IGNORED

What's the Best Hotel in Pattaya (Star Wise)

tony_monger

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and I thank you all for the great info. I'll be taking my first trip to Pattaya soon, but I'm a bit lost on selecting a decent hotel.

I'm a bit particular about where I lay my head, so I'd like to find a good place to stay.

What is the best hotel in Pattaya (close to the action) -- star wise.

A friend of mine will be staying at the Royal Twin Palace, but the reviews of the hotel talk about roaches, dirty, etc...

Thanks,

Newbie :D

If you book one of the top star rated hotels, you may find that you can't take your TG back there. Or if you can, then they will charge you joiner fee.

Best to stick with known hotels that we all use. There's loads of info on the hotels and Accomodation section on this board.

Don't know about Royal Twin Palace, but I can recommend Flipper House, Flipper Lodge, and Pattaya Bay Resort. There are many other good hotels in Patts as well.

Cheers

Tony

Marriott: stayed there many times. Up to Marriott standards elsewhere, well situated and no joiner fees or ID hassles.

I have never stayed there but will on my next trip, the Dusit D2 Barraquda. Rooms look awesome, no joiner fees as stated by other BM's here and right on 2nd road, close to all the action.

All the hotels mentioned are cracking BUT if you want close to the action I would say Hard Rock. But for class it would say the Royal Cliff or Dusit, neither of which are that close to the action.

Wha's like us?

Areca Lodge, Pattaya Bay Resort Or LK Renaisance should do you. They are the three most visited by Pattaya addicts according to I Have Stayed HereThere is a chart which graphically shows each hotels standing todate.

Also have a look here Top Five Girl Friendly Hotels In Pattaya where you will find links to each hotel

Good luck, have a great time in Pattaya

Marriott: stayed there many times. Up to Marriott standards elsewhere, well situated and no joiner fees or ID hassles.

If you've got the cash...check out the Terrace View rooms.

LK Renaisance,, Stayed there last year and was treated great. Girl friendly.. Took their ID's. Stayed on top floor 2 bed suite with outside balcony jaccuzi.. Fantastic and staff took care of all my needs. Will be renting the same room 26 Sept for 10 days..can't wait

A smile is free, give one--A LD is cheap, Buy one--Condoms break, double wrap

Ive stayed many times at the Marriott (even when it was also called Royal Garden Hotel) and quite frankly its a nice hotel but not worth the money. The best bang for your buck try NovaPlatinum.com

Its close to everything and within walking distance to Walking Street.

Mercure is also a good hotel for the money. Great pool views, good restaurant and just a quick walk thru the mall and your on the corner of 2nd road and Soi Postoffice. www.mercure.com/gb/hotel-5649-mercure-hotel-pattaya/index.shtml

If you book one of the top star rated hotels, you may find that you can't take your TG back there. Or if you can, then they will charge you joiner fee.

Best to stick with known hotels that we all use. There's loads of info on the Hotels and Accomodation section on this board.

Don't know about Royal Twin Palace, but I can recommend Flipper House, Flipper Lodge, and Pattaya Bay Resort. There are many other good hotels in Patts as well.

Cheers

Tony

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and I thank you all for the great info. I'll be taking my first trip to Pattaya soon, but I'm a bit lost on selecting a decent hotel.

I'm a bit particular about where I lay my head, so I'd like to find a good place to stay.

What is the best hotel in Pattaya (close to the action) -- star wise.

A friend of mine will be staying at the Royal Twin Palace, but the reviews of the hotel talk about roaches, dirty, etc...

Thanks,

Newbie :GoldenSmile1:

Best advice avoid your friends hotel

Best hotel in Pattaya is Sheraton

Paid 6500 baht per night for 3 night’s total 30000 with extras, laundry, mini bar, room service.

Did not moan about the cost, it was value for money.

Impressed.eg i would role over on sun lounger, and there would be fresh ice in a glass and a fresh cold bottle of water being served free of charge.

Wonderful views from bedroom window luxury.

Top restaurant with star chef. WARNING makes your go faster looking at prices in menu.

Girl friendly to met two farangs who had both brought overnight guests back.

They had both girls stripped in swimming pool; I thought the Thai staff would throw fit.

But the staff just laughed and smiled.

They no joiner fee if you book bed for two persons.

Staff very discrete.

Security takes ID card.

Book kept under counter.

Ideal place for mini honeymoon.

A farang girl would be impressed and give ya the best night of your life staying there.

Staying at pattaya Bay Resort,

Not cheap not expensive, central location, clean and modern. Showers work like they are suppose to.

Star- and service-wise the Royal Wing Suites & Spa (part of the Royal Cliff Beach Resort)is best hotel in Patts. Pool butler service, luggage pack/unpack service,1 bedroom suites only, huge LCD TV, a-la-carte breakfast prepared by the chef according to your choice will be served in the room or on the balkony, huge jacuzzi in the bathroom, 2 balconies per suite, private beach, located on a headland between Jomtien and Pattaya. About 10 mins drive to south Pattaya.

The catch is that they won't allow joiners.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Best hotel :

Sheraton and Royal Wing

Most exclusive :

Birds and Bees, some suite with jacuzzi direct on the beach, Eravana, in the middle of Jomtien, Napalai Pool, all bungalows with private pool in Naklua. Golden Cliff, Jomtien.

Best Thai style hotel :

Sugar Hut, true Thai style bungalow, 3 pools and really large garden

Best design hotel :

Dusit D2, Idyll, between soi 7-8, try the Sandwich suite room, a must in Pattaya.

Best Bungalow on the beach :

Sunset Village, Jomtien

Best deal,

Citin Loft, about 1000 bahts, a true 4 stars with extra-large rooms, Discovery Beach beach road, about 2000 bahts

Most Lovely :

Ruenjai, soi 19 near third 3, 4 poster bed, design and exclusive.

Best new :

Premier Signature, formerly Champ and of course next year Hilton

Most impressive :

Centara Grand Mirage, Naklua

Most difficult to found, :

Chavieng resort, Jomtien, Radi Mansion, sukhumvit, Inside garden resort, third road

Best room for Short time :

Full Love Inn, circular room, soi Bongkot

Premier signature room

964666P4195429.jpg

Cliff beach suites Birds and Bees

355361DSC01638.jpg

Napalai Pool resort

936102napalaipool2..jpg

Sunset Village

430776bungalows_on_the_beach.jpg

Edited by piero

All,

I must say thanks to all for your help! Very informative!

I just don't want to have to worry about some BS (roaches, broken AC, joiner fees, etc). I'll take the advice and do some more research.

Thanks again to all :)

• 1 month later...

I want to thank all that have put their selections in here. As a newbie, and planning my first trip in April, my hotel selection is still under review. Since cost is not a factor for me, but comfort, guest friendly and location are tops. Not to much to ask for! Thanks again. 001_Thank_You5.gif

001_Thank_You5.gif