IGNORED

Hi all i'm a newbie and need help

mancunian

Hi all on PA .as you can all see i am a PA virgin ..43 single.... for a year and in bad need of some fun......and need some advice on a good time to come.. long story but sand fleas nearly killed me in the Dominican republic. sosua... nice town nice women... but i aint going back..

well im a solo traveller and plan to fly to bankok. get a bus to pattaya.. then thats where i get stuck.....

Ive read the newbie guide Walking Street area sounds a good base till i find my feet... could any one recomend a good hotel in a quite area..guest freindly...with good security.. and a pool and bar.. and does pattaya have motorcycle taxis.... if not how much to hire a rev and go... what sort of cost am i looking at for the lot...not counting flights. for 3 weeks.. what do i budget for food beer women etc.... i normally go all inclusive .. but wanted to try something different.. sorry its so long winded...

many thanks in advance

mancunian

How much are you willing to spend on a hotel? Based on your requirements, it sounds like the Tim Boutique would be perfect for you. It's a nice hotel on a very quiet street, but still convenient. Rooms are about 1800 baht per night. There are many reviews on this forum about Tim Boutique.

Also, Pattaya does have motorbike taxis. They usually charge 30-40 baht. Late at night, especially when leaving Walking St., drivers will often try charge 100 baht.

I am at the LEK hotel 1000 baht a night, superior room in the new [email protected]

second road Soi 13.NOT the Hilton but clean and safe.

Good security,in room free safe, pool etc, guest friendly and close enough to everything.10 min walk to Walking Street,surronded by bars and food outlets.

I often eat at the road side cafes about 40 baht for a hot bowl of rice or noodles with chicken or pork. LOVELY.

I was the same as you last year just turn up and go with the flow.

A girl for the night will be from 1000 baht + up to 500 baht bar fine.

An essential read I thought was the newbies guide to Pattaya. Everything in that, and a good guide to bars etc..

The best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And changes its own oil every four weeks. It is only a pity that the management system is so fucking temperamental.

i highly recommend you Not rent a motor scooter on your first trip to pattaya. the traffic and the pavement are very unforgiving!

If a pool is not absolutely necessary then I would recommend Secrets, as long as you do not mind stairs. Get a room on the 3rd or 2nd floor, the good thing about this place is they have 24 hour room service and maid service. Also Galaxy Suites have nice rooms but are a little small, they too have 24 hour maid service.

Both are on Walking Street and right in the middle of the action. So you dont have to mess around getting taxis when you want to go to your room if you are drinking on Walking Street.

As for budget it depends on how much you want to shag and drink. I would say anything between 7000 and 10000 baht per day and you will have a great time. If you need a pool then I would recommend The Flipper hotel on soi 7 but I would check as I am not sure if they are doing some building work.

I am moving this to the newbie section where you will get more answers.

I second Tim Boutique. Nice property with a great rooftop pool and close to nearly all of the action with some decent restaurants in the neighborhood. The only downfall is that it doesn't have free wireless internet access and the rooms facing the beer bar complex can be noisy until 4am. Good luck!

I second Tim Boutique. Nice property with a great rooftop pool and close to nearly all of the action with some decent restaurants in the neighborhood. The only downfall is that it doesn't have free wireless internet access and the rooms facing the beer bar complex can be noisy until 4am. Good luck!

Yes some rooms at the Flipper can be noisey i have stayed there a few times and will be there in Nov, however after a few beers and a lady you wont here them prices around 1000b per nite, as for budget for your trip im there 10 days = £1000 (for me) but its hard to say if you wish for 4/5 dif girls a day then this cost will rise but whatever your budget or where you stay your have a great time

Enjoy

If you are looking for a quieter area, the Soi Bukhaow area is great. There are many guesthouses there at under 1000 baht/day. It is not that far from Walking Street. I would be budgeting about 8000 baht a day.

Try the nova platinum am stayin there in sept! You will get a 10% discount usin hotels.com

How much it will cost you depends on:-

* when you go

* where you stay

* what you do

* how often you do it.

From Manchester usually the best flight prices are with Etihad or Emirates with a change-over half way. For some reason known only to God and airline sales executives, the best deals are are usually through the bucket operators such as E-bookers or Expedia, as trying to book direct with the airlines at the discounted prices shown on their websites seems to be a exercise in frustration. Ensure you get a flight with decent connections (3 hours at the most).

In general, if you have the scope to do so, avoid Christmas / New Year as flight prices are far higher and accommodation costs rise.

I would not personally recommend a 43 yo 'virgin' stopping around Walking Street due to the noise and constant activity. There a plenty of places within a mile that offer decent accommodation and are easily walkable to Walking Street or a 5-minute journey on a baht bus at a cost of 10 baht. In any event, Pattaya is easily travelled via communal baht bus or motor bike taxi. Walking Street for the more mature traveller is best in small doses.

As you are looking at a three week stay, you could consider stopping in a serviced apartment paying a monthly rate, as with the discount on the daily rate it tends to work out cheaper than paying a daily rate for more than a fortnight. They are also very guest-friendly but have decent reception and security facilities. I have used both Tycoon Place and Diamond City Place on South Pattaya Road, both of which have a pool, the former having the better in my opinion. There are drinking facilities in both, but with the excess of bars all over Pattaya they are under-utilised as residents tend to venture out. There are also many serviced apartments in the Soi Buakhao area. The overall standard of these places tends to be 3 star and you should expect to pay no more than £250 in total for a standard room for a 3 week stay.

However, if you want to stop in greater luxury, then you will have to pay onwards and upwards.

What will you spend per day? Basically, it depends on what you consume. If you avoid the 'name' restaurants (though they are cheap in comparison to Manchester) and eat in the cafes or use some of the stalls, you will struggle to get through £15 per day. Similarly, with drink it depends on where you drink and how much you drink. In Walking Street a beer will be in the 80 - 100 baht a bottle region. In the go gos or music bars it may exceed 100 baht; but there are many bars where the drinks are in the 40 - 50 baht a bottle range. So, if you shop around and spend some of your drinking hours outside the higher price areas, you can easily minimise the total cost.

So what else is there to spend money on? Girls? Again it depends on your attitude and whether you want to be a super-stud; but assuming you minimise your activities to 1 lady per day, based on a girl from a bar, you are looking at a daily bar-fine (c300 baht), a short-time or long-time fee of 500 or 1000 baht and a few drinks and / or food for her. Take a few at first, but if you find one you a comfortable with, do a deal with her for a few days, a week or longer - maybe 5000 baht for the week and she stops with you and acts as your tour guide / interpreter / fitness guru. Just remember that most of them are decent people trying to make a living for their families in a country with little in the way of welfare benefits and culture. On the other hand, if you want to go through multiple individuals per day, increase your anticipated budget.

My point in all this is that, like an older and wiser bull, I chuckle to myself and smile when I see some of the required baht per day figures that are bandied around. I don't doubt that young studs can get through 7,000 to 10,000 baht each day on a short-term basis; but I would also say you can get comfortably by on 3000 to 4000 baht per day if you don't go crazy and still have a bloody good time.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

Bocelli spells it out pretty well. However, if you spend a lot of time in go-gos, your budget for drinks, BFs, and girls will be significantly higher. Soapys would run up the tab a bit. Certainly won't hurt to try these a few times. You can then decide whether its worth it to you to "revise" your budget. Some guys do, some don't.

Pattaya Bay Resort could be a good choice of hotel. Usually quiet (unless there's construction next door), inclusive of breakfast for 2, WiFi, rooftop pool and dining, bottled water, in low season 860B/night for a week or more, nice room. While not on WS, plenty of beer bars, Soi LK Metro, and malls nearby. Easy access to baht bus. Much has been written about it on this board. My week there was quite enjoyable.

Baht bus will take you to most places a 1rst timer would want to go in town.

On a 3 week stay, you would want to budget for some tourist activities, perhaps Sanctuary of Truth, Tiger Zoo, various Wats, island day trips, etc... Your lady friends can help you organize, or there's packaged mini-van tours (look for kiosks on the 2nd and Beach road), or you can hire a car and driver for around 1,000B/day. Packaged 1/2 day tours, including transport and admission will run about 500B (probably less for your "date.") Sanctuary of Truth can be done by baht bus and a bit of a walk, or motorcycle taxi (there's always motos hanging out for your return trip.) Experienced visitors can do all this cheaper, but for a newb, these approaches are pretty much plug-n-play.

Don't overplan beforehand from home. Have a room waiting, then allot a few hours on your first day to learn the baht bus system and walk around the key areas working your way from the dolphin circle along Beach Rd. through Walking St., then back along 2nd Rd (explore the side streets... especially Soi LK Metro). There are an unlimited supply of distractions enroute. Dive in!

Hi all on PA .as you can all see i am a PA virgin ..43 single.... for a year and in bad need of some fun......and need some advice on a good time to come.. long story but sand fleas nearly killed me in the Dominican republic. sosua... nice town nice women... but i aint going back..

well im a solo traveller and plan to fly to bankok. get a bus to pattaya.. then thats where i get stuck.....

Ive read the newbie guide walking street area sounds a good base till i find my feet... could any one recomend a good hotel in a quite area..guest freindly...with good security.. and a pool and bar.. and does pattaya have motorcycle taxis.... if not how much to hire a rev and go... what sort of cost am i looking at for the lot...not counting flights. for 3 weeks.. what do i budget for food beer women etc.... i normally go all inclusive .. but wanted to try something different.. sorry its so long winded...

many thanks in advance

mancunian

hi mancunian like yourself fellow blue through & through.My base on money for a good booze and shag plenty of women i base about £100 a day .But if you drink around LK Metro area for a quiet night can survive on less.If you go in go go bars alot and pay for women there plus top shelf booze you easily spend more than £100 a day.As past post have said theres Walking Street ,also soi 7 and 8,lk metro area as well as soi2 and3,so spoilt for choice.Good hotel which is very central is Areca Lodge i think its around 1200 baht with 2 pools.To be honest i cant see the point in spendind more on digs when you only use it for shagging and sleeping.I fly from manchester and find i of the best airlines to fly with is Etihad.2 good web sites for these which have always come up cheapest for the past 4 years is my vacations or southall travel .Can try money super market or odd tike last minute .com.Like yourself i go on my own half the time ,but in pattaya you or never on you own :10of10Score: .You can pr ebook a taxi which will pick you up from the airport or hotel from bangkok i always use email address is mr_ttaxi@hotmail .com pay 1000 baht.Not sure what time of your you are going but xmas time is more expensive but to be honest i find it the best time .if you have any more question pm on private user name .i go tomoz for 2 weeks then at xmas cant wait to go back to the land of pleasure :Finger5::ShitHappens1::ShitHappens1:

Some good places already advised on here.

Have a look at Pattaya Bay Resort Hotel. I'm booked in there in Oct. Plenty of good reviews on this board.

http://pattayabayresort.com/default.aspx

Have a great time

Tony

Hi, I have to second Tonys reply. PBR is a great place to stay. The staff is very friendly, if you stay for 6 days your 7th day is free. King bed is 999 a nite. There is a pool on the top floor with a restaurant (Very good IMHO). Its quiet and set back a little bit from 2nd road and you walk through a small mall to get to the road and bars, baht busses ect. The hotel also has a baht bus to take you to the main road if you don't feel like walking through the mall area. You can get a baht bus or motor bike if you are in a hurry to any soi. The security at the hotel is great, they are working 24-7. when your TG departs the staff will call your room and make sure everything is okay with you. Safes are bolted into the wall. They will arrrange taxi service to/from BKK. Its just a nice place to stay..also, you can have laundry done for a minimal fee as well. Here's their contact info:

Pattaya Bay Resort

236/21 Moo 10, Soi 15 & Second Rd. (City of Pattaya)

Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi, THAILAND 20260

+66 (0) 38 724-222 - Telephone +66 (0) 38 724-229 - FAX [email protected] - email

I normally stay at the Roof Garden inn. It's not downtown but Baht bus runs right out front. No pool but rooms are nice and it's only 750 - 850 baht a night depending on what time of year. Staff is very nice and speak good english. I would ask for one of the the BIG rooms though. And, if you don't mind stairs it's not a bad place. When you make a rez you can also ask for Airport pick-up for about 1000 baht. But as this is your first time, I'd go with something in town like Secrets unless you MUST have a pool.....ALSO, I'd recommend that you check out a club called Tahitian Queen (AKA) TQ's on beach road. Ran by some Ex-pats and A LOT of BABES !!!!!!!!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP DUDE !!

Edited by Jumpmaster

HAVE SOME FUN....GET IT ALL OVER HER FACE!!

PATTAYA IS A MAN'S PARADISE !!