IGNORED

Word to the wise---

bolly

Hi all,

Just a reminder, when seeking a place to stay keep in mind the volume of the nearby streets. For the record, I have stayed in Soi 6, Walking Street, LK Metro and Soi 8. By far, the loudest was Soi 8. Not that that is a bad thing but i wont chose the area again.

BTW---If you are the English guy who was singing a soccer anthem throughout the Eastiny Plaza at 430 am last August 16th. I would love to meet you so I could come and visit your lovely family.

Edited by bolly

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif

It wasnt a soccer song, it was a FOOTBALL song, but it wasnt me.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

I used to go missing a lot...Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World.

George Best the World Greatest.. Just ask Pele

Hi all,

Just a reminder, when seeking a place to stay keep in mind the volume of the nearby streets. For the record, I have stayed in Soi 6, Walking Street, LK Metro and Soi 8. By far, the loudest was Soi 8. Not that that is a bad thing but i wont chose the area again.

BTW---If you are the English guy who was singing a soccer anthem throughout the Eastiny Plaza at 430 am last August 16th. I would love to meet you so I could come and visit your lovely family.

I guess because the beer bars can often stay open later (much much later sometimes) than other establishments.

well said bolly :Clap8:

I guess because the beer bars can often stay open later (much much later sometimes) than other establishments.

do beer bars sing songs at 4am? :07:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I completely agree for some of us who travel far and have severe jet lag a quiet evening (at least after 1 or 2am) is a real benefit.....many bars will have a one time late party and then again be closed for surprise election or Buddhist holidays but soi 7 and 8 and some complexes on 2nd road can be very loud very late and very often esp. during high season......if I don't get me rest all the ladies will suffer from me lack of power !!!!

the eastiny plaza was the loudest on soi 8 the rooms actually vibrated and i wasnt always shagging bad bob

Someone who knows should take the map of Pattaya bars/hotels and draw the "noise regions" on it, like a weather map. I would find that very usefull in choosing a hote.

It's Pattaya? :Party4: ....sleep from around 4am to 2pm...I've stayed on Soi 8 or 7 for years....Ya I've heard lots of English soccer songs and lots a late soccer games going on, nothing a couple more beers and another round with the TBG cant overcome....Haven't a clue what they're singing about but I get a real kick out of anyone letting off some steam in Pattaya and havin a great time. :001_Thank_You5:

If it flies, floats or f's....Rent It!!

Quiet??? Pattaya??? Ah well, we can only dream. Soi 7&8, of course would be loud. Just the hip hop thump that bounces off the walls along those sois in chaotic cacaphony, one bar sound system competing with another in off beat off key dissonant squawk is prohibited by international laws applying to torture. The MAN uses such painful pandemonium as a means to breakdown prisoners so it should work on the poor falang tourist.

That any drunk fool should bellow out an offkey renditions of a war chant for surrogate battles ala "futbol" is inane and incredibly insensitive at 4 am or anytime. Only wimps might consider that as a macho display. Still this is Thailand.

I am living in a residential neighborhood that somehow still tolerates local karaoke at extremely high levels even at 6am. Then the local school's PA kicks in to belch out blaring calls to buy fried rice or rice soup at 25 baht for another hour of strident jangle. If this area were truly to aspire to the "family" tourist, they would at least attempt to comply with the requests of their own government health services to reduce the noise levels to only ear splitting levels, rather than out ear drum destruction decibels. It is little wonder that more than 60% of the children in this culture suffer from significant hearing loss according to government studies published in the Bkk Post.

In the science of linguistics, the theory goes that the syntactical language reflects the culture of an area. i.e. eskimos have numerous names for snow. In the Thai language "see-ang" means both noise AND voice. One gets a puzzle stare when one complains of the volume at a bar and a hostile, near vicious snarl if one gets up and leaves because of that very indifferent attitude. Watch your back and bring ear plugs everywhere in Thailand, for you own hearing.

Noise levels, generally wouldn't bother me as i'm out til late most nights. Although the hotels that I stayed at recently were all very quiet.

Summer Spring (Soi 1 - very little noise around there due to hardly any bars)

Nova Platinum (Away from the bars of WS so couldn't hear anything)

Tim Boutique (Tucked up a Soi away nr Avenue but far enough to avoid the noise pollution)

Once i was staying in Sabai Inn in soi 2 ; very nice hotel for only 800Baht but I had a room at the wrong wing of the building;there was a Thai Disco next to it wich was open till late in the morning..........so no sleeping,more boom boom hahaha

Well you just have to choose: or very close to activity and very noisy, and a bit away and quieter.

Personnally always go to Lek Villa on Pattaya-Naklua Road (close to the Dolphin round-about).

Just 5 min longer by bus to reach wherever, but I enjoy that it's super quiet, and that's worth 2 x 5 min a day.

I like to sleep quiet, party loud, and have the girl go loud afterwoods also...

I stayed at the flipper on soi 8 once.

The noise didn't bother me because i was out until 3-5 most nights.

The few nights i did stay in and try and get an early night was pointless. The noise from the bars were FUCKIN LOUD.

If your staying in the party areas, there will be some noise.But I'd rather be there hearing that noise in patts, than the T.V in my lounge room here in farang land.

Ear plugs may help, no but seriously its always going to be an issue here, we have to remember we are in THE biggest Party town in the world so its going to be a bit noisy, I know soi Bauhkow is quite noisy now all night and have had a few guys in the past have booked places along there and soi 8 and one or two others and have come here as not so noisy.

Of course some people like to go to bed early so its hard to keep everyone happy but earplugs may actually help, of course traditionally people who have been out on the piss and come home in the early hours don't really consider people who are sleeping.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Here is a good tip always take a pack of good quality ear plugs in your bag---have some on the plane too really usefull if you have noise problems while trying to zzzzzzzz .

Someone who knows should take the map of Pattaya bars/hotels and draw the "noise regions" on it, like a weather map. I would find that very usefull in choosing a hote.

Brilliant idea indeed!

:Think1:

Stayed at 3som on Soi LK Metro which is a busy area. Though the area can be noisey consisting of lots of bars and a couple of go go's I had no problem with any noise. :Clap9: I stayed in one of the back rooms facing a vacant lot, I think that had a lot to do with reducing the noise factor. Will definately be using these rooms again for future stays. :Eat_Me:

I will stay in Citin Loft and after my stay i will let you know of the noise level... never had any problems with noise at the hotels i have been before, so never really thought about it when i booked !!!... :GoldenSmile1:

Funny to see this posting about hotel noise levels. I just flew in today and check into the Majestic Suites. They upgraded me to a Double Superior Room. As soon as I got to the room I complained about the view of drain pipes out my window and ask to be switched to the Sukhumvit side. I have always stayed on the Sukhumvit side. I was told I received an graded and had no rooms on the other side. Since I booked 3 months ahead and have stayed there many times I guess they thought they were giving me a deal.

It's now 2:20 a/m and the music for Nana is coming through the walls. I hope what I have read about the 3 a.m bar closers is true.

I have always tried to staying at The Majestic, and like the location. But posting about the Nova Suites deal is looking pretty good after a 22 hour flight and in need of sleep.

http://www.amari.com/novasuites/?utm_source=pattaya_addicts&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=padd_junaug1

I thought I could sleep through anything, but Soi 8 taught me the error of my ways!

No sleep here until after 4, which is by no means a crisis in Pattaya, but can be irritating if you’re taking a night off from all the craziness.

I was at Eastiny Plaza in June, so it wasn’t me, honest!

Haha, well i'm really going to invest in some ear plugs and some sleeping pills.

I like my sleep too much!!!

Anyone else stayed in the Sunshine on Soi 8?