Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Scared of the Herp!

Rob2830

With all the risks of catching STDs through P4P in LOS (or anywhere else), I find that I'm always anxious of catching something myself and it spoils the enjoyment a bit. Is anyone else like this?

I'm paranoid and tend to over-analyse every tingle, itch etc that I feel for days afterwards!

I'm mostly worried about the uncurable ones - I always wrap up and am careful in other ways, so the risk of HIV is not the greatest one as it's quite hard to actually catch compared to others. I suppose the one I'm really afraid of is the herp (getting it downstairs mean) because you'll be stuck with it for life if you get it and it appears so easy to catch (and I'd have to tell every future woman I sleep with etc).

Am I the only one that thinks like this or should I calm down and try to relax a bit more? Anyone have any experiences to share (other than to say' don't go mongering'!)

Thanks All.

Id say at least 90% of bargirls have herpes..no big deal, needs to be kept under control though

if your gonna have sex with loads of girls you will get herpes..a condom wont keep you safe from herpes

a lot of people are carriers and think they dont have it..a lot of people dont show any symtoms at all :Busted:

Edited by fostraswift

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

With all the risks of catching STDs through P4P in LOS (or anywhere else), I find that I'm always anxious of catching something myself and it spoils the enjoyment a bit. Is anyone else like this?

I'm paranoid and tend to over-analyse every tingle, itch etc that I feel for days afterwards!

I'm mostly worried about the uncurable ones - I always wrap up and am careful in other ways, so the risk of HIV is not the greatest one as it's quite hard to actually catch compared to others. I suppose the one I'm really afraid of is the herp (getting it downstairs mean) because you'll be stuck with it for life if you get it and it appears so easy to catch (and I'd have to tell every future woman I sleep with etc).

Am I the only one that thinks like this or should I calm down and try to relax a bit more? Anyone have any experiences to share (other than to say' don't go mongering'!)

Thanks All.

Another worry is if you take a BG up the bum without a condom you could end up with poo on your penis.

Sorry, edited due to swearing.

Edited by lincslad

It's a fear that will do you no harm, and may do you some good. Condom usage will definitely reduce the risk of you contracting it.

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

It's not only transmittable by vagina or anus but also by hand/fingers/lips/infected skin by all pleasant activities as kissing, fingering, oral sex, ...

So this really spoils the fun when you want to protect yourself against herpes totally it's better to buy the next condom for totally safe sex

H-BGC_3_dt.jpg

But in normal cases use a condom and watch out with oral sex!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

i know how you feel, i used to analyse every single tingle down there too and thought it was a cold sore coming on but its always turned out to be nothing. the biggest scare ive had was a red bump like a sore in its early stages but it actually didnt blister and went away after a few days so it might have just been an ingrown hair or something else.

however, there is a very real possibility that i have contracted HSV2 and i just dont get symptoms as others have mentioned, that would be fantastic! but i can never know for sure, and i still take as much preventative measures as i can to avoid contracting if i dont already have it. what preventative measures?

all you can really do is condom + not being afraid to turn down girls with obvious herpes sores + not knowingly sleeping with girls that have herpes (and u know about it)

thats it, i know ill get it eventually (if not already have), and just hope i can not ever get HSV1 as i dont want it on the mouth so i can still kiss my mother every now and then without fear of giving it to her (present from my trip to thailand??? eww)

i think its one of the nastiest incurable diseases out there, but so many have it so youd think it would be accepted but in reality its not.

heres hoping for a cure/vaccine in the next decade!

Thanks for the replies guys.

That's the problem with the herp is that even if you're careful and use a condom all the time, it's still a risk from the skin to skin contact.

I was thinking that if you can buy Valtrex over the counter in LOS, maybe if you take it in pill form, it might reduce the risk of actually getting the herp if you come into contact with it. I'm just speculating though and I ain't a Doctor!

Strictly speaking if there are no physical signs of a girl having the herp (no signs of any sore or partially healed one anywhere), then that would give the all-clear. What complicates it though is this 'asympomatic shedding' (i.e. if someone has the herp but don't have any sores present then you should be OK but apparently about 5% of the time, they still shed the virus, even though no sores are present).

I've first caught it about 40 years ago and I'm still here at least I think I am I get a bit confused these days. Now what did the doctor say oh yes now I remember go on a diet to lose weight stop exercising too much and eat and drink more.

Al.

You can only catch it from a partner that has symptoms, if she has it but no symptoms then you should be fine. so just give a quick glance when doing the buisness and dont get a blowey if she has sores on her mouth, cold sores etc...

You can only catch it from a partner that has symptoms, if she has it but no symptoms then you should be fine. so just give a quick glance when doing the buisness and dont get a blowey if she has sores on her mouth, cold sores etc...

That would be nice if it were true... but it's not.

Asymptomatic Shedding

Asymptomatic Shedding is the release of the virus on the skin when there are no symptoms. These

asymptomatic shedding episodes occur (according to studies) typically 3 to 10 days in the year, so although

the risk is minimal it does exist, because one can't necessarily tell when those days are. During an episode of

asymptomatic shedding, virus often sheds from several different sites in the area concurrently. And there is

new research suggesting that shedding occurs more frequently than previously thought. In a study published

in the mid-1990s, researchers found that half of the episodes of subclinical shedding of HSV occurred within

seven days of a symptomatic recurrence. Unfortunately, asymptomatic shedding is not detectable by any

procedure or test available outside a research study. It should be noted that for the first 6 months to a year

after a primary episode, shedding may occur much more frequently. The incidence of asymptomatic shedding

is greatest during the first year or two after infection.

Shedding can occur randomly and sporadically and seems to some degree influenced by sites of infection

and viral type, severity and frequency of outbreaks, though studies remain unclear. Thus, the more outbreaks

one has, the more severe one's outbreaks are, the higher the incidence of shedding. HSV-2 seems to shed

more often than HSV-1, particularly in genital infections. Some medical experts believe asymptomatic

shedding is responsible for most cases of transmission. Suppressive acyclovir therapy has been shown in

some studies to reduce the rate of shedding by up to 95%.

http://www.herpesite.org/transmission.html

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

Wrong