Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Haven Hotel

bromberg

Has anyone stayed at the Haven hotel Soi 13 in recent times.

It has been recommended to me and is supposed to fill all my criteria

1. 1000 BHT or less (It is 950 bht)
  2. It is in a great location
  3. Has a pool
  4. Is clean and tidy
  5. naturally, It is girl friendly

Anyone got first hand experience?

Haven't stayed there in the last two years.

Have stayed 3 times before that.

Stephen, the owner isn't the type who hob nobs with guests. I have found the place very good and would gladly recommend it.

Don't take the room that faces you when you start walking in from the reception... When I was there last, the curtains were not dark enough and once could view the going ons in the room when the lights inside were on...

No guest charges, all rooms have DVD players. Can be noisy if you have a room on the ground floor (esp from the pool)

• 11 months later...

This place looks great, how come it's never mentioned???

"This little incident on the aeroplane throws into relief my single status, that at times leaves a gloomy space of frigid loneliness and a craving for intimacy, a hollow within that echoes a quiet desperation when in the silence of those cold grey London nights and which I felt all the more keenly in some of those moments in LOS when a lack of true intimacy is apparent in the financially fuelled sexual congresses of the P4P scene. However, these are only in moments of weakness and self pity and would not impel me to find sustenance in a need fulfilling relationship ……….Hell!!! If I were to be given a choice, I’ll take the often pseudo short-term romance of the P4P scene over the risk of the insidious death of marriage"

-Alleycat

MySpace Countdown Clocks

Is there a separate entrance or you 've got to walk thru the restaurant to get to the rooms ?

I visited the place when staying at the Sandy Springs, which is right next to the Haven. The rooms are way too small. You get very little in the way of accomodation.

Have stayed there many times in the past. I don't find the rooms to be too small at all - I would say they are average. It's a friendly, little hotel, that is very accomodating. Family run by the owner's wife, most of the staff seems to be related to her. They will look after you and take care of you. Girl friendly-- absolutley! At times in the past they've even had their own girls working at the bar at the front.

Excellent food and excellent location. Small pool. Can be loud if you get a room on the ground floor. And yes, unfortunately you have to walk through the restaurant at the front in order to get to your room. I suppose there is a slight shortcut through the bar, but that only cuts a small portion out of the "walk of shame". No need to be embarrassed as all the patrons are mongers just like us!!

It has been a well kept secret, and you'll enjoy it. Stephen (the owner) has had some health problems in the past and that's probably why he hasn't been so talkative or entertaining to some visitors. I think he's fully recovered now.

CM

I might be ancient, but my dick still rises in the east.......the Far East that is!!!!

Is there a separate entrance or you 've got to walk thru the restaurant to get to the rooms ?

No separate entrance. The restaurant does not hinder you in any way...

Have stayed there many times in the past. I don't find the rooms to be too small at all -

Agree. I too never thought they were small...

My review:

Pros

Good location

Small pool

DVD players in rooms

Good restaurant

Safes in rooms (some open with key, some electronic)

Cons

No WiFi (I'm not 100% sure about this, but I'm pretty sure)

Some of the rooms are pretty rundown (moldy shower curtains really bother me).

I didn't think the staff was all that friendly.

They don't take credit cards?

I started off on the first floor. This room was pretty ragged. It had a safe with a lock, which could either be seen as a pro or con. It's easier than fumbling with an electronic safe when you're drunk, but what if you lose the key? After the first night they tried to move me up to the third floor. If you're on the 2nd floor you get a balcony over-looking the pool. This room on the third floor had no balcony, just a small window. It was a nicer room than on the first room (alot nicer actually) and it had an electric safe. I locked myself out of the electric safe. When I told the receptionist about it she seemed irritated with me and told me somebody would come help me with it later (basically whenever somebody got around to it). I didn't like her attitude so I checked out.

"This little incident on the aeroplane throws into relief my single status, that at times leaves a gloomy space of frigid loneliness and a craving for intimacy, a hollow within that echoes a quiet desperation when in the silence of those cold grey London nights and which I felt all the more keenly in some of those moments in LOS when a lack of true intimacy is apparent in the financially fuelled sexual congresses of the P4P scene. However, these are only in moments of weakness and self pity and would not impel me to find sustenance in a need fulfilling relationship ……….Hell!!! If I were to be given a choice, I’ll take the often pseudo short-term romance of the P4P scene over the risk of the insidious death of marriage"

-Alleycat

MySpace Countdown Clocks

My review:

Pros

Good location

Small pool

DVD players in rooms

Good restaurant

Safes in rooms (some open with key, some electronic)

Cons

I started off on the first floor. This room was pretty ragged. It had a safe with a lock, which could either be seen as a pro or con. It's easier than fumbling with an electronic safe when you're drunk, but what if you lose the key? After the first night they tried to move me up to the third floor. If you're on the 2nd floor you get a balcony over-looking the pool. This room on the third floor had no balcony, just a small window. It was a nicer room than on the first room (alot nicer actually) and it had an electric safe. I locked myself out of the electric safe. When I told the receptionist about it she seemed irritated with me and told me somebody would come help me with it later (basically whenever somebody got around to it). I didn't like her attitude so I checked out.

Manimal,

Maybe you were drunk too much during your stay at the Haven.......There's no third floor. So you got a room on the roof!

By the way, they do take credit cards.

CM

I might be ancient, but my dick still rises in the east.......the Far East that is!!!!

Manimal,

Maybe you were drunk too much during your stay at the Haven.......There's no third floor. So you got a room on the roof!

By the way, they do take credit cards.

CM

The second room they showed me wasn't one of the ones overlooking the pool. You went up a set of stairs and there was this strange room you had to go through to get to the room I was in. I thought there was another set of stairs I had to go up but maybe not. As far as credit cards, when I tried to pay with mine they asked me if I had cash so I just assumed that's all they took. I'll edit my review.

-Alleycat

MySpace Countdown Clocks

This hotel is now a shithole. Don't bother staying there. The last time I stayed there they tried to charge me for stuff from the fridge that I did not even consume. In three days they moved me twice and all the rooms had little or no water pressure.

Even you want to be treated like shit then by all means go there. But you have been warned!

My review:

Pros

)

Cons

out.

They do have free wifi in the restaurant and rooms I wouldn't knock it, for the price its not bad Ive stayed there a few times and the restaurants great Sandy Spring hotel next door is better though.

Al.