Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Uk Modem Unlocking

Crusader

Do you know if a pay as you go Uk 3 Network Modem for mobile internet can be unlocked and used in Thailand? Is it a simple case of just taking out the SIM card and replacing it with a Thai SIm card or is some computer jiggery pokery required to get the modem to work in Thailand on a Thai network at Thai prices? Thanks.

My reports come from the front line.

Dose any one know if this will work with a Thai sim in Thailand???

IF THE LAST TRAIN TO HEAVEN STOPS AT PATTAYA GET OFF

To unlock it in the uk, you have to contact the 3 network. They will charge you a tenner and will give you all the codes you need to know to unlock it. This includes the IEME number which usually is 15 characters long and printed behind the battery. I've had 2 contract 3 phones unlocked in the uk. It's easy when you know how but you have to pay to get the codes. I've seen various websites offering the same deal but maybe cheaper.

In thailand in Tops (centre road/2nd road corner) i was told by one dealer 500baht unlock any phone. Thats pretty much the same price.

I suggest getting it unlocked in the UK is the better option.

ภรรยาไทยต้องà¸à¸²à¸£

You bet get it unlocked, if you can, in the UK or any country outside Thailand.

I had then "unlock" a A$650 Motorola, it then worked in thailand, but they fucked it for Australia,

took it to Motorola they looked at it and said not economical to repair.

So stuff the thai phone experts.

Oh and I must add this was at Tops

Edited by luckyphil91

They can unlock just about any phone in Pattaya.

I have loads done over the years.

R CON on Pattaya South road has tons of shops that do this.

Soi Bukow also has loads of shops that unlock phones.

Pull a girl & she will get you to a shop that does it all with mobile phones. :GoldenSmile1::rolleyes::Photo1:

Its not a phone I want to know about it’s a dongle. So I can get on the internet

If I buy a dongle in the uk and unlock it will it work in my pc in Thailand with a Thai sim? I have a phone that works ok in Thai.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

You’re talking about a modem stick.

I have one which is lock into the 3G network for wireless internet connection.

I took it to Tukcom and asked several vendors about unlocking it and most had never seen one before and asked me "what is it" which really surprised me so the answer was no.

I couldn't believe it.

Cheers

CIMG0672.jpg

Look at post by THE SPERMINATOR he has link to youtube showing how to do it.