opposed to last November is now AUD$25 cheaper.

Or a hotel...per night!

Nice savings over the course of a trip.

Gotta be happy with that.

At it's best during the feeding frenzy of greed during the last decade it got as high as a little over 33 Baht.

Chart.png

The Thai Baht is almost directly linked to the US Dollar (currently as of posting 86.33).

It has been steadily rising for the last 6 months... I know... I check it every day on the lead up to my trip. :)

Unless there is some new economic crisis it will get too about 31-32 Baht by Christmas.

"When the going gets weird... the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

Unless there is some new economic crisis it will get too about 31-32 Baht by Christmas.

Nice graph but can i ask why you think it will get to 31-32 baht by Christmas?

Are you expecting the AUD$ to get back to 97-98 cents US$?

I also hope we get closer to parity so i can transfer a chunk of money over.

Edited by noodles

Whilst 35 may be optimistic (my fingers are still crossed) its my understanding that the AUD is closing faster on the US than the Baht.

Then again, I dont work on Wall St.....just a hopeful, Aussie monger :Cross_Fingers: