Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Time Share Scammers

LaaMok

I fell for the scam in my last trip (first time in Patts). A very nice TG approached to me, adn handed me scratch card. She said I won the big prize, and I got very excited!! I thought it was my lucky day. I would get a digital camera , or $500 bucks + meal ..... blah! . Off we went to Jomptien. The TG was very excited because she told me she would get a prize or big comission, and I was glad she would get her share too. The office was inside a building, maybe in the 6-7th floor. A farang guy introduced himself... we talked about maybe 20mins until I got bored. The sales guy looked like an ex-convict, and no more girls during the interview, so I got dead boring...... I never followed the end, but I left early. I told him thanks for the free ride to Jomtien, and left the almost empty building. This is how I discovered Jomtien.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LaaMok

• sexy beast

• hazze

• striderman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Wife & I got a free trip to jometein and the whole treatment last year. Found out that as soon as we said we had a house in Pattaya they weren't interested but all the same the saleman turned out to be decent bloke just like most of us are , with a thai wife and trying to earn a way to live in Pattaya. We chatted away for about an hour or so before he arranged a lift back to beach road.

babydollsaddict.gif

The first time I ever got stop & asked to fill in a questionnare was on my most recent trip, last month. I thought it was all OK when suddenly I'd won a trip & accomodation to Phuket. At that point I guessed this was a con so I gave my winning ticket to a passing Thai lady on Beach Road & said to the bloke with the clip board that I'd like to donate my wonderful 'holiday' to her. I then thank him for his time & walked off.

:Chokdee3:

Best way to get the f****** to leave you alone is to just say that you live there. But if you're wearing a bright Hawaiian shirt and flip flops then they might not believe you lol

Shit I normally wear hawaiian shirts and sandals in everyday life, would it be fair to assume I have to update my wardrobe before going to pattaya?

I too was tricked by a female time share scammer on Beach road. She promised me long time but only gave me short time.

:Oops3:

just say you're from holland, they dont take dutch clients

OK, I just gotta ask...why don't they take people from Holland ? samuijim

Avatar...Hillary says to Bill, let's name her Monica

Agree they are annoying. If you tell them you live here they back off straight away.

If you have time, they do get paid for every completed form so if you'r feeling generous you can always fill it in and if they are good looking ask them out later - the Thai ones I mean LOL

Has anyone seriously asked these cute TG's selling time share if they'd go for a short time? I'm talking about doing it discreetly and reminding them that they could earn a lot more in a short space of time and you promise not to tell anyone.

Mmmm..............I wonder if anyone has had any luck with these girls, might find one next trip and ask her to join me for a drink...

Cheers,

DIRTY

Click Here To Help Pattaya Orphans

jizzflicker "I just wanna fill a wheel barrow up with jizz and tip it all over her head, while her sister spanks her with a dildo"

Bryan "What Colours your Dog"

LaaMok "I was bored once and had time to waste. i decided to try and unload without touching myself or rubbing, i think about 4 hours later, the yogurt truck crashed."

I'll have to remember to tell them I live in Patts or Jomtien, I just gave them all fraudulent info cause I felt sorry for the girl

(she said she got paid for every survey).I told her my name was John Q Public 5555!

Edited by flatfifth2003

Just a quick warning.

I was approached by two decent looking Thai ladies and they asked me to answer some holiday questions. I thought, I have nothing else to do. Then they gave me a crappy ticket to open, guess what "I won"

(the questionnaire i think was just an excuse to win you a prize)

It made out i won free food and 500 dollars or something like that.

I hardly paid any notice, and thought anyway I'll move on.

The girl said to claim my prize i have to sit though a 30 minute introduction about a new company they were starting.

Then as i spoke to the girl, she was doing her magic, just generally being cute and paying me lots of attention, massaging my male ego.

She explained to me how much she gets for roping a guy in, so i thought i would take her hook, 1. to humour them 2. to get my ego further massaged. 3. because i had nothing to do. and 4. If it was a dodgy con attempt, then i would get some excitment to brighten up my day.

In the taxi she was shocked to discover i was under 27, so after 10 minutes of practising my new birthdate together, we were back on track. (otherwise i wouldnt qualify for her payout)

We jumped in a taxi and headed for jontiem, a new world opened up for me we went into a big building which had lots of regular looking farang walking around as though they were at work. Suddenly from holiday mode i seen a business like aspect of pattaya.

As I walked up the stairs i was taken to a make shift reception were i was excitely met by another receptionist that cross questioned my details.

By this time i was pretending to be really excited at getting my win payout, this build up is essential to get the drama when the non payment came.

Then i was met by a smarmy talking sales man. He was so nice i wanted to hit him, (joke) I can see through people like that, we're were also taken for FREE tea. He made it sound like an honour.

This is the point were I wouldnt stop talking and when he tried to interupt me, i just carried on, its his job to stay friends with me, he should work for his money. I figured if i am wasting his time he wont be ripping someone else off.

As he tried to start his sales pitch, i told him about the forum that i am admin of and i started to tell him how many connections i have through the forum. As the list went on, he sat back and i could see that he give up.

When he found out the forum was free, he started saying, what a nice bunch you all are, i think he was having massive second thoughts about robbing me, a forum member can be so damaging to these peoples schemes. All interest was dropped as his miserable manager walked in, he said "you know what, the scheme isnt for you, but i will sort you out a free week holiday in Phuket" I said ok then give it me, I knew it would most likely be worthless, but i was sitting on the edge of my chair pretending to be in excitement and curious as what he was about to do. I was expecting a bit of bog roll with a "I owe you" written on it, but i was presented with a piece of paper of equal value.

This is when i left with a smile and thought how impressed i was at wasting his time.

I was driven back but i conveinently didnt know my street name and i got lost a few times down the one way street. I was enjoying the car ride.

So if you want a free excursion and a good laugh at someone else's expense, walk down beach road and talk to the ladies asking the questions. just make sure your strong willed, cuz these people must be good at conning, otherwise they wouldnt be there!

Brian, you are right - it can be fun. I did the same a few months ago - sales pitch from the beach road girl (VERY good English) was, "You are my first client to say yes - I am happy because now I will keep my job - I have to call my manager to get the 100bt for the taki to Jomtien - etc etc." When there, I did the same as you - told them the street girl (who WAS very cute) was really good and worth the money! They gave me lunch and tea and juice and so on and then sat me down with this English guy. He was selling Holiday Bonds for an outfit called "Just Go" - who are actually legit if this kind of thing is for you - anyway, as soon as I told them I was in the property business in ten countries, took over a hundred flights a year, and basically holidayed on company time, they quickly lost interest. Gave me the inevitable free holiday - which IS legit - accommodation only, of course and extra for everything!!!!!

These guys and girlsare all over Patts as you know - for the benefit of everybody here, unless you are seriously interested in time share holidays, just walk on by - it really is not worth the time to stop and talk, listen to the presentation in the hope of winning the laptop, or 5000 bucks or whatever - you won't!! It will only ever be an accommodation package worth very little.

Have to say the lunch wasn't bad . . . . . . .

babydollsaddict.gif

I had a couple approach me on second Road;

Soon as they pulled some cards out and said "you can win a prize";

I said "All the time i have been in Pattaya you are the first Time Share reps i have seen"(Taking the piss);

They just drove off:

Next time I'll just tell em "I'm a Trainee Bubbist monk":

• 3 months later...
Has anyone seriously asked these cute TG's selling time share if they'd go for a short time? I'm talking about doing it discreetly and reminding them that they could earn a lot more in a short space of time and you promise not to tell anyone.

I had the Exact same idea but never followed through. The girl was on Beach road just past the Royal Garden Plaza. I think they only got 50 Bt for each potential sucker they get to go and a 500Bt if you buy in to it. I would take the one I liked away from the group if they were together and descretly make the offer of short time. The answer is always No, unless you ask.

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

i had an english man from london try the same with me but i just mentioned how wise i was about wot he does and we said our goodbyes both smiling but good move playing them along mate is the holiday valid ???

พอล

babydollsaddict.gif

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/38.jpg&text=the%20party%20starts&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=11&day=21&hour=15&minute=30&second=27&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdown Clocks</small></center>

• 1 month later...

I've been 3 times now the same girl stopped me every day after a few days i though wtf didn't have anything to do so went she said i had to show a credit card which i was sceptical about but agreed also had to stay for 60 minutes. Took me to Jomtien the girl said she'd wait to give me a ride back stayed for 65 mins listening to some bloke spout some confusing bollocks then told him i wasn't interested got a free t-shirt and left. Was surprised the chick had waited for me got a lift back had a chat with her she reckoned she got 2500bhat for me going i got her number promised id meet her for a drink later but i never bothered. Then saw her again on my next trip went again and then went again on my last trip don't think i'll bother next time a man only needs so many t-shirts and they make a crap brew

It's a hard job that thes guys do , I don't believe in pressure sales , But I do have to say the timeshare deal is for real and you do get your moneys worth . It is for people who have the money after all! Anyway I own a timeshare in Mexico and its great and I think I would be interested in one in Thailand too. Basically all the conplaints are form people who don't even go threw with the purchase or have even had a timeshare Go figure?

last year, as a newbie, I was walking on beach road, and a nice girl aproached to me to fill a survey. After the survey, I scratched a ticket, and I won a prize. I WAS EXCITED..... I SELDOM WIN ANY PRIZE... and the girl told me I was very lucky. Not many people can get the highest prize, which was a digital camera or $500 bucks cash. I sucked in... they drove me to Jomtien, and I met a Germany guy.. I was excited waiting for my prize, and the guy was making his sales pitch. He was talking a bunch BS* , and I keep asking how long this will take to get my prize.. after about 30 mins, I realized I will get nothing, and left buildig . But hey! at least I discovered Jomtien on my own and got a free ride . I just had to pay 20bht for the bus back to Patts. But never again I will do that. . maybe next time , as suggested by other BMs, I will kindly ask the girl if wanna go for a ST for 500 bht. After the deed, I will gladly speak with his boss and try to get her a promotion.

It's a hard job that thes guys do , I don't believe in pressure sales , But I do have to say the timeshare deal is for real and you do get your moneys worth . It is for people who have the money after all! Anyway I own a timeshare in Mexico and its great and I think I would be interested in one in Thailand too. Basically all the conplaints are form people who don't even go threw with the purchase or have even had a timeshare Go figure?

First, I'm happy that you are happy with your Mexican timeshare.

Why, if a timeshare is so good, do they need to use pressure sales? I think people using these techniques are not trustworthy so I don't trust the timeshare either. Simple.

Men want to fuck many women. Women want to fuck the best provider. Only in the paysex scene both goals are met.

First, I'm happy that you are happy with your Mexican timeshare.

Why, if a timeshare is so good, do they need to use pressure sales? I think people using these techniques are not trustworthy so I don't trust the timeshare either. Simple.

Agree, I am glad moose420 is happy , but i sat through one and there economics on the one they were selling me was miles off , i'd be 3 times better off investing the money in some term deposit and using the interest to pay for any accomadation i wanted.

I think any investment where they have to use ambush marketing and high pressure sales speaks volumes as to what type of "real" investment oppurtunity they are.

Never bothered in Patts with this kii gong, but did do it in Tenerife a few centuries ago with my GF. We lived together (1st mistake) and as most of you say who have been we had to lie (second mistake).

1. you had to be married or living together for 5 yrs+

2. lying is so easy to get caught out, but hell I wanted these free cigarettes and the litre of Vodka!

After wasting a good 90 mins of my life listening to the sh*t, viewing the apartment, which I must admit was damn impressive they came back with the bombshell ..... well how the hell was I to know they would do voter roll checks! As we had only lived together 5 months we were not shown at the same address.

LMAO the lie fell to bits piece by piece and I saw the cigarettes and vodka slowly drift away.

Anyway, used some bullsh*t of my own, put the angry head on .... you calling me a liar you twat? I have wasted an hour and a half listening to this sh*t and was going to seriously consider buying into your offer (bullsh*t) and you call me a f*ckin liar ....... ok ok sir please calm down, by this time the GF was under the table dying of embaressment :Number1a: But hey, did i get these cigarettes and vodka or did i get these cigarettes and vodka???

They must keep good sh*t for people who buy into it and crap for time wasters like me! I wouldn't have smoked one of the things if I was paid and the vodka was more closely related to white spirit! But hey I won :)

Wha's like us?

they have this in the states also, well maybe not as much of a scam; you do get timeshares but timeshares are kinda a scam, unless you rent them out lol.

Yes I totally agree, This type of ambush , trick sale really is a sad case. Totally not what happened to me in Mexico . I believe the larger resorts ie; The Marriott and Hilton, The Rich and the bigger guys in Resorts do not conduct any sort of trickery in their sales , You really get what you pay for and The nice ones are worth every penny really . The only scam I see with them is that they are selling more shares than are available, But as long as when you show up you get your room and service it is what it is. It really comes down to money and what you want Just don't be fooled like Im sure many are. Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...