IGNORED

Time Share Scammers

LaaMok

The exact same thing happened to me last year, only apparently I won loads of cash or some video cam. During thepresentation they announce that you can't have the cash because it's against the law in LOS, and they''ve no VCs left, so you win a week's holiday to be taken between certain dates or something. It was all bollocks.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LaaMok

• sexy beast

• hazze

• moose420

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got caught the first day I was in Pattaya 8 years ago. filled out a survey. next morning the hotel people came and woke me saying that there was a phone call for me - wtf - no one knew where I was or which hotel I was staying in. asked if they were sure it was for me, yes, yes, she has an English accent....spoke to the woman on the phone and she said that I had won a holiday for 4, they would came and pick me up at 10 for the prize awarding at their complex.

Got dragged out to the View Talaya condos out at Jomtien - thought something was up when I saw a lot of other falangs there. got sat down and talked to about their condos, told them that I had no money (not to far from the truth) they took some convincing tho. after about 45 minutes got my prize - which was "free" accom at one of their places - had to find the airfare etc and no doubt sit through daily ear-bashings about buying condos - there was also a "processing fee to get the fee accom as well - never took them up on it.

they could see that I was a waste of their time and was able to get out of there. had to walk in to Jomtein tho, and get a baht bus back to Patts - no lift home for the poor people lol.

never filled out another one tho - I believe that the touts get 20 baht or so for each one filled out. happy to give them 25 to leave me alone.

Cheers

Zoomwave

Same story as above but like a sucker I spent 2 hours there, but got some free food though. They showed me a board where they had taken pictures of all the suckers who had signed up with them, and lots of I've got one myself. It worked out that you would pay £6000 for a 2 week slot in a studio apartment but then have to pay £175 every year in maintanence! thats just crazy. Anyway got out of there buy sticking to my guns that I had no money, high pressure sales techniques designed to get you to buy before you have a chance to think. Scum!

Now I just give false name and address. Don't mind the Thai girls with the clip boards quite interesting to talk to them.

"A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed"

There's light at the end of this long tunnel

These touts are low life IMO bottom of the food chain to conning you out of money, so if someone is trying to scam me then I will react accordingly

God forbid that Thailand ever turns out like the Canary Islands, with the time-share shits working in packs like wolves. When I was married and going to the canaries with my wife they would ruin our holiday. Day after bloody day the same thing. In the end my wife and I would leave the apartment seperately to avoid being stopped as they were mainly only interested in older couples with money. Same thing,scratch- card, which are all winners, free meal, free drink, smooth chat etc. Try to leave the so-called presentation and see the dramatic change of attitude. There have been so many programs on uk t.v. about these bullying shisters I am suprised that people are still taken in, But they are. They must be bloody soft in the head..I took great pleasure watching Johnny Palmer and a few of his cronies sent down a few years ago for robbing old couples. But he practically owns Tenerife so still had a lot of money to come out to, unlike the poor old souls he robbed of their life savings. Lets hope that Pattaya never gets this problem with poor old(ish) guys getting suckered-in to attend these presentations and then having the "pressure" put on them by these yobs in suits. My advice . Don't even accept the scratch-card because if you do they have got you, because you appear interested. If you don't accept the card you CANNOT win. So cannot be whisked off for a "presentation". As you have probably guessed by now, I HATE TIME-SHARE REPS !!

A10030B_md.jpg

I usually just try to wave them off or say no thanks. The really persistent ones I ask "How much for short time?" They avoid me like a leper after that.

a few times 2 middle eastern men on bike stops me and ask me on holiday,they say big party in jomtien,if i want to go,no i said i live her,and of they go.Last time they stop,and he look at me and said:you again,off they go :D

Nine out of 10 times the first thing they will ask is where are you from. 19 out of 20 times they will turn away if you reply with "Jomtien".

I've always found if you tell them that you live and work in Bangkok and that you are down on holiday they tend to p*** off :wub:

du du du short time ...tammai teug tum kub chan dai

Foxy007

I had a similar experience, except in BK.

Was walking to the BTS when I was approached by a thai girl and guy. they asked me to fill a survey. I said thanks but they asked me to help them out because they get xx bt for everyone who fills out the survey. so i said ok what the heck. well ok now they ask me to go check out this new resort and we take a taxi there (near asok). On the way there, they prep me what to tell the boss guy there so that they can properly get paid. Sure no problem with me. I walk in and get greeted by this german guy. He was nice and professional and we talk abit. Asked me a few questions about my traveling habits and told me what the promotion was all about. He then said if I wasn't interested it's ok and didn't think we should waste each other's time if so.

As soon as you tell them "you live here in Pattaya" they will not bother with you anymore.

As soon as you tell them "you live here in Pattaya" they will not bother with you anymore.

I had tried telling them that I live here (in Thai too) but they still kept approaching me. Last time I was approached (on 2nd Road), I told the girl that I came from Jomtien. She lost interest immediately. :Beer1:

Alan

The biggest regret I have, is not getting the girls number and give her a banging later, just to say thanks for trying to set me up!!

Timeshare scams are about as low as you can get.

Why tourists believe these people I don’t know.

I always reply first with a firm NO THANK YOU, but if that does not work the language gets stronger.

I got got cuaght in Phuket about 3 years ago, except it was a scratch and win ticket they were handing out, It was an English guy handing them out, first ticket i scratched I didn't win, so becuase I look like a nice guy (read sucker) he gave me another one, well wouldn't you know it I won one of the major prizes , $20,000 baht , A Video Camera or a Holiday.

The guy handing out the cards was estatic , apparently he has been handing these things out for weeks and I am the first person to win the major prize ( If I ever see this f*cker again , kapoowwww),

Anyway I am whisked away by Taxi to claim my prize about 30 seconds into the convesation, I say this isn't a time share is it.

I think what the hell I can put up with this guys crap for 30 minutes for 20,000 baht or that very nice little Video Camera and then it dawned on me, I am going to win the Holiday which is going to be in one of these time shares, soI got up and walked out.

It ruined my day, I was so angry.

I was given some advice for my first trip that you were more likley be ripped of by a Falang than a Thai and it came true.

to the girls with clipboards I either reply no or soi buakoaw. Its the twats on the motorbikes who annoy me

"do you speak english?" been stopped twice by the same european on soi buakoaw and once by an irish girl on the second road.

just been stopped by a big fat english git on a bike near soi post office.

after the usual "u speak english"shit I told him he had "better not be trying to sell me f*****g time share".

He went nuts took the most pathetic swing at me his gut would allow and said he was gonna sort me out. Meanwhile I was looking at his cycle reg and asking him about his work permit. Needless to say the fat slob drove off at speed with my abuse ringing in his ears.

I always get a bit twitchy on my last day of hol in pattaya!!!!

Edited by sexy beast
naughty words

• 4 weeks later...

I jumped on the back of the bike with the irish girl as I was up early and I thought it would help her out because she told me she would get paid if I was there for a while, the whole thing seemed dodgy as they were just flicking through hotel brouchers and scribbling numbers and drawind lines on a note pad and promising things that didn't make much sense, I'm not sure how someone could fall for this as they were expecting me to hand over $7000au on the spot, but hey it was all a bit of fun and I got a free trip around pattaya and free crappy yellow t-shirt to say I had been on the tour ..Quality..

• 2 weeks later...
Nine out of 10 times the first thing they will ask is where are you from. 19 out of 20 times they will turn away if you reply with "Jomtien".

That or yuu tii nii (I live here) :P Last time I was approached, I replied Jomtien and that was enough for them to lose interest.

Maybe 3 or 4 years ago, when I lived in Edinburgh I got a call from Canada trying to sell me a timeshare in Florida or somewhere. Not having anything better to do at that moment in time, I let them run up a long distane phone call for 20 or so minutes before terminating the call when they asked for my credit card details. Poor guy must have seen his commission float away with the flying pig. :bj9:

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago we were in Malta and a Timeshare rep kept asking us to go on a "Prize" visit to a local spot , we kept saying No and then he offered us £5 Maltese £`s each to go, there was 4 of us, 2 cpls, so we said ..give us the money now and we will go ! he coughed up £20 maltese and we went , had a coffee and told the scammer at the complex we were only there because the Social Services had paid for our holiday on account of Chris just being released from his life sentence for Murder ! , we were outside in about 30 seconds flat ! Wonder why ?

And the £20 paid for a Hire Car for a week for us , made it cheap Holiday transport !

Mind you in Los they would prob only offer you 50 bht :Censored1:

Liz

For the Kids Smiles

Pattaya Kids

Has anyone seriously asked these cute TG's selling time share if they'd go for a short time? I'm talking about doing it discreetly and reminding them that they could earn a lot more in a short space of time and you promise not to tell anyone.

• 5 months later...

another way is to act like the village idiot.

if they give you the scratch card ,you eat the piece of paper (just have a cold beer with you to help the process ) and bow in front of them to thank them as if it was an honour to receive a donation from a local.

it is even easier if you can speak a foreign language other than english . you keep talking in your native language while they answer in english.

I have just had 2.5 weeks of constant jibe from these time share scammers. I found that after getting caught out once, the best exit is just to say that you are married and your wife is not on holiday with you but back in youre home country. Ends all conversation quickly

• 2 weeks later...

I went twice with these people. Just curious about the bastards. I even saw their substandard facilities, 5 stars plus = (2 star thai, really cheap work, and interior). The company has chanegd names etc several times in the past years and is the same in BKK, Phuket, and Pattaya. A chat friend once worked for them and they ship the good looking gals around the places, even by air to Phuket.

My friend did not know all the details but she was fully aware that it is a scam. She was being paid by the number of delivered victims or questionaires. She claimed she never took guys there. Ok.....

The one way to fuck these scum bags is to fill out the form with consistently wrong data. At least they have to pay the gals and have the damage. Going there, free chicken in the old days, is just interesting if you want to watch some fucked up expats trying to make a living. The waste of Europe is working there. I fill out my 2-3 forms a week and that might make it 80-100 bath damage for them. Always polite and in a rush. Still hope for a date with some of the nicer gals.....

The cost of the annual maintenance is pretty much what the time share would cost you as a hotel bill in the same place (in case you could stand that place). So the money they want is profit for them after deducting the pennies they the gals and f or the location. No doubt our Pattaya mayor and his Chinese gang are on the deal as well.