IGNORED

Attention netbook users!

jonerich

Hey all,Just thought I would post my experience upgrading from xp to the new windows 7 using wintoflash

It worked like a Charm and in under 30 min. Not really a windoz fan but my acer one came with xp pre installed witch is over 10 years old now and did not have external usb drive or network drive i could boot from. 7 is a drastic improvement over XP and the never should have been released Vista.

I used WintoFlash

and a windows 7 ISO.

It really simplifies the upgrade for those of you that don't know how to make a usb boot-able threw the command line.

pabannerscaled.jpg

Never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can sleep.

(Murphy's Law Of Combat)

thanks for that it of information.

being thinking of installing win 7 for a while now,but still running my good working corporate version of xp.

does upgrading from xp to win 7 keep your license going?or do you have to have a new key for the win 7?

greets

sb

you cant upgrade you will have to backup your data and do a clean install.I don't know what Netbook you have but, I didn't wipe the Acer recovery partition so if i sell it i can just recover the drive to XP. You where able to download a full iso of win 7 from Microsoft.Its the full version and after oct 31st it will shut down your computer every 2 hrs until you activate it for $49.00.

pabannerscaled.jpg

Never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can sleep.

(Murphy's Law Of Combat)

• 2 months later...

SB - Dont spin your wheels - if it aint broke .....

I am a Linux user, and have already seen the horror stories from all walks of M$ life about losing data, it being a memory hog, programs not working, drivers AWOL and hardware not functioning, as well as guest root accounts default installs. Why detune a strong running engine?

Peace

Jack

• 1 month later...

Both Vista and W7 work best with a minimum of 2GB RAM, so most users would need to upgrade their RAM if their notebook/netbook comes with less. XP can get away with 512MB and still have good performance. I put 4GB RAM on all my Vista/W7 Desktop PCs and that works very well for 32bit versions of the OSs. A 64bit version can handle more RAM than most of us can afford. :Bow: If you have minimal RAM and you see lots of hard drive access, your PC may be using the hard drive for a page file and that will slow down operation. I have Vista on two of my laptops and XP on my Asus Eee netbook and will probably continue to use XP with it.

Also, before installing W7 on a laptop, (Or any PC)check with the laptop (PC) manufacturer and make sure W7 drivers are available for all your hardware or the install may be a disaster. :10of10Score:

ubuntu works for me :GoldenSmile1:

Warning! Life is sexually transmitted and 100% Fatal

IMG_0885.jpg..sigpic.jpg

"It ain't the dyin' I'm talking about, Woodrow, it's the LIVIN"">

LINUX is the way forward.

as for windows 7, its great till you need to do anything over a secure network,

my opinion stick with XP if your using Microsoft at all,

Vista is the biggest waste of HDD space since Limewire, and if you can be bothered learn linux its not hard, and it works(and works well)

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to a Mini 10v and installing OS X 10.6.2 on it. I can always dual-boot into Win7